3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Back from holiday.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/298946-back-holiday.html)

cheddahcat 09-01-2014 02:54 PM

Back from holiday....

It's good to be back! Loved my 2 week holiday back home in the states, Boston to be exact. BUT I didn't behave with food. My fault. I did keep up the running in the c25k app while there, my good. I'd like to think that I would have more of a gain if I didn't. So, I put on 7 pounds!!! :tantrum: again I only have myself to blame. We came back sat am after a 8 hr red eye flight. And started back on my healthy lifestyle that day. Calorie counting resumed. And I have to say , I'm happy for that structure. I need it and I thrive on it. I did a run today, first day since back. Today is the first day I don't feel poorly with the jet lag so much. I completed my 3k runner badge (20 min run) with no walks. So I'm pretty happy with that. Will go back to my daily weigh ins. Some say you shouldn't, but it keeps me in line. I'm 6pounds over onderland and not changing my ticker. I will get past it and continue to lose. My friends and family couldn't believe the weight loss difference and that gave me a confidence boost that I needed. Can't wait to show them anther 45+ lb loss more in the future. I'm angry at myself for the lack of discipline but as I said I'm to blame. My big girl panties are on, manning up and doing this again. :carrot:

Mountain Mamma 09-01-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheddahcat (Post 5063518)
It's good to be back! Loved my 2 week holiday back home in the states, Boston to be exact. BUT I didn't behave with food. My fault. I did keep up the running in the c25k app while there, my good. I'd like to think that I would have more of a gain if I didn't. So, I put on 7 pounds!!! :tantrum: again I only have myself to blame. We came back sat am after a 8 hr red eye flight. And started back on my healthy lifestyle that day. Calorie counting resumed. And I have to say , I'm happy for that structure. I need it and I thrive on it. I did a run today, first day since back. Today is the first day I don't feel poorly with the jet lag so much. I completed my 3k runner badge (20 min run) with no walks. So I'm pretty happy with that. Will go back to my daily weigh ins. Some say you shouldn't, but it keeps me in line. I'm 6pounds over onderland and not changing my ticker. I will get past it and continue to lose. My friends and family couldn't believe the weight loss difference and that gave me a confidence boost that I needed. Can't wait to show them anther 45+ lb loss more in the future. I'm angry at myself for the lack of discipline but as I said I'm to blame. My big girl panties are on, manning up and doing this again. :carrot:

We've all been there, don't be so hard on yourself, especially since you kept up with the running even while on vacation!!! The important thing is that you're back on plan!

luckymommy 09-01-2014 03:21 PM

I agree with Mountain Mamma, you're being so hard on yourself, but I do the same thing. You had a great vacation and you indulged but you still worked out and you're jumping right back into the routine that works for you, so that's all great stuff.

Keep in mind that much of that 7 lbs. is probably water weight. Whenever I travel, it takes me a few days to get rid of the water retention. Drink lots of water.

I don't have a problem with daily weigh ins, as long as I don't find them discouraging. I usually weigh daily but if I see it's causing me more harm than good, I'll end up taking a little break.

Keep up the great work! You're doing awesome.

cheddahcat 09-05-2014 04:14 AM

Thanks!! Yes I'm back to my normal exercise and running routine. Think some of the weight was high salt/ water weight. My ankles were "pregnant" swollen!! I actually gained 11 pounds!! :eek: but lost 6 pounds since back. Think losing water AND a whoosh .. :D

Palestrina 09-05-2014 08:55 AM

Omg I love Boston, we try to go every couple of years in October. Did you eat clam chowder? Did you go to Salem, I love it there! Do tell!!!

Don't fret the pounds, they were well worth it! Most of it is water weight and they'll come off as quickly as you put them on.

cheddahcat 09-06-2014 01:54 AM

Too funny wannabe skinny!!:lol: I am born and raised Salem. I put boston because everyone seems to know that City, Salem?, well not so much lol clan chowdah yes , lobstah ye, steamers haddock you name it and let's not forget dunkin donuts iced :coffee: hence the weight gain. But I'm almost back to original pre-holiday weight. So happy to hear someone visits both the city and Salem! I've been to ny half a dozen time, mostly to NYC. Love walking around, shopping and site seeing. Great city too! :hug:

Palestrina 09-06-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheddahcat (Post 5066003)
Too funny wannabe skinny!!:lol: I am born and raised Salem. I put boston because everyone seems to know that City, Salem?, well not so much lol clan chowdah yes , lobstah ye, steamers haddock you name it and let's not forget dunkin donuts iced :coffee: hence the weight gain. But I'm almost back to original pre-holiday weight. So happy to hear someone visits both the city and Salem! I've been to ny half a dozen time, mostly to NYC. Love walking around, shopping and site seeing. Great city too! :hug:

Ah ok, you were visiting home then. Yes I love Salem, especially around Halloween, we've been there around Halloween time and it's UHMazing! And I love Boston too, Finagle-a-Bagel, Boston Cream pie, awesome corn bread and seafood!