Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2015, 05:51 PM   #1  

Default Trying to stay motivated? Here is what helps me:

Hello everyone, I am a mother of two angels who are now grown. Since I’ve turned 40 my weight has sky rocketed! I’m now almost THE BIG 50 so I am always searching for healthier choices.

Create a plan:
I know this sounds simple, but for me I was a procrastinator and once I wrote it down I felt a huge weight taken off my shoulders. I didn’t have to think about what I was going to do. I just followed my plan of ACTION. Having an exercise routine and meal plan works wonders!

Stick to it:
Now this was my biggest challenge. I was scared I would be a failure. I wrote down what I wanted to accomplish then I made a motivational board. I know it sounds corny, but it really helps me. I put stuff like cut outs of a beach and a bathing suit I would love to fit into, cute outfits I would like to buy and I also included a few pictures of fit women my age. My favorite is motivational quotes as they inspire me to do better!

Make short term and long term goals:
Long term goals are great, but I’m the type of person who needs to see results sooner than later. Short term can be as simple as losing 1-2 pounds a week. Long term is fitting into my old pair of jeans that I hid in the closet!

Health:
What motivated me 10 years ago is so different than what motivates me now. Both of my parents have already passed away. Since I have become a grandmother my outlook is different. I want to be there for my grandchildren and I don’t want to be a burden to my children as I get older. I married my high school sweetheart and we started a family early in life which means we are still young enough to enjoy traveling, hiking and just being together. Having energy to play with my grandchildren is the best thing in the world!

I started a Facebook health page to encourage and motivate others along with sharing healthy recipes and fitness tips. I truly free this is the most rewarding thing my husband and I have ever done.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you get off tract don’t beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to try again.

Hope this helps someone. I wish you the best on your journey to health and fitness.
JulieRains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

Hello Julie, well you and I are both positive proof that middle age needn't be a deterrent to weight loss. Turning 50 was a HUGE factor for me, it's never too late to get the life you truly want. I too have a sort of vision board, and I read Vogue cover to cover every month, and watch my favourite designers' collections every season ( I devour every Fashion Week as if I were 20 years old again). It's so great that I can now actually wear a few really nice pret-a-porter items, though I can't afford many, I treasure the ones I do have
PS Julianne Moore is my inspiration, she's 53 and still looks great!

Last edited by DLS1; 02-19-2015 at 11:49 PM.
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #3  

Thanks for all the good advice! It is always a great idea to set goals.
healthnut050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #4  

Thanks. Julianne Moore is a great inspiration to me also!
Old 03-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #5  

I think it's important to have small obtainable goals, such as losing 1 pound in a week, so that I am always moving forward and having a sense of accomplishment.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #6  

Thank you so much for the help with motivation! I am not a mother because I cannot have children but I still want to live healthier and happier. I have lost 1 and ¾ of an inch so far doing what I have been doing and as soon as we get moved to our new house within a week or less, I will be working out again with my exercise equipment that I have had in storage for a while now. This post really motivates me to keep doing what I am doing and even step it up a notch when and where I can. Thank you very much!
cwilson72180 is offline   Reply With Quote