Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #16  
Viva Cristo Rey!

Well for keeping track of my weight myself, as someone else said, if I'm using the same scale and the same variables (which for me is, weigh in the morning after potty, before dressing, and before breakfast). And if I have a morning doctor's appointment I try to wait and have breakfast afterward and not drink much water even. And I request a moment to take shoes off, keys and cellphone from pockets, etc. Still no luck many times.

The scale I have I got at a thrift shop but it's in good condition and I did just put in new batteries so it should be okay. My one doctor had one just like it but then got a different kind. Today I went to another doctor, who had a large, professional-looking digital one, and did get better results there - probably because today was a crazy annoying day and I didn't eat much.

That's a great idea to take a picture of the home scale!
Skinnyminnie Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
People are hopping on and off that thing all day, everyday. My Doc made some smart @ssy comment when I told him his scale is 4p off and insisted mine is off. I weighed right before I went there in the AM.

So I went home and took this pic to show him next time. I wanted to tell him to bite me.
Lol I really like your fire!
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #18  
Get Fit Or Get Fatter

S/C/G: 160/132/121

Height: 5'7.5" (without my high bun)

Okay so I went to my appointment and the scale was 1.2 more pounds than what I had weighed at home before I went out the door. I guess it is not that bad as long as I know there is a difference. Usually it is more like plus 3lbs. The doctor didn't even notice I lost 25lbs.......RUDE! The numbers are right in his face.
justai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #19  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

The scale is a very useful tool, but it's only a tool. And as tools go, it's actually pretty bad at telling us what exactly we want to know... how much fat have I lost or gained? Instead, it tells us how much we weigh, which includes bone, fat, organs, skin, and water. Water alone can fluctuate five pounds in a short time. And each scale is calibrated a little differently.

Please don't let it get you in a funk. As others have said, so long as the general trend is downward, you're doing fine.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #20  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedancelive View Post
Lol I really like your fire!
lol Thanks. I mean my scale is dead on to the ounce so I didn't appreciate his snark. Doctors always piss me off which is why I don't work for them anymore. Too many have superiority complex.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote