Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Default Anyone have tips for the last few pounds?

I'm down to the wire, nearly. Ugh. My original goal was 130 and I'm at 133 now, but I think I may want to go down a little more even, like towards 125. I guess I probably won't know till I get there. But I think I'm within ten pounds of where I want to be. I've been bouncing between 133 and 135 for about three weeks now, though, and I'd like to get serious again. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice that applies more to those last ten pounds or is it just a keep on keeping on kinda thing?

One thing I'm wondering, too, is if others have felt like exercise makes more of a difference at this point than earlier. When I was still heavy, I felt that, if anything, exercise slowed my losses down. Now I'm feeling like that might not be the case, but not sure.

Also, how do you account for the skin??? Like, I have this pooch on my belly that is really the thing I want to get rid of, but I have no idea how much of it is just skin and if there's really fat under there that I can lose. Is there any way to know?

Last edited by rubidoux; 07-06-2014 at 03:04 PM.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You're almost there! Nothing holding you back now. Advice? I got none, I've never been that close to goal so I don't know. I would just say make sure you're enjoying the benefits of how much weight you've list already. Numbers are arbitrary after all and sometimes we get carried away with meeting goals that we don't know how to enjoy it when we get there except by making more goals.

Only a doctor would be able to tell you if the loose skin is something he can help you with surgically.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #3  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

No advice but I will say
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Without more specific data it's impossible to give detailed advice but in general I would say if it's not broken don't fix it. If what you are doing is still working than keep doing it.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #5  
Warrior Princess

Jogging got rid of the last 10 vanity pounds for me.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #6  

Thanks, you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
You're almost there! Nothing holding you back now. Advice? I got none, I've never been that close to goal so I don't know. I would just say make sure you're enjoying the benefits of how much weight you've list already. Numbers are arbitrary after all and sometimes we get carried away with meeting goals that we don't know how to enjoy it when we get there except by making more goals.

Only a doctor would be able to tell you if the loose skin is something he can help you with surgically.
I cannot even tell you how much I'm enjoying it! Last night I went dancing and did the most insane cardio-heavy dancing and tired out my obscenely hot 27 year old partner (I'm 44!). So, so fun! And I was thinking the whole time how awesome it feels to be able to jump up and down like that for 20 minutes straight and have it feel good. Woot! And then wondering why is this hot young guy following me around all night! It's all good, whether or not I lose another five pounds. I do think I'd like to at least see what happens to the belly with another five, just bc I really cannot tell whether it's just skin or not, yk. I wonder if a regular GP would have some sense of how much of it is fat v. skin. I'm not planning on having any surgeries either way. It's not ideal, but it's not something that is gonna keep me up at night, yk? It does make me feel like I need to find someone my own age who looks a little less like a Calvin Klein underwear model, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Jogging got rid of the last 10 vanity pounds for me.
I'm scared of jogging! I'm worried about injuries, especially shin splints bc I've had issues in the past. When I was younger I always managed to get injured running. And it seems like it would only be more risky as I get older. Right now I do pretty intense walking (fast and a lot of hills) and I do sprints during my walks and those are pretty intense.

Yesterday I tried pilates for the first time in about 15 years and I was thinking it would be so much easier than the last time bc I have some pretty impressive ab muscles under that belly now, but OMG!!! It was sooooo hard! And now I'm really sore! So, obviously, that's moving into the rotation.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

The last few pounds suck.

Weight training can do WONDERS for the stomach, but unless you're like under 20% body fat or have a large/pear frame, you'll probably have some belly fat (and skin).
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
The last few pounds suck.

Weight training can do WONDERS for the stomach, but unless you're like under 20% body fat or have a large/pear frame, you'll probably have some belly fat (and skin).
True! I am telling myself it's ok to lose them *very* slowly, though, since I'm feeling pretty good as is. Today I was 132.8! lol Every little bit counts at this point.

Are you basing that on my BMI? I am pear shaped w a lot of my weight in my butt/thighs but, even though I do have some serious muscle now, I very much doubt that I'm as low as 20% body fat. I think there is still at least a little extra fat under that skin. The only way to know other than a professional opinion is to lose a few pounds, I think.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #9  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

i read that fasting can do it I fast 24 hours once a week.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #10  

I already fast 24 hours every day! My regimen is a little extreme, sadly. I think that using insulin makes it really hard for me to lose. So, I have lost most of this weight by eating very low carb, low-ish protein, high fat and only once a day, so I basically do a 24 hour fast every day already. The last ten pounds or so was lost after I added two 48 hour fasts per week, so I was only eating five meals per week. I wasn't sure that would work for me in terms of keeping it off, but so far so good! I haven't done a 48 hour fast in about a week I think and somehow was half a pound down today. I need to get my butt in gear and do a couple more of those long fasts but, even though it never feels bad to do it, I still dread it a bit.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Well, food never tastes better than when you're really hungry and actually have a decent amount to dig into - like after you've not eaten the entire day and have 1800 calories on the plate in front of you. Unfortunately for me, since I weight lift I'm not sure going the entire day (even on an off-day) won't starve my muscles for protein instead of spreading the meals out.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricon7 View Post
Well, food never tastes better than when you're really hungry and actually have a decent amount to dig into - like after you've not eaten the entire day and have 1800 calories on the plate in front of you. Unfortunately for me, since I weight lift I'm not sure going the entire day (even on an off-day) won't starve my muscles for protein instead of spreading the meals out.
Yes! One reason that I do the once a day thing is that it works better for me just in terms of being able to stick w it. I don't have to think about food all the time and I don't, so I don't obsess about it like I used to and I get one really satisfying meal. I don't eat anything like 1800 calories, though. If only! It's more like 1000, but I also have around 200 calories worth of heavy whipping cream in my coffee during the day.

I could hardly believe that I was down again this morning! Now at 131.4. I didn't do a long fast and I even cheated a little (stole half a fresh peach from my kid's plate and then had a way too big bowl of blueberries w heavy cream and some unplanned cashews!).

I can not even believe I'm a pound and a half away from my original goal. I swear I can see that my belly pooch is a little smaller today. I may not need another five pounds like I was thinking if it's mostly coming off the belly (it would be too good to be true, though!).