Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 08:42 PM   #31  
soontobethin

Hello,
I was just reading through the forums and came across this one. I am a stay at home mom with two boys, 3 and 4. After baby #2, my weight went up to 200. I am down to 160, and trying to lose the last 30 lbs. Just looking for a support team with people who are close to my goals. Looking foward to posting in here.
Ricci
Old 07-28-2003, 10:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Welcome Ricci! What a neat name! I'm Spryng. A SAHM of 3, been married for 5 years now and just had my 3rd baby 5 weeks ago. I have been with this thread and group of women for way over a year now... actually I'm coming up on two years shortly. Before I got pregnant this last time I was only 10 lbs shy of hitting my goal. But now I am more like 40 lbs away. What plan are you on? I've tried so many different ones over the last 2 years. Atkins, low fat, low calorie, the rotation diet, slimfast, pills, etc. The one I am finding is working the best and is the easiest for me is just portion control and regular exercise. I make my meals low fat or low calorie by using fat free milk, low fat cheeses, etc but then only eat a small amount of it. That way I can eat whatever I want and still lose weight. I'm doing good so far. I can't wait to get to know you better. I think you will find yourself at home here and you will get the support and encouragement you need.
Karen, you take it easy girl! I didn't realize you would have swelling after the procedure. Take it easy and try to rest as much as you can, ok?
My day has been ok. I almost messed it up with lunch. DH decided to make chili dogs and french fries and I caved in and had two!! They were really good too. I felt bad afterwards though. So I extended my walk this evening to make up for it. I hope I worked alot of those calories off. My WI is tomorrow and I don't want that meal to mess it up. But we'll see. Other than that today has been a ho-hum kind of day. Just sitting around doing nothing. I just laid the baby down for the night and tonight is my night so I need to get in bed. I'll chat with you all tomorrow!
Old 07-29-2003, 07:00 AM   #33  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!

Welcome Ricci!!!!! Hey, I love your screen name- I need to lose more too!!!! But it sounds like you are doing great, being down some 40# already. Weight loss sure is a journey, isn't it???? And the good part about it is, who cares when you finish this race, just as long as you get there. Welcome, I'm glad you joined us.

Karen- I'm so glad you posted! Last night- as I was praying I thought of you and realized that we had not heard from you in a day or two. I was getting a bit concerned. Go slowly- but it sounds as though you are. Great that you are not hungry- just make sure that what you do eat is quality nutrition and will help your body mend.

Spryng- two chilli dogs will not kill you!!! (the salt might be a factor in the WI, but that is only temporary). Good for you getting your walk in too. The weight will come off........you are doing great!!

As for me, I got a 2.75 mile walk in this am- and actually added another 2 miler to yesterdays total (lots of stress to burn........)
I was bad last nite- and can attribute it to TOM approaching. Feel sorry for my fellow jurors!!!!!!!! But today is another day- and my eating plans are strange but will fit in nicely with a low point day. Ricci- sorry that I can't really introduce myself, this is a short post for me ( the others can tell you what a blabber puss I am!) but I have to get off the computer and in the shower.
Have a great day!!
Ginny
Old 07-29-2003, 10:42 AM   #34  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Ginny - Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! I am definately on the mend. I guess I should correct my statement about not being hungry. I am proud to say I am not craving things like cookies, potato chips and coffee! I am needing things such as fruit, water and salad. It is kind of crazy but I have only had 1 cup of coffee since I had my surgery. I usually drink half a pot a day.

My body is aching to take a walk but the sorness wont let me quite yet. I cant get across the room with out feeling some stab of pain in my abdomen. So I am going to give it a few more days and then check with my doctor to see if I can walk a bit. He told me to start 3-5 days after surgery.. but since I am still so sore.. I think I better check in!

Welcome RICCI! You will love it here! These women are some of the most supportive people I have ever met! I'm Karen, SAHM to Ds (almost 7) and DD ( just turned 5) I have been battling weight since puberty. I have been on everything from WW to Diet Center and Jenny Craig. The only thing I havent done yet is Low Carb... and it looks like I am going to have to do that. I just had surgery fro Endometriosis and have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (Still waiting for all the blood work to come back to see if I have Insulin Resistance.) Just jump in and post with us!

Spyrng - How did weigh in go? I know you will do great because even eating 2 chili dogs will not hit you too hard!

I'll check in later~! I need to get the kids ready for soccer camp!

HUGS!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:04 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Ginny, Great job on all the exercise you're doing. How do you calculate points for activities such as raking leaves and about how many calories is a point worth? Educate me please!Jury duty!? I've only served once and found it to be a real eye opener as to how our "justice" system really works. Sadly I was on for a domestic abuse charge, first time offence, and no real evidence just hear say on both sides. The guy ended up convicted even though I and some others didn't agree. Something about %'s or something. It was a long time ago, good luck. As for dd, it sounds like you're a terrific christian family and who put a lot into their children. I'm sure she'll make the right choices with bf etc. Hang in there. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that all goes well for you and your family in your absence!.......Karen, So glad you're coming along well. I hope you are eating right and getting plenty of fluids. Your body needs to be treated good to heal good. Keeping you in my prayers lovely lady.....Ricci, Welcome aboard. I've been here for just about a month with these ladies and they are terrific support. You will fall in love with our self proclaimed blabber puss. She's busy, but she'll find time to give you plenty of words of support, advice, and friendship as we all will try to do.....Spryng, You are doing so good girl. You must have a good relattionship with your IL as much time as you are there swimming etc... I too enjoy a great relationship with my IL. None of the horror stories people write to "Anne" about....As for our trip, it was a blast! Sun. DH took the big kids on all the wet rides while I did the 2 kiddie park areas with the little ones. We had so much fun and my eating stayed good. We had lunch from home we'd packed before going in and then we stayed so busy (and it was $$$$) that I ate only a corn on the cob the rest of the day. Yesterday we switched kids and DH did wet stuff with the little ones (I'm not into spending my day wet) while I took the 2 big ones on the fast rides. 8 y/o ds actually rode 4 coasters and a bunch of "big kid" rides and then me and dd ditched him with dh also and we did 2 more coasters and the sonic drop. DD really wanted to do "Iron Wolf" a coaster you stand up to ride and when we got to the top and only 2 rides ahead of us she really wanted to back out. Did I let her? Not a chance! We tood up, she screamed, she thought it was awesome. Yesterday I didn't do too good on the eating I put it off until on our way home (5pm) and then ate cheetos pretty much non stop for 20 min.!!!!Oh well, I have 4 days of July to make sure I maintain the 4# loss I've accomplished in July! Have a great day all.

Kristi
Old 07-29-2003, 11:19 AM   #36  
soontobethin

Thanks all for the welcome. I think i'm gonna like it here. As for my dieting, I too have tried everything, but now I am doing exercise and portion control. I am going to start eating more wheat bread, pasta, etc. I like it more than white anyway, white is just cheaper, and DH doesn't like the low fat stuff. says he can taste the difference. I am trying to get him to eat the good stuff and exercise, but you know how that goes.
I have done pretty well the last few weeks on eating and exercising. The only problem right now is that two weeks ago, ds turned 3 and we had cake and ice cream. Last week was dh's birthday and we had cake and ice cream. This week is my birthday, and yep. more cake and ice cream. But the past two weeks I have had only one piece of each cake and a scoop of ice cream so that isnt' too bad. Our fair is in town this week, and Thursday evening, Uncle Kracker is going to be performing there and I got tickets to go. I love fair food, but I think my will power can win out. I mean if I can go to silver dollar city and not cave, then I should be able to hold out at the fair. Sorry I couldn't remember names this time around But I will try to do better in the future.
Ricci
Old 07-29-2003, 01:44 PM   #37  

Good morning all!
Well I have bad news... I GAINED TWO LBS!!! How did that happen? I thought I did so good this week. I ate small portions... losts of veggies, drank my water, etc. I even exercised!! I'm hoping it was either muscle gain or water retention because I should have TOM any time now. But how do I know for sure? I don't. I'm pretty bummed out right now. I thought for sure I'd drop a couple of lbs not see the scale go back up. Ugh. I've got to get off here and clear my head. ttfn
Old 07-29-2003, 07:17 PM   #38  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just me again! Dh had me come online to check the college email scene........aw, you know I can't resist stopping in to say hello!!!

Spryng- don't you worry about those two pounds!!!!! Practice these words....."I am post partum, and that usually takes about 6 - 8 weeks to heal". Ok, I am no MD, but give yourself time. The Dr would never consider you over Tanner's birth, and we don't either!!!!! Hang in there, there will still be lots of body fluctuations to come. We love ya- ok???

Ricci- one thing that WW says about special events like fairs is to treat yourself! Yup- they do say that- it does not mean to have 5 of those soft pretzels and 3 funnel cakes.........(can you guess what my weaknesses are??)- but find out the nutritional dammage of a the ONE item you will have- and adjust your day accordingly. You might try splitting the funnel cakes with Dh (you get a half portion and then back way off of eating the rest of the day) or find out that what you crave is not so bad anyway....... In a nutshell, they advice to either go for portion control or diet adjustment for the special event, not denial. Let me know what you might want and I can look thru my WW stuff to see how "bad" it is. The whole wheat stuff is a great idea- WW encourages it.

Kristi- figure that 20 minutes of brisk walking or a moderate workout is one point. I guess that equates to about 50-70 calories, (I'll check my WW stuff and get back to you tomorrow) but points are a balance of calories, fiber and fat. So, bread made from whole wheat flour with higher fiber will have less points than white, if the fat content is the same. Thanks for the prayers...... now how does that hymn go, "I need Thee every hour"???? That's me!!! Raising kids, especially teens is a challenge. But I have been blessed with a great family. Put those cheetos behind you!!!!!!!! tomorrow is another day, and you can work them off or compensate for them then.

Karen- I am so glad that you are feeling better!!!!!! Let the soreness mend.......it will go away......and think of how great you will feel soon. When do you see the Dr again?? And congrats on the healthy eating!

Gotta go ladies. Jury duty is the pits- the judge falls asleep all the time, and the case has a "fishy" odor to it. Can't say more than that.......but it also could go longer than we were originally told Ds has another week of bball camp next week, I really want to be out of this mess for his sake!!!!
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 07-29-2003, 10:11 PM   #39  

Good evening all!
Well I am not feeling better about my weight gain but I am sticking it to water retention and muscle increase from exercise. There is just no way I gained because of over eating. So I'll be extra good this week and see how mext tuesday's WI turns out.
Ginny, sorry you got stuck w/ jury duty. Actually I've always wanted to be on a jury. All that stuff interests me. Are you allowed to talk about the case once it is over? I guess you'll be missing your WW meeting tomorrow because of it huh? Well I'm sure you have did well this past week.
Well I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I hope all are having a great evening. Misty, Jackie we miss hearing from you!
Mel I hope you are feeling well and I also hope Karen, Kristi and Ricci are doing great this evening also. Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:27 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

AHHH! Lots of newb's WELCOME! I'm Misty sahm of 2 dd's and *drum roll* A SON on the way!!!! YAY ITS A BOY GIRLS! I literally cried on the ultrasound table and so did my Dh. It was such a shock we really thought it was gonna be another girl.
So I'm doing ok but barely keeping my head above water with all the chores and being prego. I'm up to 160# and they are calling the due date Thanksgiving day... also he already weighs 2# at 23 weeks. He's gonna be anothe whopper! nothing like a big healthy baby tho.
I wish I could address all of ya. I've missed you terribly. Your all in my thoughts and prayers.
Night gals
Old 07-29-2003, 11:16 PM   #41  

Oh Misty I am so happy for you!!! Reading your post brought tears to my eyes... A BOY!! I bet your DH is on cloud nine. It's not like he doesn't love your little girls because I'm sure he adores them but having a son does something to a man's ego, lol. I am so hapy for you two. What do your dd's think of having a little brother?? Take it easy with all those chores... you need your rest. I can't wait to hear more about you and your pregnancy, sounds like you are moving right along.
ok, I need to get in bed. I got on my recumbant bike this evening and took a cool shower afterwards and now I am refreshed and cooled down and ready to call it a day. Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 07-30-2003, 07:40 AM   #42  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!

Michele!!!!!!!! A son!!!!! Woo hoo! I have loved watching the two genders grow up together...boys are so.......different! Congrats- that is wonderful news- and I will continue to pray for a healthy Thanksgiving Baby for you. Something extra wonderful to thank the Lord for this year too!!!!!! Feel good- and try not to get overwhelmed by your pregnancy and all the hard work you do helping your family business. Big hugs!!!!!!!!

Spryng- gee, that sure sounds like water weight to me.....good for you that you are keeping it all in perspective. Send me your email again, if you like. WW had an article on their web site all about that week (and we all have 'em) when you did everything right and the darned scale shows goes up! For that matter, you can subscribe to their articles without being a member or paying a cent.....that is how I get them too. And they do have some great ideas and recipes. Anyway, I can email the article to you if you like. Good for you getting the bike ride in- and that cool shower sounds refreshing.

Well, I got my "long" walk in today- guess this one is almost 4 miles. New strategy today too- I am dressed for court (look like a human being!) but wearing my walking shoes . Aw, the judge will not see them......and the court room is so cold and I will walk again during lunch. The trial is boring........ . I am trying my best to stay objective. I'll fill y'all in on it when it is over.
Yes, I am missing my WW meeting for this, and needless to say, I am not a happy camper. Gotta go!! I miss you all........... (somehow feel out of the loop as I am not home at all) have a great day!
Ginny
Old 07-30-2003, 11:50 AM   #43  

Ricci, I love Uncle Kracker - enjoy yourself....Ginny's advice is great at least allow yourself to have a little treat, life is too short to go completely without the things we really like....Spryng, I hear your pain... I too was up at WI yesterday, but up so much I know it has to be water, because I would've had to eat some 10,000 extra cals. to have gained that much. You know you're doing good just move onto tomorrow WTG climbing on that bike!....Ginny, Thanks for all the info. Too bad your trial is so boring that even the judge is falling asleep! I see you must've rolled out REALLY early this morning to get your walk in before posting. YGG! Will they allow you out of their sight so you can walk at lunch? If so that's a great idea to get in another mile or whatever. Have a great day anyway!.....Misty, Yeahhh a boy to go with your girls...Hope your feeling well....As for me. not much going on here and that's ok with me since I have plenty of housework to get done. The hmidity is way up making life a tadon the miserable side, but we'd had so good for so long I guess I can't complain. Me and the pooch walked 6 mileslast night. The first 1.5 I was totally hating it, but by #4 I felt really good. I love how my "butt" muscles feel after the 6th. It's like I'm conditioned for the 4 and pushing it the extra 2 really makes a difference. Even if it's all in my head I feel better even though the scale was WAY UP yesterday. Sometimes I really don't get how it can do that, but I didn't drink hardly any water while we were gone so I suppose my body was holding onto every drop. Oh well! Big sigh and move on! HAve a great day ladies!

MW 54........MB 46

Kristi
Old 07-30-2003, 02:13 PM   #44  

I was sure hoping someone had posted. I'm having one of those, " I'm a lonely stay at home mom, " days. Oh boo hoo right? I did a RS tape I'd never done before and I really liked it. It's called Dance Your Pants Off. HAs anyone else done it before? I know some people think he's odd, but sometimes doing his dance moves makes me feel almost sexy. I definitely sweated up a storm, but the humidity doesn't hurt that department any! Hope you're all having such terrific days you just can't check in yet.

Kristi
Old 07-30-2003, 02:22 PM   #45  

Good afternoon all!
Ginny my email is [email protected] and I would love to read that article. I really think it is TOM though, I'm feeling that old feeling again that it is on it's way. I sure haven't missed it in the 9 months I've been pregnant... but all good things come to an end huh? lol. Wow a 4 mile walk. That is great. About how long does that take you? I'm thinking about increasing my walk to 45 minutes today.
Kristi I know how you feel about getting that good feeling while walking. I do that too.. I hate the beginning of it but by time I am half through it I just feel so good. I almost hate having to come home. But my muscles aren't ready for 6 miles yet. I don't know how many miles I do at all. How do you gauge that? I just walk for 30 minutes.
Well gals... I'm doing good on my eating today. I'm looking forward to grocery shopping on saturday. I really need some more lean pockets and fruits and such. Oh and Tanner slept for 7 hours solid last night!!! Of course it was DH's night to get up with him so he really benefited from it. I gave him his first bowl of cereal at 8:15 pm, which he really loved and ate so well off a spoon. He went out like a light at 9 pm and slept until 4:15 am! He woke up and ate 4 oz stayed up for 1 hour and went back out until 8 am. I was so proud. I hope this is something that will become habit. Especially since tonight is my night with him I didn't sleep too well last night. I think it was that 9:30 pm bike exercise I did. It took me forever to fall alseep and then I woke up constantly. I need to keep my workouts earlier in the evening. But as I said... today I plan on a 45 minute walk and maybe even another bike ride if we don't go to my in-laws tonight. I'll have to wait and see. What is everyone having for dinner?? If I eat here I plan on a huge salad with some steak in it. Dh grilled last night.
Well I think I will steal a nap since all my little ones are out right now Talk to you later!
Closed Thread