3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Sugar addiction? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/297838-sugar-addiction.html)

Rose426 07-15-2014 08:45 PM

Sugar addiction?

I had a baby in 2011 and gained 32 pounds and within 9 months lost over 50 pounds. I was in great shape and felt so good! Then we got pregnant with my now 2 month old daughter in 2013. I ate crappy and gained about 60 pounds! I ended up getting preeclampsia which made me gain more weight. I was finally able to lose weight once I was readmitted to the hospital I lost over 20 pounds just in fluid. Now I'm having a tough time losing the last 40 pounds. I got so used to eating whatever I wanted it's so tough! I'm not longer breastfeeding so I want to start dieting. I had success calorie counting in the past and doing the special k diet. I find myself sneaking 3 bags of cookie during my shift at work from the vending machine. I am embaressed at how much junk food I eat. I eat at least 1 pack of cookies a day maybe at least 1,000 calories in cookies. I am ashamed and idk why I do it. Sometimes I will be bored and other times I crave sugar or something sweet. My weakness is cookies! Every morning I get my coffee loaded with sugar and a glazed donut which also needs to stop. I need help this has gotten out of control. Any tips on getting back on track? I keep losing and regaining the same 10 pounds. I don't think I can handle any sugar at all I have no self control.

luckymommy 07-15-2014 08:52 PM

I can't tell you if you're addicted or not...that's for you to decide. It took me many years to figure out that I'm not only addicted to sugar, but also to flour. I simply cannot eat those foods in moderation. I have been sugar/flour free for more than 3 months and my life is SO much better. (I've said this before on this site:) I used to think that a life without sugar/flour wasn't worth living, but now I realize that the life I"m living now is worth living. Those substances made me obsessed with food and now, I'm so much better. I won't say that it's all easy because it's not. However, it's manageable and that's all I can ask for. If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to send me a private message. I wish you all the best.

moonkissed 07-16-2014 07:28 AM

Maybe plan a yummy healthy breakfast every morning so u have a better reason to skip the doughnut? And you could bring healthy snacks to work that u can turn to whenever u feel the urge to eat cookies?

It is not easy. But you can do it!
:dust:

Serenity100 07-16-2014 12:09 PM

I know there is a thread debating if sugar is a real addiction or not. I do know that for myself if I eat sugar it causes me to crave more and more sugar. From my perspective, caused by the spike in my bloodstream. If I don't eat sugar to begin with, I don't have this issue.

Yogini99 07-16-2014 12:20 PM

I agree with Serenity. If I eat sugar, I only want more of it. Same thing with flour for me....