Hasimotos and Weightloss Hardships - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/267/160

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Hasimotos and Weightloss Hardships

Ive been trying to lose weight for about 2 years now. Last year I was hit with a diagnosis of Hasimotos Disease...

Im wondering if anyone has any tips on how I can get the pounds off!!

Im getting tired and I want to just give up but I know I cant stop...

Any help is welcome!
miraquefancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

First of all, I'd like to send you some . I also apologize, but I don't know anything about Hashimoto's. I do have a problem with chronic daily migraines, so I know a little something about health challenges.

I would recommend counting calories and doing some exercise, although the exercise is not necessary for weight loss. Consider cutting out foods that you struggle to eat in a manageable way. I have cut out all foods that contain sugar and flour because after 33 years (I'm almost 44) of eating them in excess, I came to the realization that they cause me a great deal of harm. Everyone is different, so make a list of foods that you just can't eat moderately and make a decision to stop eating them forever.

If you drink any of your calories, I would strongly advise to avoid doing so. I make sure to include protein and fiber every time I eat. I also only eat 3 meals and 1 snack a day and I decide in advance (the day before) what I will be eating that day. I actually write it down because I can't seem to make good decisions when I'm hungry.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you find any of this helpful. If you would like to chat further, please feel free to send me a private message.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Hello I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis too! Diagnosed in 2006 and been on levothyroxine. This is first time my thyroid levels are ok. Usually the telltale up /down. Not sure why but I take my meds religiously. I have lost 44 pounds now. I calorie count and run a few times a week with c25k app. It's a lot of work to lose weight and I think those of us with this thyroid disorder struggle. I cut out all white too. White rice sugar pasta and bread. I'm on a low glycemic / carb diet. Are you having your levels checked regularly ? Are you on meds? It does sap your energy BUT only when your thyroid levels aren't controlled. It also makes your joints hurt, skin itchy and hair brittle and thin as long as it's not being controlled. I hope you are with a doctor on this. If you don't control it your heart can be affected too and migraines are common also. Take care of yourself. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them

Last edited by cheddahcat; 08-08-2014 at 04:33 PM.
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote