Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1575 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
Chicken zoodle soup made w/chicken, chicken bone broth, zoodles, & trinity veggies 300 calories
apple 100 calories

Snack (100 calories)
I needed to eat something so I could take some more Advil. Didn't want to take it on an empty stomach. Apple 100 calories

Something to get me through (75 calories)
I was really struggling and wanted to eat anything and everything to fill up. My hormones were going crazy today. I had 3 very large mugs of decaf coffee w/small amount of 2% milk, no sugar 75 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:

Kickbox Underground w/gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-27-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

The week is off to a good start. Here's how today went, a bit too much on the sweet side but it's healthy so it's fine.

B: eggs and yellow peppers and salsa
S: Apple
L: Greek yogurt with stevia and some blueberries
S: Apple
D: chicken crock pot meal with carrots onions and cabbage. With sauerkraut.

Patting myself on the back. Had a few cravings today but resisted quite easily still. I like how on track I've been. Feels good.

Also did 20 min incline walk today on treadmill and 10-15 min of resistance training. Yay.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:53 PM   #18  

Hi All
Congratulations, Diana on having to start a new thread before the end of the month. Proves what a great thread this is. Sorry re the TOM Ah yes. I remember it well. And hard time you had today. re the smoke detector, I got confused. But now I remember. I have a hard wired one with a bettery backup. That's the one I worry about. The hardwired one w/o battery back up is easy to handle. I just turn off the circuit breaker that it runs on and ahhhh silence. The one that worries me is the battery back up one. But i can just remove the battery if it goes too wacky on me. Hoping TTOM is less disruptive on Wednesday.

Finch, Great that you can do the chocolate thing once a week and manage it that way.

Nelie. sorry you did not get your stitches out today. Soon even the inside ones will dissolve. The important thing is that you are being careful. Thats good.

ShaMac I hope today did go well for you in the diet arena. I know it is difficult.

Syckgirlsfv, good idea to call Toshiba. Fans are supposed to last longer than a year. I personally only bought a toshiba once. I didnt like their tech support ( or lack of it) But they do make a good product. Re the nix on Vegas, maybe you can convince your dh to go anyway. Tell him you will make it worth his while ??

Novangel, what kind of music does your DH's band play? Oh I just scrolled down. Got the answer. I do hope you were able to get to the gym if you really wanted to go.

Ohclementine, I admire your dedication to exercising. Is there a Jillian Michaels workout forum where you could ask someone if lunges can injure someone who is your particular weight. I would trust my instinct. But that's just me.

Ian, you are eating a fish I never heard of. Pilchards. I assume its a fish, anyway

CoolMom, yes many did have a hard time during the holidays. I just extended the holidays by 3 weeks. I set a nasty default. But yes, I am getting back to the way it needs to be. Thanks

So I wrote the first part of this on the old thread. Will repost it here. Scale this morning showed good news. Lost 1.4 lbs. So maybe this out of control trend is finally breaking. Am considering that I needed to have more protein in my diet. The good news is that I will not be going out today. No samples or chocolate. I wish I was not such a chocolate sociopath. I have little or no conscience when it comes to chocolate. I will prevail. Just hoping it will be in this lifetime

Today I ate 1,110 calories. I decided to replace one of the meals with skinless boneless ( tasteless) chicken breast and small salad of cucumber, cold cooked white cabbage, lettuce and celery with lemon juice and a tsp of toasted sesame oil. That went well. Just have to find a way to nix the chocolate cravings.

I hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday

Last edited by flower123; 01-28-2015 at 03:39 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hey everyone! I had a great eating day (and not a bad day in general, except that my aunt is in the hospital) and am feeling much more positive.

Flower--great news about the 1.4lbs! The tide is turning. Skinless, boneless, tasteless lol. You crack me up.

Sensualappeal--good job on your streak of op days! I wish I could be that consistent.

Diana--you told those hormones who is boss!

Today:148.0 up 1.8
Bowl of Cheerios with milk 200? (Failed to measure)
Random little bit of snacking while cooking:half a rice cake, a few wasabi peas, a bit of margarine (yes I ate margarine on its own lol) 60?
Approx 100g chipotle pork 110
Approx 3/4 cup mashed potatoes 160
Carrot slaw with 2 tbs mayo 130
Coffee with 4 tbs 5% cream 40
Total 700

Had not a terrible rehearsal. Back to work tomorrow.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:47 AM   #20  

Fluffy, you rock. Great news about the eating day. I hope your aunt is feeing better soon

I was googling for something and I found what I hope will be helpful for me. It is exactly what I was hoping to find. I do not know if anyone here is interested. I wanted to find an EFT aka Meridian tapping video on managing cavings with EFT. I found one done by someone who is respected in the field of EFT. There are many who have been around longer. But she knows her stuff. So if anyone is interested in watching the youtube video of her talking about and demonstrating tapping for food cravings, let me know.... if you want. And as an added bonus for me, the food she used while tapping was.... drum roll please, chocolate. But she said we should substitute whatever food is challenging to us at the moment.

I do not know if it is allowed to put up a link to a youtube video. If it is, then maybe Diana can let me know. Even if it was okay, I would not post it unless people are interested. For many years I have been impressed with stories about how well EFT/"tapping" can work to help with many things from health to, well... cravings and much more. So I am going to do the tapping many times a day. Hopefully it will make a difference.... I hope. She does mention at the end her weight loss EFT tapping program. But the video is from 2012. That program ship sailed a long time ago. So no promotions that are current. Just the free video online.

Last edited by flower123; 01-28-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #21  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, wow am I behind, had a couple days of snow and tire issues. So, now will have to buy tires, boo hoo, sidewall has a tiny slice, they're not brand new, so not crying too much

Had a fast-ish day yesterday and had a nice drop, 162.2 this morning, DH wants to make beanies and weenies tonight, so 162 we'll see you again next month hopefully oatmeal was delicious this morning, I mostly ate yogurt yesterday...

B- Quaker steel cut oats w/blueberries and cranberries, added cashew milk, sunflower nuts and raisins
L- romaine, 5 bean salad, garlic stuffed olives, marinated mushrooms and balsamic
S- banana, orange, yogurt
D- b&w
E- walk, ex. Bike yoga

Hope everyone has a great day, going back to catch up!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #22  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Morning all! Another busy day

I had an opening in my work schedule yesterday and called to see if the doc could take out my stitches and they had an opening so no more external stitches! I still have to be a bit more careful but glad they are gone.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #23  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Feeling much better this morning and slept a lot better once the Advil kicked in. Another lesson learned. Yesterday AM I took Aleve. I wanted to use up the bottle (and not replace). There is a reason why I still have some left in the bottle. It doesn't work for me! My TTOM cramping has seemed worse more recently. I guess it's just part of the process. Will be taking Advil again today.

Last night I added on: Restore and Rejuvenate from Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief
This Morning: Oxycise Level 1

Calories for yesterday 1575 +
Weigh In: 170 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Flower I have heard of the EFT method before from the Mercola site. I am signed up for his newsletter. Please give it a try and let us know what you think and how it works for you. I tried to follow a video via youtube and I started getting ADD. I was trying to follow along but my mind kept drifting around so I couldn't focus on it and never tried again. All I could think about was trying to pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time. It totally wasn't working for me. I don't think there's an issue with posting a link.

Have a wonderful day

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-28-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #24  

Flower--I tried EFT for anxiety and it didn't seem to do much for me. Maybe it's worth another shot though as my anxiety was pretty extreme at the time.

Diana--glad you're feeling better! Good to know what works.

Nelie--yay on the stiches!

Kelijpa--congrats on the drop! Now you have room for beanies and weenies. Lol.

Yesterday:950 cals
This morning:146.4 down 1.6!
Today:coffee with cream 50
Low cal juice 15

Gotta go to work!
Old 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #25  

Hi everyone
Kelijpa, congrats on the weight loss. Planned dinner sounds good.
Nelie, great that you got those stiches out. Progress. Soon you will not have to be as careful, as you continue to heal. But glad you are continuing to be careful during this time.
Diana, I have tried EFT for years. So I am so familiar with the tapping points that it is comfortable for me to do. I have more of a problem knowing the right thing to say.
Fluffy, Yay re: the 1.6 loss. You go girl !!! I think sometimes EFT can be done alone. If someone knows how to do it. other times it might take working with a practitioner who really knows what they are doing. The whole "peeling the onion" thing to gradually work on the deeper layers while tappig. I have never done this. I have never worked with a skilled EFT practioner. But i think I can have some success with food cravings. I do not know. So I think for some conditions it probably is a process that takes time. I dont know. But thats my impression, from what I have heard. I too grapple with anxiety.

This morning weigh in I lost anoter .4 lb. So total 7 day loss is 4.4. THEN I went out and did not resist temptation to buy 2 very hard crust awesome rolls. They were small and very light weight, but oh so tough and chewy. I ate one with butter and the other with fruity oilive oil. Then I had a bag of popchips with cheese. Then cocoa powder cooked with cashew milk, toasted sesame oil and kraft caramels to slightly sweeten. Turned out to be a runny sauce when cooled. I ate it plain. It was about a half cup.

I think this losing thing may end up being 4 lbs forward and 3 lbs back. Until I can figure out how to kick the sugar habbit again. I am disgusted. But I did make the decision to eat all of this. Back on course for the rest of the day. I will get back to goal weight. But I am more concerned about kicking the sugar habbit. Sugar is the gateway to cravings for other foods for me.

Hoping you have a great day !

Last edited by flower123; 01-28-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM   #26  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Coolmom, shamac, diana, and flower - I guess it won't kill me if I don't get to go next week...we are still booked for June. BUT, this morning he said he probably will want to go. He wants to talk to the owner of the company and everything first and if all is well then he says we'll go. ARGH! I can't stand it! This kind of thing makes me nuts I'm just going to wait and see what he decides - I didn't cancel the reservations when he asked me to because I kind of knew he may change his mind once he calmed down, and today he's getting sales and doing great. He also got to go to the strip for a buffet at Caesars Palace last night with the guy he used to work with who is also there, and they went and played some black jack at the Hard Rock, too. We'll see what happens. I won't get my hopes up!

B - baked potato w/cottage cheese
L - I only ate half of my salmon patty because it didn't reheat well so I only got that and green beans. BOO.
S - trek mix
D - another dinner without DH (coming home late tonight) so I don't know what I'll fix yet.

going to ride my bike 11 miles after work, maybe more.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #27  

Height: 5"6

This is the fourth post that has randomly disappeared (TOTALLY) due to my exhaustion in mistakes).

In short, I have worked 12 hours overtime in the past.... two days? I had flu and tom and then chicken fingers, in that order.

im gonna go run because I've been in my head so long- time to listen to my body!

Thinking of you all!

omg so tired. PS COOL MOM YOUR PICS ARE AMAZING. IM CALLING YOU FOXYMOM NOW!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #28  

Flower--you are right. Maybe you can't always get all the benefits of EFT when you just try to teach yourself. I hope it is helpful for you. I may look for a video myself but if you could post the one you found helpful that would be great. What happened with your other online friend and the sugar cravings anonymous meetings?

Syckgirlsfv--ah it sucks to be up in the air. Good thinking on not cancelling the reservation right away. I hope your husband comes home happier.

Tonight as I was coming home from work my brother called and invited me over for dinner. He made cheese broccoli soup. I was being cautious cuz I remembered from the last time he made it that he said it had a butt load of heavy cream. I asked him about it and he said it was a vegetable broth base with a cup and a half of cream per six servings. So that's a quarter cup per serving. I had half a serving, that's an eighth of a cup. Plus cheese. I am estimating 400 cals to be safe. It was delicious and the company was nice but it came at a price. I think I am at 775 right now.

Had a 300 cal out of control moment at dog pill/bedtime AGAIN last night. I am trying to figure out how to beat this.
1. No eating standing up
2. Calculate calorie total after chosen snack BEFORE consuming
3. DO NOT enter kitchen unless the snack I have in mind is on plan and doesn't have an "I don't care, whatever" feel
4. Come to 3FC when I wake from my cat nap before going to the kitchen for dog pill

I plan to start a "binge delaying" thread in Chicks in Control that I can post in before I go to the kitchen for dog pill.

I realized today that I started reboot on Nov 27 and at the two month point I have lost 14lbs! Even with all the up and down and back and forth so not bad!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #29  

Northern--we were simulposting. Holy cow on the hours! New semester overdrive? How was the run?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #30  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

No change today at 172.4lbs.

Breakfast was sardines, smoked oysters and oats.

Lunch was salmon, mussels, smoked oysters and squid.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and ran 4.5 miles before lunch.

Flower, I picked the pilchards up in the UK. They are like sardines.

http://www.pilchardworks.co.uk/

Diana, I do like boxing a lot. It helps me mix up my exercise routine. I am not sure I could do it every day, but 2-3 times a week is great.

Last edited by IanG; 01-28-2015 at 08:06 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote