March 2015 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Page 29 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #421  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Mother is having a procedure on her eyelids today. They are droopy from age. she is quite old.
LOL - quite old, huh? Although I am not "quite old" I had this procedure done in September (age 49). The droopy eyelids is a hereditary issue in my family and several of us have had the procedure. When they say it is a painless procedure, it is true. Very little pain, some discomfort, but not much pain at all. I looked like I had been beat (even had some psychologist I didn't know hand me her business card at the post office about a week after surgery and tell me if I needed anything to let her know). It made a huge difference in my vision. Attached is a before/after photo. It was so worth it. The best ice packs are peas. For the first 24 hours I did ice for 10 minutes out of every hour.

I wear sunglasses a lot more than I did before. I tell people I lost my awnings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 MONTHS.jpg (20.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 03-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

I hope everyone's loved one receives a good report from surgical procedures and tests soon and very soon.

CoolMom on a cool vacation. Enjoy yourself and the food, you can pick it up where you left off when you get back home. All of the walking will counteract the new foods. Don't miss out on anything.

Flower, Penny - As you know, I'm throwing everything up against the wall to see what sticks. I've never encountered anything like this. It does seem like I'm working twice-three times as hard for a smidge of results from what used to happen in the 20's. Unbelievable what happens to women...it's gives me a big pinch.

B - Pork roast, blackeyed peas, potato, au jus, espresso
L - Salmon, asparagus, lemon, blackberries
D - Tuna, green beans, green tea

Last edited by Mossy; 03-26-2015 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #423  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 1lbs to 178.2lbs today.

Breakfast was mackerel, anchovies and smoked oysters.

Lunch was fish and salad.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and ran 4 miles before lunch. Work gave me a new iPhone 6 which is pretty cool.

Next week I travel to the UK to see my kids. Should be good.

Thanks flower.

Last edited by IanG; 03-25-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #424  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

The prep for DH's colonoscopy didn't work as well as what was needed. There were no polyps for what the Dr. could see. So that's good. The Dr. will want to repeat the colonoscopy some time in the future. But nothing looked suspicious so it's not an emergency.

For the upper, it looks like his antacid is not strong enough. DH had a stricture so the Dr. stretched the esophagus. He took several biopsies from areas that look irritated. The biopsies will be sent off and we should know something definite within a week. He said from all of his years of experience, based on what he saw, the areas look to be irritations from the acid and nothing to worry about. Hopefully that's true and we will know the results soon. The Dr. prescribed a stronger antacid to help with the acid.

So, all and all it doesn't appear we are dealing with anything major and it can be dealt with with medicine. Thank you so much for the support, thoughts and prayers for us. I truly appreciate them. It was very difficult for me to see him knocked out from the meds. I was so relieved when he came to.

No workout for today. We ate lunch out at a place we haven't been to in a while. It was a nice lunch. Then DH wanted pizza for dinner. I haven't had pizza since before my Mom passed away and DH hasn't had it since his friend passed away almost a year ago. Would you believe I didn't even like it? It has probably been 4 years since I have had pizza. I ate 2 pieces of pizza and my off plan lunch. Now I feel gross. It was fun spending time with DH after the procedure, though. It was like we were on a date, although we are always together 24/7.

I enjoyed eating off plan but I'm sure I won't be happy with the weigh in. The off plan eating and no sleep is a bad combo. I will see how I feel in a couple of days. I feel like I have been through h3ll and need a break from the scale. Tomorrow is back on plan, though.

webb89 Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Waving Hi all around! Rest well.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:40 PM   #425  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

One reason for our journey is to survive days like these Diana and I am pleased you had a (relatively) good outcome.

Try going through that stress at 290lbs. Wouldn't have worked.

The other reason for our journey is to have more fun in better times, which I hope will be coming your way soon.

So nice work.

Last edited by IanG; 03-25-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:52 PM   #426  

Made To Thrive Thanks for your great post. Mom secretly had hers done years ago for cosmetic reasons. She told my brother who told me. I am 63 years old and would feel much better facing myself in the mirror every morning if my lids were not half mast . Mom is 92. She has to ice for 48 hours. Except when she sleeps.

Love that the the therapist gave you her card. The before and after pictures are awesome. Sort of makes me want to have it done. But hen again, I wold do anything to stay away from the knife....and frozen peas. AND I am almost positive I am not yet a candidate to have it covered by medical insurance. Gotta wait for more droop

I am not going to write more right now. I am worn and tired. Had a hard time staying awake while driving home from the dentist. Felt like i kept sort of dozing. But I knew I was not letting it get too far. I gpt home without making any driving mistakes. I have spoken with my mother twice today and Aunt once. Sat on the dentist chair with my cell phone until it rang. Mother did well.

So I celebrated. No matter how I look at it, this celebration was greusome. I like to think of it as breakfast and then lunch. Two meals. Breakfast : 3 oz olive chibata bread and an egg. Lunch 4 ounces of olive chibata bread with 2 eggs. There WAS butter involved. Tonight will be regular food.But I bought a red bell pepper for the salad. So that will be tonight's celebration. I did sleep. But some man with an east Indian accent woke me up calling to tell me there was something wrong with my computer. I do not remember what I answered. But I am sure it could not be repeated in this forum. If I really wake up I will write more personals later. Intil then, as Marcel the shell says "Life's a party.Rock your body"

Last edited by flower123; 03-26-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #427  
Trying to live below 200

Ian Thank you. I totally agree. There are times that my extra energy, etc. are an asset now. I see when DH is sick or not doing well that he really needs me to help him, at home and work. We never know what the future holds. But hopefully I can always be there for him when he needs me. Also, hopefully he can be there for me if my health takes a turn. It's all very eye opening though. At one time we were both around 400 pounds. He around 300 or a little less now.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:00 PM   #428  
Trying to live below 200

Kris The pictures are amazing.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #429  

Diana, So glad to hear that there was nothing alarming. No red flags, so to speak. Doctors err on the side of caution when talking with people. So I think he is pretty darned sure that there is just irritation. What a time to celebrate ( or so I think) I hear ya re pizza. I think there are more sophistocated pizzas out there these days. Ones that are not greasy slabs of cheese on tasteless crust. I used to love those in years gone by. I bet you are breathing easier tonight
Old 03-26-2015, 01:43 AM   #430  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

Talking

Hi all,

Good to hear procedures went as planned and fingers crossed for good news in the future for all as well. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

Had a bum day yesterday, my day just went South when I got to work yesterday and just got worse as the day wore on, so I went home and slept pretty much all afternoon until my mom called and asked if I wanted to go to the gym, I didn't, so we didn't go and I went back to sleep.

Today on the other hand was alright, all is well with the car, finally, that was about to be a fiasco (I hate car dealerships ). After work today was good, still not the greatest day, but theres always tomorrow.

Still working on my eating habits, but at least I got the gym down pat.
Todays gym time was 37 mins on the elliptical, 350 cals and 3.4 miles. Crashed through my 10k step goal today, closing out right at 22k, so that's my victory for today. Also had an hour at dance class, sweaty and hot, but fun.

Good rest to all around, and hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.

Oh and a fun little thing I did today, I went and bought a 30lb box of veggies for $5!!! There's a group in our community that goes to the veggie warehouses and gets the extra veggies that don't make the stores and divvys them into boxes and sell's them for $5 a box and that $5 goes towards their truck rental to go get the bulk veggies and some of it goes back into the community. So good for me and good for them. I got about 24 full sized bell peppers (red, yellow and green), many many small ones (we call them 'baby bells'), lots and lots of serrano and jalapeno peppers and 4 poblano peppers, so time to find some good recipes!! I made rice and cheese stuffed bells today, they were so yummy.

Last edited by lilmonstervictoria; 03-26-2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: had to add my little victory
Old 03-26-2015, 02:14 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

That's encouraging news, Diana. Hope you sleep well tonight. What a relief.

Goodnight, Flower. Sleep well.
So long for now, everyone.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #432  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Diana, sorry the prep wasn't as sufficient as they had hoped. No fun going through all of that and not being squeaky clean. I'm glad the initial report looked good.

I had another day of much walking. Breakfast was egg on toast made in our apartment and then lunch was an amazing mix of food in a giant egg pancake bowl. It looked like a dutch baby with lettuce, fried egg, hot dog and other bits of veg nestled in it.

Dinner is skipped again and we are trying to stay up later than 7:00.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #433  

w: 184.7, - 5,3

b: slice of bread+spread
l: 2 slices of bread + chocolate muffin
d: oven baked potatoes and veggies

e: bodystep
Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #434  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

CoolMom
What was your friend's reaction to your weight loss?

Last night: A Meditation for Relaxation & Wellness

This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 workout

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-26-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #435  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi everyone! grades are in, I did get my 'A' in Econ, and a 'B' in the Accounting class. I'm ok with that.

Rode 21 miles last night with DH on bikes, then fixed dinner of chicken fried steaks (omaha steaks) w/mushroom gravy, green peas

I've run out of options for food! we have a lot of food at home, just not my usual stuff so I have to go to the grocery store after work, STAT!

B - slice of sourdough w/deli chicken slices and provolone cheese, just mayo
L - southwestern salad
S - maybe greek yogurt, but I haven't been having a snack until later these days.
D - um, hmm. have to ask the DH what he wants, cuz I like all my meat choices! I'm thinking chicken strips!

just got an IM from stepmom that dad is out of surgery and did well - they are waiting for him to wake up. He'll need some kind of cancer treatment but they don't know what until pathology comes back in a couple weeks.
Closed Thread