3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Me vs. Bridesmaid Dress (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/298966-me-vs-bridesmaid-dress.html)

StaceyDanielle 09-02-2014 03:25 AM

Me vs. Bridesmaid Dress

I've been up and down on this weight loss journey (mostly up in weight, down in motivation)! So, about 6 months ago, my sister and I go to David's Bridal to pick dresses for her bridesmaids. (She's getting married Nov 15:carrot: ) She decided on a cute, short sleeveless one. I try on the dress and I can fit comfortably into a 16. I'm not happy with this size, but it is what it is. Well...... it was what it was because fast forward to last week when I go back to order my dress...... I try on the same size 16, and it is
TIGHT! My boobs are being squished and I can just get in enough air not to pop the zipper. I try on an 18 and it is slightly too big. The consultant tries to convince me to get the 18, but that was not happening, especially since I have no plans to get alterations.

So long story short, I ordered the 16...... Now that is some motivation that I have no choice but to act on! I'm the Maid of Honor and my sister will KILL me if I cannot fit into this dress! I am hoping that this motivation will continue after the wedding and take me to my goal. I'll keep y'all posted!

Palestrina 09-02-2014 08:09 AM

It sounds more like an ultimatum than motivation to me. You really have no choice here. The number one factor is that you need to be able to put on the dress and zip it up and then of course it would be nice to be able to breathe too, right? This is not the most ideal circumstances to make you feel good about yourself but you can work it. You've got plenty of time to make a few tweaks.

The most important thing that you can do is to put the dress out of your mind for a while and focus on being healthy for you. Don't keep reminding yourself of the dress, it will just stress you out and stress is a major factor in weight gain as we all know.

For a quick weightloss I would just focus on avoiding sweets and walking every day. Invest in some good spanx and you should be fine.

Olivia7906 09-02-2014 09:28 AM

Girrrrrl, I was right where you were this past May when my brother got married and I was a bridesmaid in his wedding lol. I ordered the dress a year in advance and when it came? There was no getting my body in that dress as I had gained a good amount of weight. And yes, my sister-in-law would have killed me had I backed out for not being able to fit the dress lol. What I DID do, to alleviate stress on me was order a bigger size and had it rush delivered so I wouldn't have to worry about not fitting into the smaller dress when the time came. So I went about my weight loss as I normally would with no stress. And you know what? I fit that smaller dress when the time came! I was shocked! But I did it, and so will YOU! Just no stress lol! Keep us posted!! :)

nonameslob 09-02-2014 09:51 AM

What a stressful time. I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes, but I am happy to cheer your on as you work towards your goals!!! You can do this!

freelancemomma 09-02-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivia7906 (Post 5063934)
What I DID do, to alleviate stress on me was order a bigger size and had it rush delivered so I wouldn't have to worry about not fitting into the smaller dress when the time came.

So you paid for a whole extra dress?

F.

Olivia7906 09-03-2014 08:21 AM

I sure did, freelancemomma.....all for NOTHING lol! A wasted $400. I gave the bigger dress to my sister-in-law. SUCKS! :D

pixelllate 09-04-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivia7906 (Post 5064457)
I sure did, freelancemomma.....all for NOTHING lol! A wasted $400. I gave the bigger dress to my sister-in-law. SUCKS! :D

I did that stuff ALL the time. I don't have the financial means to do so, yet when it came to weight, it was like money = water. Not as bad about that anymore, but man somehow I would just blank out with $ when it comes to weight. Esp when I think it will give me "incentive"

OP I know the feeling and we all know in the back of our mind, if we need to get that larger size, we will because what choice will we have? Not against your choice, it could be a great motivator since it will be a big price to pay :)

1Bluerose68 09-04-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaceyDanielle (Post 5063833)
I've been up and down on this weight loss journey (mostly up in weight, down in motivation)! So, about 6 months ago, my sister and I go to David's Bridal to pick dresses for her bridesmaids. (She's getting married Nov 15:carrot: ) She decided on a cute, short sleeveless one. I try on the dress and I can fit comfortably into a 16. I'm not happy with this size, but it is what it is. Well...... it was what it was because fast forward to last week when I go back to order my dress...... I try on the same size 16, and it is
TIGHT! My boobs are being squished and I can just get in enough air not to pop the zipper. I try on an 18 and it is slightly too big. The consultant tries to convince me to get the 18, but that was not happening, especially since I have no plans to get alterations.

So long story short, I ordered the 16...... Now that is some motivation that I have no choice but to act on! I'm the Maid of Honor and my sister will KILL me if I cannot fit into this dress! I am hoping that this motivation will continue after the wedding and take me to my goal. I'll keep y'all posted!

Do your arms fit into the sleeves ok? Because if worst came to worst you could have the 16 alterated and elastic could be placed in the back of the dress area where the waist inches have increased. Or is it your bust area as well? Then its really about human growth and you just may have to plan ahead for the bigger size, or not wear that dress at all? Be realistic and stay healthy too???

LiannaKole 09-04-2014 09:40 PM

I totally know people who thrive on that kind of motivation. I have a friend who was recently in a wedding, and she ordered a dress two sizes small on purpose. She then lost the weight (watching her food, exercising) and fit into the dress perfectly by the big day. She's done that at least twice that I know of.

StaceyDanielle 09-08-2014 12:10 AM

Thanks for everyone's tips and advice. I picked up the dress yesterday. I'm going to wait until the end of the month to try it on.

shcirerf 09-09-2014 11:31 PM

The difference between a 16 and an 18 is about 8-10 pounds. You have time, to sensibly lose that small amount, without, a ton of stress, or crash dieting.:carrot:

A few small tweaks and changes, and it's all good!:hug: