March 2015 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Page 26 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

As early as 1995, researchers at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine concluded that “just 7 days of caloric restriction can produce dramatic improvements in glycemic control; moreover, VLCDs produce greater improvements in glycemic control than more moderate diets, even if weight losses are the same.” With my added emphasis in italics, that means that better glycemic control means better weight control.

More recently, a giant and ongoing study in the European Union has been trying to connect the dots between success in losing weight and success in maintaining that loss. One of its interim findings, just published as I was writing this, concludes that “LCD (low calorie diet)-*induced changes in BMI [and] fasting insulin . . . are inversely associated with weight regain in the 6-*month period following weight loss.” In other words: the positive metabolic changes that the low-*calorie diet induced made weight regain much less likely.

And another study, from Maastricht University in the Netherlands: “VLCD with active follow-*up treatment seems to be one of the better treatment modalities related to long-*term weight-*maintenance success” (italics mine).

In other words, short-*term very low-*calorie dieting can produce a whole bunch of positive changes that will keep you from getting fat again. The trial is not over, and the jury is certainly not out. It’s still hearing evidence. But, again, the more I observe my own clients and the more I study, the more convinced I’ve become: in the short run, it’s the way to go. And right this moment, you’re in the short run. Eight hundred calories for women. Twelve hundred for men. Got it?

All of which means: at nine o’clock at night, when you’re dreaming about food and ruminating over this Jumpstart Rule, you’ll hate my guts!

But trust me: when you’re walking down the aisle, you’ll want to kiss me.

Oh yes, brothers and sisters, you will!

Last edited by Mossy; 03-23-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #377  

I've read everything and all of his comments. His book is based on helping 1000's of clients reach success. He talks about how calories really do matter even when many are saying today that they do not matter.

He's went Paleo and no longer follows his vegan plan but he also says that Paleo people can go so overboard on fats that the body, while "fat adapted", becomes real efficient AGAIN at hanging onto the fats and weight loss slows down once AGAIN. So he says that fats have to measured and not used so liberally that you're living on fats but not burning any. Paleo snacks will get you nowhere good either. The point of diminishing returns.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-23-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #378  

Moment of truth. I think I was adding way too much Kerrygold butter to my coffee with what started out as a dash of heavy cream but has resulted in 2 Tbspoons or more. Then other oils throughout the day.

Yep, it's time for a reality check. Too many fats. Time to cut those back to a reasonable amount. So I was standing still for 5 months. That's almost 1/2 of a year. I'm probably about small-med boned so 122 used to be a tad heavy for me but I believe it will be just right. I'm not giving in or giving up until I get there and stay there. I'm fighting like heck and I'm not going to take this any more. I'm not really laughing. I just want to get there and then work on a maintenance plan.

E - 45 min walk
B - HB eggs, 1/2 sweet potato,kale, Kerrygold in coffee - measured out
L - Homemade vege beef soup with loads of vege
D - Salmon, greens and free vege off the list

Last edited by Mossy; 03-23-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #379  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning all

flower thank you! sometimes we ride 30 miles, but we haven't done more than that yet

novangel great episode! Rick has lost it!

coolmom have fun! I want to eat all the food you're going to get to have!

ok, I am retaining too much water...vodka did it. as usual. need to drop 4 pounds of it. BOO. I'm going to ride after work, hopefully at least 16 miles, but 20 if DH goes with me.

B - belvita
S - hard boiled egg
L - subway
D - leftovers: chicken tikka masal and lemon infused basmati from Costco

hopefully that will be ALL. maybe a snack before the ride, though.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #380  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes on the job front.

No change today in weight.

For breakfast, I had sardines, anchovies and smoked mussels.

For lunch I had fish and salad.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and ran 4 miles before lunch.

I have finally kicked the Monday blues. I get them so bad.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #381  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

so I just got my Subway sammich...yum! it was a Subway club, which is roast beef, turkey, and black forest ham. I picked wheat bread and lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, cilantro, green peppers, and peperoncinis. YUM! 310 calories, not bad - and I got a free one for tomorrow
Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Hi everyone! I'm back again after falling off the wagon, but here I am, Day 5 and doing well!
I'm on spring break from college for the rest of this week, so I've been using a stocked fridge, good kitchen, and gym membership to my advantage. I've been eating pretty healthily- lots of veggies and fruits, and have been working out everyday for at least a half hour, usually more though.
I'm also trying to tone my muscles by doing squats, crunches, push-ups (I'm really bad at these), planks, and lunges more often.

I've lost one whole pound since getting to my parents' last monday Which means I am not at around 173. The last day of the semester is on my birthday (17 may), so I'm going to make that my first goal at 165 lbs.

I'm super proud of how motivated I've been. I'm also going to try to quit smoking, which I feel like I often say I will do, but ever actually put in the effort. I'm hoping I can do it though. I'm taking the maximum amount of credits my school allows and also work about 20 hours a week, including on the weekends so I'm often stressed out and overtired. I really hope I don't fall back into bad habits when I get back to school. It's so easy to get home from class and make a big comfort dinner or a drink and watch a movie rather than go for a jog. I just need to keep reminding myself that working out helps concentration and productivity (I think).

Last edited by RetroRabbit; 03-23-2015 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #383  

Hi Everyone

Syckgirlsfv, your subway sandwich sounds awesome. So few calories for what it is. Sorry about that Vodka weight gain. Sometimes drinking Vodka is more important than the fluid retention that ensues in its wake

RetroRabbit, welcome back. Congrats on the pound weight loss. yayyyy. Sounds like you really are ready to lose. What I found was that once I was REALLY ready, then it was so much simpler. Honestly,it was the same with giving up cigarettes. I was ready. And that was that. I did use the patch. That was about 17 years ago.

Diana, I just googled Oxycise. How did you learn to do it? And are you seeing benefits?

Violet, thanks for the info. I have tried many blends that have Barley in it. In recent years I have used something called Dandy blend. But there have been many others I have used over the years. Just always interested in new ones. Glad you are enjoying what you use.

Today is second day of the + - 900 calorie marathon. I realized that over the months I forgot how I really diet. I was only remembering maintenance. I fell off the wagin. And forgot what I did when I was losing. Something Diana said reminded me. Or I guess I was beginning to figure it out again. So now that I remember, its up to me. I would love to get back in the groove of it all. But not yet in the groove. Groove or not, I am going for it. Second day.

Today I ate so far 340 calories. But I have not yet had dinner and snacks. So I have a long way to go. I have to convince myself not to go off this diet until I am back where I need to be. As of this AM I am down about 2 lbs (
water weight). I only need to lose 4.5 lbs to get back down to where I am comfortable. But it makes a huge difference to me. Especially when I have been gaining throughout the past few months.

I probably will post again before bed. So I have a place where I am accountable. I am walking on egg shells right now. Good thing they are low calorie
Old 03-23-2015, 09:57 PM   #384  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

hello, hello!

Sunday was 1050 calories.
E- 45 minute walk
W- 235

Quick in & out! Be well!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #385  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all, staying in a motel tonight, we camped 3 nights, this morning 43 was pretty chilly, so we decided that's it for camping this trip! It was fun.

Flower sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, that's a tough way to hear

I read everything, will get myself and my posting back on track, we should be home tomorrow night, looking forward to it.

Ian hope all works out as planned with the job.

Veil sending positive vibes your way

All this talk of under 1000 calories to lose has me shivering in my boots, I don't know if I can go that low, but as everyone says, I know some restriction will work.

Mossy best of luck, I'm close to your height as well, lowest I ever was was 137 on WW, couldn't maintain hardly, was lucky to get 6 weeks in and get lifetime, I keep threatening myself with going back, I want to go back when I'm back at goal and it's free, but not getting there. My goal weight now is 150, better get after it...again, best of luck.

Diana my last TTOM dragged on for about that long, unusual for me, was just starting to think something was wrong. I guess that's how it goes in this phase of life, bleh, hope things are going well for you, DH and Cody

Best to all
Waving Hi all around!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #386  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

Thumbs up

I'm late here, it is the 23rd and March is almost over, but I have been searching all day for this thread. Accountability.

Ok so I started again seriously on the 20th, I haven't worked out since maybe October, other than my general stuff at work (warehouse; truck loader, unloader, you name it I do it kind of stuff).

Friday 3/20 - ran 1.5 miles, walked 1.25, just getting back into it

Saturday 3/21 - I hurt so bad I couldn't move, slept all day lol

Sunday 3/22 - walked 2.25 miles, 45 mins, 175 cals; elliptical for 30 mins, 2.55 miles and 275 cals; hip abductions 120 reps each both inner and outer; tap dance 1 hour approx 325 cals (according to fitbit); total cal burn for the day: approx 775 just from exercising

I plan on checking back everyday to update, because I need the accountability.
Good luck everyone!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #387  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Veil Good job on your day.

Penny I totally agree about the downward trend. Good job on your day.

Volet Good job with the bodypump class.

Mossy Hi

Syckgirlsfv
Good luck with the water weight. Your dinner sounds awesome!

Ian I hear you on the Monday blues! I can't believe how quick the weekends are.

Retrorabbit Welcome back! Great job on the motivation!

Flower I haven't noticed any particular weight loss benefits from it. I have noticed that I wake quicker and feel better after I do it in the morning. I am not a morning person and it seems to help. I do it in the time that I am waiting to drink my coffee, due to the thyroid meds. I recently heard about a study with oxygen and tumors. Not sure if the extra oxygen from the deep breathing would help kill off or prevent tumors. But I will continue with it as long as I have the time and don't get bored to death. I made a trade on another forum for the instructional DVD, commuter CD, Level 1 and Level 2. You need the instructional DVD to learn how to do the breathing. I didn't have time to do it this morning before work, so I did the Oxycise in the Office that's on youtube.

Kelijpa Stay safe as you finish up your trip. I know little Hunter will be glad to see you.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:37 PM   #388  
Trying to live below 200

lilmonstervictoria Hi and welcome to the check-in. Great job on the fitness!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #389  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)

Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
carrot salad 100 calories
baked chicken 300 calories
green beans 100 calories
carrots 100 calories
okra and tomatoes 100 calories

Exercise:
Cardio Burst from SparkPeople's 28 Day Bootcamp
KCM's YBB Workout One w/added cardio rests w/8's & 15's
Oxycise at the Office 1, 2 & 3
Old 03-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #390  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

E: 60 crunches, some stretching.

B: 1 small bagel, 1 tbsp PB, 1 egg.
L: Corned beef, cabbage, and carrots with white rice.
S: 1 clementine, small handful of almonds.
D: 1/2 large potato, 1/2 cup broccoli, the last of that garlic white sauce I made, 1 triple oreo (those babies are intense), 1 clementine.

Last edited by Penny105; 03-23-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Closed Thread