Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Question Hubby Having Trouble

HELP! My husband needs to lose weight. He works days (12 hours per day) so his weight loss has plateaued after only 20 pounds. Also he does not like to eat breakfast. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
graceey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5"6

You've come to the right place! Everyone here has different ideas and strategies about what works hopefully we can help you find one that suits his needs!

What works best for me personally is calorie counting. Depending on your hubby's job, you COULD (no judgment- just an idea!) consider finding a calorie range for him and pack his food for the day. If he has 12 hour days, having his lunch and dinner mostly planned for might help.

Other things could be trying to eat breakfast, increasing water intake or increasing physical activity.

Lots of choices!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #3  
Rain on the Beach

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
Other things could be trying to eat breakfast, increasing water intake or increasing physical activity.
Water intake in particular could be the culprit. If he's not getting his 8 glasses a day, his body may be retaining water and causing him to plateau. Also, I find that water fills me up when I'm drinking a lot of it, which makes me eat less naturally.

If counting calories alone hasn't helped, he may want to cut down on his consumption of sugar/refined carbohydrates (such as pastas, breads and rice) and that might help him get back on track.
Lluvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

What's his day like? What's he eating? And exercise? Sometimes eating more calories for a couple of days, then being more restrictive will break a stall. sometimes increasing exercise time or intensity helps. sometimes more water. sometimes more protein [especially for men]

the body gets used to a certain schedule of food and exercise, and what SHOULD be working [and what worked in the past] needs to be changed.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote