3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What advantages do you have on this journey? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/296587-what-advantages-do-you-have-journey.html)

Novus 06-06-2014 08:38 PM

What advantages do you have on this journey?

We all have areas in which we struggle on this weight loss journey. But have your ever stopped to consider what advantages you have? Whether its personality attributes, your support system, your talents and skills, or something else.....there's got to be something that makes this whole thing a bit easier for you! What would you include on your list of advantages?

Mine?
1. I do not struggle unbearably with cravings.
2. I love to cook and meal plan and am very good at both.
3. I actually prefer healthy wholesome food to junky processed crap.
4. I love to shop. Like, a lot. (This is very useful when your wardrobe changes on a weekly basis!)
5. I am a thrift store shopping master.
6. I love fashion and I know how to dress to flatter my body type.
7. I am very goal oriented and can stay focused on a long term project like weight loss.
8. I do not get discouraged easily.
9. I don't think of myself as a failure for a mistake or three.
10. My family, friends, and co-workers are all supportive and encouraging.

sonickel77 06-06-2014 09:03 PM

My newfound emotional stability has been a great asset for me this time round. For the first time in my life, people around me are calling me calming, stable, saying I have a "nice personality", and that I "don't get upset by things"... which is true now! It's surreal.

Because of this, I can take the emotion out of the weight loss journey, and stop seeing my weight as evidence of my failure. It's a problem to be solved now, through scientific means.

moonkissed 06-07-2014 10:08 AM

What a nice positive thread idea!

1. I am not currently working so I have all the time in the world to fit fitness & meal planning into my schedule.
2. I My family is generally supportive & helpful. At the very least never shame me or put me down for my mistakes.
3. I have access to the internet & smart phone, which sadly some people in the world do not. And being able to keep track of my fitness, nutrition and find recipes and support online make everything so much better.
4. I love to cook and try new recipes, not that they always go perfect or even that well lol but it is a fun adventure.
5. I love exercise. I want to be outside. I want to go go go. Alot of people do not have that zest for it and I am really lucky & glad that I do.
6. My walking buddy- my dog. I feel so blessed to have her!
7. Besides my carb addiction lol, I actually love alot of healthy stuff. I can pretty much throw spinach & zucchini in everything. Alot of the foods I enjoy are pretty healthy. And not that much on junk food or sweets at all.

Olivia7906 06-07-2014 12:34 PM

This time around:

1. I actually CARE about what I put into my body
2. I LOVE MYSELF!!!
3. I have found peace, surrender, acceptance, non-attachment and neutrality to work in my favor with everything in life (including this weight loss journey)

kelijpa 06-07-2014 12:47 PM

Advantages:

DH and I are committed to get healthy and staying healthy together

I love vegetables

I am healthy enough to regularly exercise

I've been through this enough times to truly have learned from my missteps in the past

I have an open mind to trying new things when something stops working for me

I have an amazing resource in 3FC :sunny:

IanG 06-07-2014 07:59 PM

I'm a guy.

And a little bit OCD ;)

memememe76 06-08-2014 12:56 AM

Living on my own allows me to control what food is in my home and what isn't.

I have money to do all the healthy things I want to do.

I am older and my friends are older--and they no longer can eat whatever the **** they want and not gain weight. They're watching what they eat and are not as judgy towards me.

I am older and less apologetic about how diligent I have to be to maintain my weight loss.

I haven't suffered any major disabilities, knock on wood.

Novus 06-08-2014 07:08 AM

I totally love all these answers! :D With all these positives working for us, we can't help but be successful, right? :broc:

Palestrina 06-08-2014 09:04 AM

The advantages of what I'm doing now:

- My family is 100% supportive, they've never seen me happier or calmer or more confident.

- Because I'm not burdened with emotional eating anymore I'm very emotional now, I actually feel all my emotions rather than eating them. And I've learned that emotions are not so scary.

- I'm level headed, I can deal with any problem that arises head on rather than running to food as the solution.

- I'm more assertive of my needs, whatever those needs are.

- My body image is good

- I'm a participant of life rather than waiting for life to begin when I lose weight.

- I can eat normally around other people and not get lost in cravings and desire for food. Social situations are not scary anymore. I'm allowed to eat food without worrying what other people think of the fat girl eating.

DLS1 06-08-2014 06:52 PM

Most of the above answers plus thanks to calorie counting, my math skills have become CRAZY good.:D

seagirl 06-08-2014 07:22 PM

I live in a safe neighborhood and can go out to exercise any time of day or night and feel completely safe.

I am in complete control of the food that comes into my house and the meals that are prepared.

I can afford to buy the foods I need to make healthy meals.

I have a gym membership at a convenient, clean, enjoyable gym.

I have enough work out clothes to be able to exercise every day without having clothing being an issue.

I have the appropriate sports bras for my size (34H, although scheduled for reduction soon!).

I have plenty of time and desire to plan and execute healthy meals.

I have weights and a hula hoop at home for days when I want to stay home to workout.

hmmm.

Sassyinkpen 06-11-2014 11:54 AM

I like this idea!

* I'm older and wiser and have learned a lot about what does and doesn't work for me

* I've finally been able to accept that I may very well have to count calories for the rest of my life, and I'm okay with that

* I'm more patient. I've given up and regained enough times to know that even if I were to quit losing before I'd like to, I'm still better off than if I'd done nothing, so I'll just keep plugging along either way

* I currently have a lot of control over my daily schedule which is allowing me to easily fit in lunchtime workouts at home

* My family is supportive

* I have a good self-image

* I know what my pitfalls are so I can plan ahead for them, rather than getting sidetracked again

Gingerjv 06-11-2014 12:20 PM

Greart thread!
1. the biggest advantage I became smarter!!;-) Realy i have learned soooo much about body, muscules, fat, food etc)
2. Now i can eat very tasty and healthy food! I see now that strawberry/banana shake is not worse than chocolate pie;-))
3. I found new goals and aims in my life!
4. I found out that i have strength and motivation to do something;-)
5. I decided to change my life! Changes for better are the best actions you do in your life!

Slashnl 06-11-2014 01:04 PM

Good thread!

1. I'm almost an empty nester, so I don't have to give up my workout time to haul kids to and from wherever.
2. I have a great gym.
3. I know now what it is going to take and I'm ready for the dedication and commitment that I need to get healthy and fit. It's no longer discouraging.... it will take as long as it will take and I'll keep going until I meet this goal.

banananutmuffin 06-11-2014 03:37 PM

1. I don't gain weight easily. (Nor do I lose it easily! lol)

2. I do not have a sweet tooth. At all.

3. I want my kids to eat healthy foods, so I make the effort to cook healthy for them, and I also try to model good eating habits for them. They motivate me every day.