Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default How can my stomach possibly be grumbling?

Ok.... Dinner was normal time and since I ate little during the day, it was a big meal. I finished my bowl quickly - stuffed sour cabbage with a spoonful of polenta- about 700 Calories I'm guessing (though it could be as little as 400 or as high as 900 as it is hard to measure). Regardless of how many calories, I ate a big bowl of it and immediately upon finishing my stomach was still growling.

I got more water and waited. I'm starving! How is that possible? and the growling just keeps increasing. I ate dinner 90 minutes ago but it feels like I've been fasting all day instead.

This has never happened to me before ever. It's impossible my stomach felt empty immediately upon eating- yet gurgling it was....anyone else ever experience this?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #2  
Melissa

Ok... Found this, but beyond the noises, I still felt famished.

http://www.digestivecareonline.com/blog/?p=83
Old 06-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #3  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Maybe something you ate affected your blood sugar? If your blood glucose spiked your body would respond with a dump of insulin which would make you feel hungry.

Or maybe you're just having a Hungry Day. Those happen, randomly.

Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #4  
Melissa

My total carb intake today is 70 grams. I did have polenta, but like a half cup basically to soak up the liquid in the bowl and add more sustenance. I'm thinking maybe the dinner had too little fat to make me feel satiated. But I'm guessing.

I just have never experience growls of hunger after eating like that. Bizarre. I'm drinking a large sparkling water now hoping to make the hunger feeling go away. I can't eat in the evenings because of needing an empty stomach to take my thyroid medicine.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Cabbage...could it be grumbling from a little gas or upset stomach from the cabbage? I have stomach issues and sometimes I'll get this grumbly hungry feeling, but it's just my stomach acting up. Cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower can do it to me, especially if it's raw. It's weird though because it really does feel like hunger to me, but eating never makes it go away but a tums will.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #6  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

That happens to me sometimes, too. Don't know why, all I know is eating more doesn't help because a little while later I just end up feeling miserable from being over-full.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #7  

I have this same problem if I don't eat enough fat in my meals. Also if I eat mostly vegetables. I don't know what your cabbage was stuffed with though. I hope it passes quickly for you. I don't like that feeling at all.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #8  
Melissa

It might have been something else. My gut is acting up. But I was also still hungry all night. Today is better, despite some gut issues this morning.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I have hungry days and not hungry days. My solution is a hardboiled egg or two. If I'm not hungry enough for an egg it's just a craving and I don't need it. If I'm hungry enough for a hardboiled egg it's solid, satiating, and won't hurt my weight progress one bit.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

hard boiled eggs are often my savior.

Some days I feel like I have a tapeworm, never full, I'm glad it doesn't happen often anymore.

I'm really trying to eat slower, especially my lunch at work, I was wolfing it down, now I try to take a drink of water and pause for a second in between bites.

DH and I are always joking about "did you chew your ..." especially stuff like cabbage, it goes back to one of my friend who swears that's where her DH's flatulence comes from, not chewing his food enough

best of luck berryblondeboys
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote