3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Celebrating a milestone without food (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/297348-celebrating-milestone-without-food.html)

rosesandholly 06-28-2014 11:45 AM

Celebrating a milestone without food

Hi everyone!

So I've been off the forums for a while, but weight loss is going very well. :carrot: I am excited about nearing onederland, but this leaves me with a question. How can I celebrate this milestone with my family without using food? Going out to dinner is our default celebration, and has been so for as long as I can remember. It just seems silly to celebrate weight loss by trying to put a pound or two back on! Any suggestions?

berryblondeboys 06-28-2014 11:54 AM

Go on a hike? Go to a movie? Buy something symbolic? Have a healthy picnic? Go play mini golf? Take a boat ride? There are so many possibilities!

duckyyellowfeet 06-28-2014 11:54 PM

Are there any active, fun things to do in your town? Ice skating, bowling, roller-skating, trampoline places, batting cages, etc?

Palestrina 06-29-2014 07:53 AM

Finding a celebration that doesn't not involve food is a great lesson for kids. You certainly don't want them to grow up thinking "how do I celebrate without food?" Great ideas from others, we like to I to the park, museum, movies, bowling, zoo, botanical gardens, hiking, amusement parks, shopping, there are so many things!!

kelijpa 06-29-2014 08:35 AM

Some people start a charm bracelet. You could add to at different milestones.

I still use a keychain that I got from WW years ago, it's a reminder of an accomplishment.

I like the idea of a walk with the family, you could have a healthy meal as part of your celebration, a picnic or fresh fruit salad, I totally understand the celebratory meal...

Great job thinking ahead and making a plan :sunny:

MauiKai 06-29-2014 10:29 AM

Is there a local park where you can go and swim at a lake or play soccer or whatever?

Sally Pineapple 06-29-2014 10:42 AM

Having a Spa treatment is the best reward for me and him that I can think of. We get massages and we go for the one hour deep tissue massage for every 25 pounds that we lose. At 100 pounds each and we both have to make that goal we are taking a cruise.

underanalysis 06-29-2014 10:45 AM

It's sort of food related but I recently discovered a lot of farms in my area let people come pick their own berries and other produce. You could see if there's anything like that near you and then go berry picking together. You get outside, get active, and at the end you get a sweet HEALTHY treat.

Gingerjv 06-29-2014 12:28 PM

You truly have no need to go to eat something for your celebration! go to bowling, or picnic, skating. Try something extraordinary - jump with a parachute or somthing like that;-) You will remember that day for the rest of your life if you do something you have never done before;-)

rosesandholly 06-29-2014 01:45 PM

I could go bowling but most of the other sports suggestions people have made are either a) not available in my area or b) not something I'm physically capable of (I have 2 replaced knees so I can't roller skate, much as I'd love to. Falling would just cause too much potential damage.) I like the idea of the charm bracelet or the spa treatment, though the spa thing is something I might wait till I got to my final goal for. Have to see how much it would cost.

Thank you for the great ideas, keep them coming!

seagirl 06-29-2014 04:50 PM

What do you think you might do that you can afford, physically do, and will enjoy? Also, do you actually need to do anything to "celebrate" a number on a scale? Or is losing the weight the reward in itself?

Sally Pineapple 06-29-2014 10:34 PM

Another reward that I give just to myself is when I go down a size I buy myself a pair of real fancy panties and throw away one old pair. It has kind of become a ritual for me as I say out with the old and in with the new lol.

Munchy 06-30-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattience (Post 5032808)
Sally i'd love to see you do that with the whole family.

LOL!

FeraFilia 06-30-2014 03:59 PM

Water war in the back yard!

Water balloons and water guns.

Run around. Get soaked. Have a blast.

Congrats on getting so close to Onederland!

Shannonsnail 06-30-2014 04:28 PM

Maybe the whole family can get new panties! :D