Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Does cellulite ever go away??

I have seen perfectly healthy/fit individuals with cellulite and I have so much! and Its new! I used to never have it. And i dont know how to deal. It's all over my thighs. I am really starting to hate my body again and its breaking my heart. I know its really important to stay positive and its just a body, it doest compare to my inner value, and i can always work on it, but it still really depresses me everytime I see it.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:57 AM   #2  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

If you lose weight it will go away, but you might have to lose a lot. At 130 lbs, I had cellulite on my tush. I'm 121 and it's better but not perfect. I'm 35/24/35 so hourglass and the fat goes on my hips and backside, so some of it might be genetics and your body shape. I'll let you know when it goes away! I might try to lose another few lbs and see what happens. Also, weight training and cardio help with fat loss.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/208/190

Height: 6' 6"

Default Cellulite is Tricky

Cellulite is tricky because more fat under the skin makes cellulite more apparent, but so does loose skin.

In women, bands called septae attached to fat pull straight down, making dimples. (On men the septae pull at an angle, making cellulite less visible.) Women generally have thinner skin than men, so these dimples are even more easily seen.

So while I know no cure or conclusive answer, healthy, elastic skin covering less fat is probably the best anyone can do to minimize the appearance of cellulite.
Keith Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote