3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Health concerns (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/298409-health-concerns.html)

LesMillsLuvr 08-13-2014 09:31 PM

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but if they only do the TSH, that's what I have checked regularly and I'm good if I test in the 1.0 to 4.0 range. When I was first diagnosed, I tested at over 8 but now with my daily pill I'm consistently 1.2ish to 1.4ish.

SaladChomper 08-14-2014 03:20 AM

You are lacking nutrition. Our body needs 114 nutrients everyday. Are you getting enough protein? How much water are you drinking a day? Are you sure your calorie intake is sufficient for your weight? As far as your plateau, your metabolism may be a factor. How nany times a day are you eating?

fadedbluejeans 08-14-2014 07:51 AM

For what it worth, it is important to have triglycerides and cholesterol checked when trying to diagnose the symptoms listed. High triglycerides often coincide with diabetes, for instance. Different ratios of total cholesterol vs. HDL vs LDL can coincide with different types of thyroid issues and/or adrenal problems. Just throwing that out there.

Claygirl1518 08-14-2014 08:35 AM

SaladChomper- I think I'm getting proper nutrition but here is what I ate yesterday in case I'm wrong:

9 am breakfast 172 cals
-Homemade protein bar (oats, ground almonds, coconut, coconut oil, cranberries, whey protein powder)
-Women's most complete multivitamin

11:45 snack 232 cals
-another protein bar and a 60 cal pudding snack

2pm southwest salad 347 cals
-2 cups lettuce
-4 oz chicken
-.2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
-tortilla strips
-mango chipotle dressing

4:30 snack 129 cals
- light and fit greek yogurt with 56 grams of banana on top

6:30 Dinner Korean style ground turkey and cauliflower rice 331 cals
-1 cup ground turkey
-3/4 cup cauliflower rice

8pm dessert mango popsicle 60 calories.

That's a total of 1295 calories for the day. I think it's a good amount of protein, healthy carbs and fats for the day for trying to lose at least a lb a week, but again I could be wrong. I up my calories to 1500-1600 one day a week and I drink 105 ounces of water a day using the plant nanny app (cute!).

fadedbluejeans- exactly what you said. I'm also getting mine checked because apparently I have a history, but that just makes getting in checked along with the symptoms I'm having even more important.

Wannabehealthy 08-15-2014 11:00 AM

The only thing I would suggest is that you get more green vegetables...lettuce has little or no nutritional value, but that would not be causing the problems you are having. You are taking a vitamin tablet which would balance things out. There is something further going on and I hope it's something than can be easily fixed.

Have you ever tried romaine instead of regular lettuce? It is very similar but has more nutrition.

Claygirl1518 09-03-2014 07:12 PM

Well, it turns out I have high cholesterol and very low vitamin d. I'm still waiting for the actual tsh test results, not sure about that yet, hopefully it's fine.

I'm feeling incredibly stressed right now because I just got a bill for the lab work for $800. I'm in total shock. This has now put even more stress on us at home. We already are struggling money wise right now. We were fine until our property taxes got messed up (paperwork was "lost" and we were taxed on our house as if it was a vacation home, not our primary residence). That means we now owe $4000, plus this $800, I just feel like my head might explode.