Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #16  

I love sugar peas for munching because they don't need to be cut up. If you live near a Trader Joe's, they have really good ones.
KarenMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I bought one of those 1 lb dark chocolate bars and some seeds and dried fruit from Trader Joe's. I chose fruit that had minimal sugar or other stuff added. I created my own mix, figured out the calories, and packaged my mix in those little snack bags. These live in the freezer and are great for grab and go. Each bag contains 200 calories. That little hit of two of dark chocolate in each snack really does it for me. LOL!

Trader Joe's also has some snack crackers that I really like. I am posting a link because it is important that you get exactly this. They have others that look the same, but have more calories. I love these with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese or to dip. These come in cracker size and in mini size.
http://www.goodguide.com/products/26...nal-multigrain

Here is a roasted red pepper dip that I particularly like. I think the crackers they refer to might be the Trader Joe ones. I freeze this in portion sizes.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roas...0000001571422/
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Why do you need snacks?

Are your meals not keeping you full long enough?

Are you eating out of boredom or habit or because the food is there?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

To John P and Seagirl's point, I grew up in the 40s and 50s. W didn't snack like we do now. When we went on road trips, my mother packed a picnic and we stopped along the side of the road and ate it - potato salad, deviled eggs, sandwiches with lettuce and mayo and maybe leftover roast or ham. Yum!! Sometimes there was a table, other times we spread a blanket. I know, "how quaint" you are thinking. LOL. Were we practicing intermittent fasting?

We didn't eat in front of the tv because we didn't have one. Even after we got one, we ate at the table and watched tv later. We just didn't sit in front of the tv eating like we do now. It's not that we were so "pure" we didn't approve of eating at the tv. We just hadn't thought of the possibility yet.

We didn't choose a car based on the number and size of the drink cups! This is actually an issue with me and my DH, although we don't drink high calorie stuff. We live in a very hot climate and need to stay hydrated.

Anyway, somehow we survived without snacks and other constant eating. No wonder so many of us are on the "chubby" side. I know I seem to think I won't survive if I have to go a few hours without food.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I like snacks, but basically all of my meals are "snacks." A piece of fruit or veggies with some kind of dip are my snacks that I pack with work, but my breakfast and lunch are also around the same amount of calories as my snacks, so a cup of soup or a veggie egg white scramble or mini quiche could also be considered a snack to some.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

On days when I really need something a little bit sweet, I like to make a strawberry cucumber salad. Just chop them both up into small pieces (I slice my cucumbers, then cut each slice into fourths) and add a little bit of honey or agave nectar mixed with white wine vinaigrette. It's low cal and light, but sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote