300+ And Ready To Try Again...#376

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
  • Hi everyone! I don't know if you guys pay any attention to the banner ads that are on the top and bottom of the pages (usually, I don't ) but there was just one when I came on that looked wonderful when I clicked on it. Anyway, in case it doesn't come up while you're here, here's the web addy: www.chocoholicsrevenge.com It has a wonderful assortment of chocolate recipes. It lists calories, fat, carbs and WW points at a glance in the index and then the full nutrition statement appears when you click on a particular recipe. Some of the recipes look really YUMMY!

Hope you're all well.

"The sign on the door of opportunity reads 'PUSH' "
  • Good Morning everyone.
    I made it back home safe and sound. My mom is holding her own but unfortunately my sister got bad news again. She is in need of another blood transfusion. She is very depressed and I can't blame her. The cure for one illness is the cause for another. It must feel soooo hopeless for her. It breaks my heart... but there is nothing I can do to make it better for her.

I am not going to respond to anyone today. I am sick myself this morning. I feel sick to my stomach from the moment I woke up. It has not gotten any better. I have sooooo much that needs done and I just don't feel up to it physically. But I don't have a choice. The movers don't care if I am sick ... they have a schedule to keep so I have to finish this packing. I sure wish I had not procrastinated so much on some of the organizing... like family photos and paperwork. It looks like i will be moving them just as messed up as they were here.

I know there are soooo many things I need to comment on.... and I feel bad not doing so. I just don't have the time to reply to everyone and I feel bad if I only reply to one or two. HOPEFULLY .... in a week or two I will be back to normal. Please be forgiving of my not replying until then.
    If any of you plan to move within the next 3 years ... start NOW throwing away junk !!!
    There is always so much more to do than you planned. It doesn't leave any time to go shopping for curtains and decorations either. Not to mention the necessities.
  • Gooood Morning 3FC!
    Well, I guess technically, I should say good afternoon.

Well gals....vacation time is over and it's time to get back on the stick...so to speak. Like I said, I really didn't go overboard while I was on my trip, but I did allow myself to eat what I wanted and I'm feeling a little cluttered up with junk right now. I am rejoining WW on Monday and I can't wait. Well....actually I CAN wait to see what the scales say, but that's alright. It will feel really good to get back OP and get to taking care of business, know what I mean?

I have also started a journal. Yes....some of you may remember I had one before and I started out real "gung ho" with it, and then let it slide. It was kinda big though and really bulky and I couldn't carry it with me. I bought one that was medium sized. Not too big or too small. In addition to writing down everything that goes into my mouth, I am cutting out and pasting inspirational thoughts.....before and after pictures, clothes tags, AND I will let my dh and friends write in it too. I saw this in an article in Womens World and it really looked good and may just be a very good inspirational tool for me.

I carry the WW caluculator everywhere I go and it helps me keep track of points...but sometimes, even though I'm keeping track of what I'm doing, it feels too easy. I need to be more accountable for the things that I put into my mouth.

I don't have alot of time for individual replies, but I will definitely work on that tonight. I do have to say......

To joe anne: WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS GIRL! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! KEEP UP ALL THE HARD WORK!

• It's not even 2:00PM yet andI already have half a day in.

The cat brats had me up at 6:45 this morning, so since I had to feed them anyway and it was between raindrops, I'd go ahead and get an early run in (yes I am getting dedicated to this thing, but only in short intervals at a time), weigh and measure myself (it is Wednesday after all), and though no inch loss this week, I did drop three more pounds (maybe from the love life crisis? ) I could write a 'Seinfeld' type comedy about this past week alone; it'd probably be a hit because no one would ever believe it !

As we speak, Brian's search is on; I just hope he isn't getting drenched in the process. I should get a progress report later.

Joe-Congrats on that loss !

2Cute: Sorry about the bad news on your sister Hope things get better from here. Meanwhile, take care of yourself too; it sounds like you have spread yourself way too thin and are wearing yourself down.

Tina: That's the spirit! Get up, dust yourself off, and get right back where you started from! You CAN do this!

Thin: Just what I need, more chocolate. Yeahhhhh..... Thanks for the link.
  • Hi everyone!
    I didn't make it to my TOPS weigh in this morning. Woke up feeling YUCKY! I'm feeling a bit better now. I'm going to weigh in later on my own scale to get an idea of my progress.

Tina: I read that article in Woman's World too. I started a weight loss journal, but I haven't been keeping up with it. Nothing fancy, just one of those composition books (with Garfield on the cover). I'm starting fresh today. I hope journaling works for you-and I'm glad you're rejoining WW

2 Cute: Sounds like you're going through a very stressful time. I'm sorry about your Mom and your sister. Keeping check in when you can; you need a little extra love right now

Barb: I was a little confused about my blood test results, so I asked for a copy from my Dr. It seems like a high level of TSH means low function, and a low level means overly high function . Has your regular Dr. started you on meds yet? Hope everything works out o.k.

Good news at home: my DH finally found a job after his extended vacation He's getting a retirement pension, but we sure could use the extra income! The bad side is that he'll have the car during the day, so I'll REALLY be homebound

Lori: can't wait 'til the next installment of the Brian saga!

Hope y'all have a great day!
  • Good Afternoon All!

I just finished making the cake with Diet soda. It smells great. I haven't tried it yet. I did figure out all the calories and points. This is for the version Mary posted yesterday with the icing:
    For 1/12 of the cake:
    Calories: 224
    Fat: 3g
    Carbs: 44 (sorry you low carb dieters)
    Fiber: 0
    Protein: 3
    WW Points: 5

It's a little higher in calories and points than I normally have for snack/dessert, so I will have to eat sparingly. I will probably cut it up and freeze in serving sizes. However, if it keeps me from craving the real thing (I love cake) than I'll work with it!

Thin - Thanks for sharing the chocolate website --- looks yummy. I may have to try something new when PMS rolls around next time.

Who was looking for a nice dress?? I was looking yesterday under the "Plus Size" links at the top of the site and found a couple sites that had nice/reasonably priced dresses. I am planning on buying an slinky new cocktail gown before the cruise!

2Cute - I am glad you made it back safely. So sorry to hear about your sisters difficulties. {{{{HUGS}}}} Take it one box at a time - you'll get it all done. I have moved more times than I care to think and hope I don't do it again for a very long time.

Tina - Back to work!! Good job on the journal!!! I didn't see the article but heard someone on the Oprah show mention it. I keep a detailed log on the computer of all my food and weight and measurements, but I would like to start a more personal one with pictures and feelings, etc. Also, good job going back to WW next week!

Lori - Way to go!! 3 pounds! Yippee!!!!

Homebound - Sorry you are feeling yucky today. Hope you perk up! I sent you a PM about the TSH stuff.

Alright, no more fooling around. Gotta get some work done!!!

Talk to you later!
    Barb
  • Thought I'd share....
    a picture of Ron and me in CT.... This was my favorite!

• Just finished dinner and need to sit and let it settle.
    I figured I would catch up on my reading here.
    Tina... what a lovely photo of you and Ron. TRUE LOVE

I got about 5-6 more boxes packed this afternoon. a lot of last minute stuff. I am packing my pots and pans so no more cooking for this woman.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    I will be thinking of all of you in Chat tonight.
  • 2 cute: can you see the light finally I know you have been working so hard, will you ever move again? hope not! Congrats on your new place. Cant wait to see it next Spring, and you two of course!!

see ya girls! can't chat tonight with you chickies, have to share this pc with 3 other folks!!! going back home in a little while though, mini vacation is almost over!

take care all!
  • I know I promised I would make individual responses tonight, but just this once.....I'm going to renig. I feel so crappy. I've got a raging kidney or urinary tract infection. It just came on all of a sudden....no warning or nothing. I know why it's happened though. When we went on the trip, we brought about six twelve packs of soda (hehe...my northern word) (we call everything coke in the south) on our trip and that's about all I drank. I probably didn't drink half a gallon of water the entire time I was gone. Yes...I know.

Anyways, I went out and got some medicine and I'm about to hit the sheets early. Hope you all have a wonderful night and I'll see you tomorrow.
  • Good evening girls. I checked out chat aroung 10 est, but no one was there. I always seem to miss you. This time I was cleaning my apartment obsessively. My boyfriend's sister is coming tomorrow from Florida, I'm one of those that has to have everthing perfect for visitors (I think I got that from my mother).
    What a nice start to my mini vacation. I am actually exited because we have plans to go to the Camden Aquarium and then to South Street in Philly for lunch. It should be fun.
    I had a bad journal experience. I started one of the online journals that 3FC offers and I was ranting and raving about something personal and one of our members left me a snyde remark about how I don't understand how this site works and bla, bla, bla. It was quite nasty. I have one question...aren't our journals supposed to be our personal thoughts and feelings? And am I over-reacting to her comments? I didn't mean to assault anyone personally, I was just annoyed by something I had read earlier that day. Hmmm

Tina,
    I so hate having urinary infections. They are the worse thing ever! Be a good water drinker now and it will go away soon. I love your pic! Cute! Cute! Cute!

Barb,
    I think you should send me over a piece of that yummy cake!

Home,
    Great news on your hubby's job! Wonderful.

Lori,
    So the drama continues. Looks like your week of silence paid off huh? Now you'll have your sweetie there all the time! Good work chickie.
    Congrats on the improved workout, you are really going to see the pound and inches come off now. Running burns tons and tons of calories.

2cute,
    Please take a long deep breath sweetie. You are wearing me out and I'm only reading! I hope you feel better soon and your family will be in my thoughts.

Thin,
    Chocolate....yummy. I will definitely be checking out that one!

Ok, girls I'm off to bed alone. DB went to go pick up his sister at his dad's house in Harrisburg. It looks like she'll be staying with us and driving back to FL from Philly. EEK!
  • Oh geez, what great timing to get my TOM... Oh well, at least I am not in agony, and I'll behave myself

Anyway, no luck in the job search on Bri's part today, and the only place he reported that he got to see, he said was in a crappy neighborhood and it looked like a roach motel. (he's not that "hard up", he says ). Poor guy then got caught in the rain and came back looking like a wet hen. Between that and my TOM starting and my feeling puffy, it wasn't much of a day at all. He's back at the motel (sawing logs by now, no doubt) and I am here in my jammies with the cat brats.

Tina: Lots of cranberry juice and water for you, dearie. Take care of yourself.
  • Good Night Friends
    Sweeeet Dreams (only)
  • Pam... no light in site yet. I am getting a little nervous. I am NOT ready and I don't see how I can be in time.
    Dear Hubby is being very understanding. He said not to worry. What I don't get packed by the time the movers come... he will move later. How sweet.

Now for the NOT SO SWEET part. He has NOT packed a single box.
    I cornered him Sunday night and we went through his clothes... but I packed them after he decided what to keep and what to toss. I DON"T UNDERSTAND MEN. It would be easier on him to help me pack and let the movers move the boxes... but to each his own. He said he is willing to move what I don't get packed. All of the big furniture is ready to go.

Tina... I hope you get feeling better soon. I have had those too and they are miserable. Once it got so bad I was urinating pure blood. Now that HURT !!!

Pam... I don't do the journal here... but I think there is an option for it to be open to the public or private. You may want to make yours private.

Lori.... you poor thing... you have so many men after you.... now one named TOM too.
    I am curious... are your cats male too.??

Joanne... you snuck in on me. Good night sweetie

Gotta go... had no business posting... but I could not resist.