Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 08:35 PM   #31  

Tonya: Cream cheese in lasagna? You know, if he wasn't standing over you, you could substitute lower fat cream cheese (I wouldn't use no fat as it would probably not melt) and a lower fat grated cheese if that is what you use. Also, use the highest ground beef you can like ground sirloin and make your own sauce not bottled as it is high in fat or at least use 1/2 bottled then add tomato sauce and fresh chopped garlic that is what I did for spaghetti tonight for us. You could remarkably cut the fat and not the taste! Does sound good! I make a pan and end up throwing a bunch out because there is just the two of us and I don't like warmed up pasta so this time, I divided the ingredients between two and froze one! Do you cook your noodles first or not? I quit cooking mine several years ago when I saw Dom Deluise on tv making it with "raw" noodles and it comes out just as good!

I want to kick my hubby right in the you know what! He knows I have been kind of upset about the job thing and never once did he ask to look at my resume until my sister, who is a legal secretary, told me to send it to her to look at. Come to find out, when he was in college a couple years ago his advisor showed him a new more professional looking way to do a resume (MY current one is his old style!) and he let that tidbit out tonight that he had it saved on disc! Men are such pains sometimes. I have sat here for an hour redoing my whole resume to make it more professional! I wonder how many jobs I was passed over for because they didn't like the look of my resume! MEN!

Gotta go downstairs and fold some laundry and get it put away so you girls all be good now and I will see you tomorrow with the WOES!

Faye
Old 07-23-2003, 06:42 AM   #32  

Hellllllllo Chickies!!

How in the world are you?????? Hope everyone has a "mahvelous day" It is a cool 71 degrees here in the deep South, a welcome change!! Yesterday brought terrible storms, Faye....are you alright! Damage was awful in your area I know!! Last night was so pleasant, got out and took a walk around 8:00,

so that is 1 pt for exercise yesterday (one mile video, and 10 min. walk) 1pt for water, and 2 pts for staying on program!! 2 more days till weigh in, boy am I ever psyched!!!

Yesterday was a great day, visiting with the family, my mom bought me 3 new pair of pants, and a blouse, and some new "step ins" that is what the "old folks" in my neck of the woods called underwear!, my sister did the watp tape with me...this morning we are all going to do it, sister and 2 neices...may even get mom to join in, who knows!! I made dinner for everybody last night..the Almond Chicken recipe found on this site, was the 2nd time I have made it now, and it is yummmmmy!
a guy I grew up with came to visit, had not seen him in about 16 years....so hard to believe we are in our 40's now!! whew! we caught up and talked about the good ole days! It was terrific
He was my first boyfriend, he was 4 and I was 5! Our first date you ask?? we went to see Mary Poppins that should tell you just how old we ARE getting!!!!

bella..congrats on joining the rec center, you are on a roll now chickie!! Will be anxiously awaiting to hear about all of your progress!

woeful Wednesday?? cant come up with any woes right now...maybe later!

Friends....have a grrrrrrrreat day, and I will catch up with you all later.

sw 356/June 5th/June 24 348.8
cw 346 and countin' em down!!!!
first goal: lose 10 more lbs by Faye's August 31st date!!
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130 by our reunion, 2005!! can I make it???? sure I can!!!! Wow that is amazing to me, to think the goal is attainable now, I have never thought I could do it, now, it is just a matter of time, and all due to my new way of living!!!! I am sooooo very grateful, and so blessed to have all of you in my corner. You are all angels!!!

Toodles........
Old 07-23-2003, 10:06 AM   #33  
The ever shrinking woman!

Yeah Faye, sounds wierd.. but Ohhhhh is it good! haha, and I have made it with very lean ground beef before and lower fat cream cheese, he knew, it just doesn't have the same taste. It's an old family recipe from his side... so *shrug*. Last time I made it for him, I made it with ground turkey breast, and one thing of low fat cream cheese, and one of fat -free... LOL.. he pretended to like it, but I know him. so I promised him that the next time I made it, I would do it the "real" way. Anyhow, that was last night, and for the first night in almost 2 weeks, I went to bed with a tummy so full it hurt

Ah well, 128 on the scale this morning, today probably wasn't the best day to weigh in either. I knew a binge was coming up, it's almost TOM for me, plus for almost 2 weeks now I have gone to bed with a gurgly tummy..

Gotta pick myself back up today, my stomach feels funny (I wonder why?!)

Maybe if I am right at 18WWP (my minimum daily) for a few days, I can get back down.

So yesterday I get 1 point for water!

Have a good day girls. I think the heat here is getting to me, this will be the 12th day in a row here that it has been 100+ F. It's a record now, last time this happened in July in Utah, it was 1965 :O
Old 07-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I got 2 pts for OP, 1 for water and 1 for exercise yesterday. For dinner I had a Lean cuisine and I was stuffed. Late last night I had a cup or less of airpopped popcorn plain. I stayed under my 1300 cal.

Tonya.. amazing how the men know taste isnt it? Mine is on a diet with me.. he weighs 275 and needs to be about 100 lbs less. So I can get away with the lowfat stuff. With the kiddos around though.. I keep lots of healthy stuff around that isnt low fat for them. DH has already lost 15 lbs.. he was 290. Just in a week too. UGH so frustrating. I refuse to get on the scale today.. my tummy is pooched way out from pms bloat. I hope it goes down before Friday.

Faye.. resumes.. men!! UGH. They are all cut from the same mold.. I truly think.. Oh dont get me started. Im in a mood with mine. lol. It would have been easier on you if you had known.. but try to look at it this way.. Doing it over like you did, you know for sure its exactly the way you want it! My fingers are crossed for you in your hunt!

Pam: Congrats on the meeting with your old friend. How nice for both of you. and FYI I love Mary Poppins to this very day. Gosh I am a disney movie fanatic.. I own so many I dont even know HOW many!

I have a migraine today.. storm fronts moving in. High pressure always does it to me. On the plus side.. we are at a whopping 64 degrees and the high is only supposed to be 73. So much for my sunbathing! At least it will be comfy to go for a walk if I can get the Meds to kick in and kick this headache soon.

Chat with you later. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Honeyrose29; 07-23-2003 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:32 AM   #35  

Debbie, my husband makes me angry! He can eat whatever he wants.. I hate that, it makes me so jealous

I love Mary Poppins too, my kids have it, and I love watching it with them, I love Julie Andrews, I love The Sound of Music and ohhh can't remember the name of that other damn musical, where she pretends to be a man dressing up as a woman... ?

I forgot about Wednesday Woes, but I sorta already complained enough for one day..

the weather + last nights breakdown = WOOOOOOOEEEEEE!

edit : Victor Victoria!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:55 AM   #36  

Hello all!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. The only points that I got for yesterday were the ones for being OP.

Today should not be that bad because I am feeling a litttle down today, but this too shall pass. This always happens, every other week right before my boys leave for their fathers house. REally I should be used to this by now after almost 4 years. Anyways....

I hope that you all have a great OP day.

Check in later
Sarah
Old 07-23-2003, 01:08 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

I am back I will check in soon. Lots of things going on here.

sandy
Old 07-23-2003, 01:16 PM   #38  

Is today woeful wednsday? LOL Boy I woed alot in my previous post so I am fitting right in!

Headache is a lil better. Love those meds. 2 slimfasts down today. Hopefully I'll feel well enough in a lil while to go walking. I may try anyway.. sometimes fresh air is enough to perk me up.

Hugs to all.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #39  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK I think I have decided to go with the 3 month plan. As I had said...I don't know for sure where my career will take me. I've been trying to get out of here for 3 years, and we see how well that has gone. LOL So we'll see.

Well I did it! I made a deposit of $180 on my trip to ireland and I am psyched. Now since it's a self-drive tour I just have to get my guy to sit down with me to plot out our course. See they just give you vouchers for B&B's and then you have to figure out where you are gonna stay, etc. What to see, where to stay. It's gonna be fun, especially with someone who doesn't like to plan! >

So I get 2 points for yesterday...exercise and water. I was pretty much OP, but I ate a skinny cow and some grapes and the grapes put me over my cals, but they were at least on the list.

Thanks for the advice on the sodium with the soup girls...I got another soup at the store..cream of mushroom again, but this one is reduced sodium. Has less fat and less salt...almost half of the other stuff. It's just amazing!

OK I gotta get back to the grind...talk to you all in a bit!
Old 07-23-2003, 04:03 PM   #40  

I have to ask.. What is this "skinny cow" I keep seeing?

And..... Where do I find one??
Old 07-23-2003, 04:13 PM   #41  

lol! they are ice cream products.. look in the freezer section at the store

on a side note, I found a recipe that sounded good, and I modified it for my weight loss liking, I think it sounds good, thought I would share

==
Cheesy Chicken and Green Bean Casserole

8 ounces Egg Noodles
3 cups canned chicken breast (two 12 ounce cans) - shredded into smaller pieces
1 small onion, chopped (or 1/2 packet Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix)
1 can green beans (or 12 mushrooms, raw, chopped)
8 ounces fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup skim milk (0% fat)
1 can 98% fat free, low sodium cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350* F. Cook Egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Combine all ingredients and fold into noodles. Place in 7.5 X 12 baking dish. Reserve a little cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top if desired. Bake uncovered in oven for 30-45 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.

Per serving: 267 calories, 4g fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 204 mg potassium, 27 g carb, 2 g dietary fiber, 27 g protein. WWP: 5.

Last edited by TonyaS; 07-23-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:41 PM   #42  

Tonya that sounds just yummy. I was sitting here trying to figure out what was for dinner tonight. I have everything to make your casserole! I just might give it a try

Ok.. off to the market to search for these skinny cows. My ice cream craving is getting the best of me. I have some vanilla breyers in the freezer but its 140 cal per 1/2 cup and fat.. well we wont go there. lol!

Heres to my Skinny Cow mission!
Old 07-23-2003, 04:50 PM   #43  

careful, they are addicting!

I am making casserole tonight too, I have to stay away from the lasagna leftovers!

I need to vent badly, I think I might start a journal here... a few people have suggested it, maybe it will help me =|
Old 07-23-2003, 05:00 PM   #44  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Debbie, you may wanna check out www.skinnycow.com it lists all their products. I think that an ice cream sandwich is 130 cal and 2g fat. So not bad at all, and they taste good and they are large. They have some new items coming out that sound good...but I haven't seen them in my freezer case. You have to search a bit for them but good luck!

Tonya - that recipe sounds awesome!!!!! I can't wait to try it!

OK I am looking forward to a bland dinner after eating teddy grams and my slimfast snack bar. I gotta stop bringing them both to work.

I'll check in later...
Old 07-23-2003, 07:26 PM   #45  

Default Oh I was bad

Tonya's casserole never made it. The kids wanted a southern meal (as they call it) I rarely ever make it and they dont ask often.. so I did. Homemade buttermilk biscuits, sausage, gravy, eggs, and hash browns.

I fell off the wagon I didnt stuff myself but I did eat until I was full.. something I never do anymore.

Ahh well.. I'm only human. And honestly.. I feel ok with it. I have a deep love for food and enjoyed every bite

Does anyone else have a problem with always being hungry? I was just wondering how you deal with it.
Closed Thread