3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ and Ready to Try Again #373 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/29499-300-ready-try-again-373-a.html)

loranden 07-18-2003 11:53 PM

300+ and Ready to Try Again #373

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

loranden 07-19-2003 12:02 AM

Now, who wants to hear about my evening?

IT WAS GREAT!!!!:cb:

It was at a gay bar, but so what? I never had a bigger blast in my life! I got up there and sang "These Boots Are Made for Walkin" and the whole bar full of gay guys just loved it. Turns out, they were having a karaoke contest and yours truly came in second and won $100. The better news is that Charlie won the first prize-$250 :D !

for anyone that is curious, I still haven't answered Brian's emails. The turd sent me yet another and left three messages on my answering machine! Good. :sumo: Let him suffer some more--he'd really pop a vein if he knew I went to lunch with Jason this afternoon and to karaoke with Dennis and Charlie tonight! :lol: :smug:

2cute2Bfat 07-19-2003 12:11 AM

Lori... it is scarey how many times we post at the exact same time.
This time we both started a new thread at the same time. LOL
I posted on my new one... then deleted it and forget what I said now. :o

Oh well... I got my new house today. :)
I am having a heck of a time deciding what colors to paint the walls. :rolleyes:
I thought I knew... but once I put some on the wall... it was toooo dark. I am trying another tomorrow... so you know where I will be.
I am really getting excited. :D I liked the color I picked for my bedroom.... sort of a sagey green.

Okay.. gotta get to bbed. good night

katrinabgood 07-19-2003 02:22 AM

Hey!

I just wanted to say, "See Ya!" I'll be back next Saturday...

Fingers are crossed for a sunny week, no hurricanes, no rip tides, no jellyfish, no sharks...uh, I think that's it.

Oh yeah! YOU ALL have a good week!

Young Grasshopper 07-19-2003 02:59 AM

Hi Ladies!

Not a good day today....was glad to read Andria's post because it rang a few bells. Was so angry about petty family stuff today and I just stuffed it....instead of doing/saying anything I just put food in my mouth. Wish I could just let stuff slide off my back sometimes...smart thing would have been to put my sneakers on and get out of the negativity for a while.

Have to laugh at the "accent contest"...have to say that when I get really mad my Long Islandeze comes out and it ain't pretty. Weirdest thing is that when I drink alot I sound like I just stepped off the bus from Biloxi. And I've never been South!

Lori: I say good for you....good to keep your options open and let him stew for a while. LOL..there's my two cents. Ever notice how it's either feast or famine when it comes to dating? I say enjoy the feast!

Thank you to everyone who send me PM and posted on sites for a dress. Wedding is not until October but I'm starting to worry. My sister got married 3 years ago and I swore that I wouldn't go to another wedding at that weight again. Now I'm bigger. No use beating myself up, I am working on it, but I really wish shopping was easier.

That's about it for now! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Deb :strong:

PheonixRising 07-19-2003 06:23 AM

Deb-I also wanted to suggest Roaman's. They seem to have some really elegant dressy attire. Worth a try.

:df:

pjkdreamer 07-19-2003 06:50 AM

Good Morning "my little chickadees".

Hope all goes well for you today. It is toooo early for my brain to function very well, so, I will just say...be good to yourself today, you all deserve it!!

Check in with you this afternoon!..got to go :jig: :strong:...and get these t-i-r-e-d bones moving...have to be at work today by 7-----ugh! I just left that place!:shrug: :faint: :headache: :chin: :tired: :yikes:

sw 356/June th/348.8 June 24th
next weigh in 7/24
first goal: lose 10 more lbs. by August 31st
final goal: 130

peekabooangel 07-19-2003 07:26 AM

I know this does not count....but

PEEK A BOO

Just want to get my notifications. Hubby told me to go and get my new computer last night, so I did, and now I am trying to get all my stuff on here.....BBL

Hugs,
Sandy

Grannie39074 07-19-2003 08:23 AM

MOrning , I am off to work this morning catch all of you in chat tonight.

2cute2Bfat 07-19-2003 09:18 AM

This must be the day for short comments.
I'll take first place. :lol:

justme2338 07-19-2003 09:34 AM

Hi girls. I'll break the short reply train cause I usually can't make it onto chat Saturday nights.

Yesterday was perfect until I got the brilliant idea to go out for chinese food. Boyfriend suggested we get the 3 person meal so we could take the rest home...of course I complied. :ink:

So anyway, I felt like poop last night because I ate too much. I decided I would make up for it today. It's such a beautiful day I am going to the track and then to the pool. So it's going to be 2 workouts for me to compensate for all that food.

This morning I am feeling much better, just finished my cereal and banana. So it's a healthy start to the weekend. I can't promise anything for dinner though. I am thinking that a margarita would be nice...:bubbles:

Everyone have a great day, I'm going to try and make it to chat tonight.

joe anne 07-19-2003 09:44 AM

My big MISTAKE

Boy did I learn my lesson last night.
I thought I could handle one little ice cream sandwich but that was a big mistake, because my blood glucose level shot up to 279. It made really sleepy, but I took my meds like I should. I did get a restful nights sleep but this morning was very hard to get up.
I am late getting my walk done but I am still going to do it, so I'll see you all later.

Terri in MO 07-19-2003 11:01 AM

This is what I wrote last night to catch up!

Warning: This is not a quick reply. :blah: :blah: :blah: This covers the last week which was three threads and I'm behind already this morning. More later...

Here I am spending “date night” (Friday) downstairs catching up with my favorite chicks. It was a hot one today - 103 degrees. When I went out at 5:00 to come home, it felt like walking into an oven. Mercy!

I’m not sure what all I posted this week. Its been an up and down week with the heat and allergies. Its been hard to exercise because of the allergy fatigue but I’ve managed to do some of what I planned. Tonight, I did do 30 minutes on the spinner. I drug out my VideoCycle tape and cycled through Vermont. Felt great. The dog was spastic about a walk around 9 pm so we took our stroll. There was a great breeze but it still was hot for him. The good thing is that he WANTS to go to the garage to lay down for the night after we’re done.

Today, I told my MIL shopping for lamps. We had a good time. She took me to lunch at Faziolis. Was I a good girl or what??? I got the chicken finger salad instead of any of the pasta dishes or sandwiches. I did eat two breadsticks though. :p Too good to resist.

The Spring Fling sounds great! We better get our butts in gear!

Anyone like to read? I’ve been reading Philp Gulley books. Wonderful summer reads. Very light and fun. Its about a Quaker preacher in a fictional town, Harmony, Indiana. I’ve read two so far and waiting for two more to come into my library.

I had several doctors appointments the past two weeks. Last week was the GYN and then the regular doctor. I asked her about aneurysms being hereditary since that is what Dad had, his sister has and his brother’s old son died from. This week, I had an ultrasound done just to check. I also had to redo blood work because my blood count was high? Any nurses to know what’s up with that? I’ll call next week and follow up on all that. Get the boobies smashed next week and I should be good for a year!

Not much else going on this week. This weekend, we’ll be staying inside as much as possible. Nothing pressing which is unusual. I’m taking off on Monday and Tuesday so our plan is to go to the lake with our boat for at least one of the days. All depends on the weather and how windy.

Now to catch up:

2Cute: This must be house closing week. Hope you’re doing okay. I know you’re stressed. Just hang in there and it will be behind you before you know it. I loved your joke about the country song. :lol: Is there no way to move your mother closer to you? Good job of getting the steamed veggies. Give yourself some space about the diet and exercise while you’re in the throes of the move. You’ll get there once you get yourself past the move.

Andria: Eating healthy sure does take a lot of effort. Its seems like we’re always planning and preparing but if we don’t put in that effort, junk food slips into the house. Keep it up; it all worth the effort. Congrats on 3 days OP in a row. How far have your walked in your birkies? I’d really like to have a pair of walking sandals with good arch support but not sure if they are adequate for a 1.5 mile walk (heel spur, flat feet, plantar fasciia). Hmm, is it possible to get a foot transplant? DH’s can make this hard; keep a tight rein on him and don’t let him detract you.

Deon: Welcome back! I’m sorry to see about your grandfather and your difficult times. Take it easy on yourself and getting back in control of life. As I said to Tina, we can only handle so much at a time. Sounds like you’re on the right road again.

Connie: A gal at work is talking about her daughter going through training as a medical transciptionist. We were discussing how interesting it would be because we’re basically nosy people. I’ve had days like that where it takes me an hour to get in gear at work. :o Thank goodness no one really watches me! Humdrum can be a good thing!

Sandy: Sorry about the post. I’m doing this in Word and saving frequently so I don’t chance it.

Barbara: Happy Birthday!

Mary: How did your day to yourself go? You’re never boring!

Natalie: We expect to be perfect is why we beat ourselves up. I’m guilty of not cutting myself any slack about just some days are not good energy days. All part of getting older. I think we want too much from ourselves these days. Just my 2 cents! Just do what you can each day and let it go and make a new plan for the new day. :cp: for your two pounds gone. Good job on the jeans.

Barb - I told DH that one of these days I will get up the nerve to join the Y and take adult swimming lessons. I can sort of swim but I want to be able to really swim well enough and have enough stamina to do laps. I hear you about the commute and going anywhere when I get home. That’s why I have a treadmill, spinner and airdyne at home! No excuses. Hmmmm, maybe I should try for the pool in the backyard! :lol: Can’t help with the thyroid. Hope it all works out well for you. I also hope that you and your DH are doing okay after getting the news from DH’s doctor. :grouphug: Have fun in Atlantic City! :cp: for the pound down.

Houndlvr1 - Hi! Welcome to this thread! Sorry to bail out on the WW100 threads but it has just died over there. Do you have something you’d like for us to call you or just Houndlvr? :)

Joe Anne: Sorry to be late for your anniversary. What a hot couple! Your thankful list was very moving to read. It made me stop and think myself. Have fun at the Pow Wow. Too hot and humid here to dance!

Joanne - Hi! My DH would love it if I would allow him to retire. As close as he gets is school bus driver for a few more years. Congrats on your successful WI. :dancer:

Lori - Good for you for meeting Jason for lunch. Maybe just to keep a little perspective. Good for you for maintaining control during this stressful time with Brian. Substituting exercise for eating is always a good plan! I’m going to have to check out the Crystal Light. That’s sugar-free isn’t it?

Kat - Hmm, doesn’t sound like Tina is having a good time. Oh boy, Springsteen! I love his music. I love that one of his band is on the Sopranos. What a hoot! Speaking of them, its Adriana! What a body. I tried karaoke once at a class reunion; after standing around the beer keg way too long. :lol: Aretha Franklin, NOT. :lol:

Amanda - :grouphug: I’ll send prayers your way that things will look up for you soon. Take care of you during this stressful time.

Deb - How’s the back? Be careful and let it rest. Do you have a Catherine’s or a Fashions At Large store in your area? They have beautiful dresses that would be perfect for a wedding. Not sure about your budget as they can be a little pricey ($100). I got my wedding dress at Fashions At Large and it was gorgeous.

Thin - Leg cramps can come from dehyradation as well. Be sure you’re drinking lots of water. :bravo: for sticking with Curves and joining. I’m thrilled for you. I told DH tonight that this fat is coming off if I have to work every ounce of it off. Good choice with the fajitas. So are you out of here for the weekend too? Have fun!

Lucky - Do your shoes have good inserts? Maybe you need some cushion. I have flat feet now and I use arch supports. Helps but not perfect. Its hard to ignore when your feet hurt.

Pam - Gross! Commode backup! WTG for that one mile! :bravo: I’m thrilled for you. Oh, what a feeling! when we do something physical that we didn’t think we could. Just don’t quit and you’ll be amazed at what your body will do with perseverance and TLC.

Skribbles - I have to print the threads to be able to do the individual posts to everyone. Too much activity but isn’t it great! Did you make a salad for your lunch? I have a hard time at home when there are other temptations. I loved all the smilies you had piled up. :D Hey, any loss is better than a gain. Don’t give up or let your guard down. It will come off.

Jen - Glad to see your surgery is over and you’re on the road of recovery. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Duckie - Geez, everyone has plans but me. Have a great time on your trip. It sounds awesome.

Okay, that should catch me up for the week. You are busy gals!
:cool:

Terri in MO 07-19-2003 02:41 PM

There is an advantage to everyone having weekend and vacation plans - I can keep caught up on the thread! :lol:

Lori - Congrats on winning the $100. What a hoot. Gay guys can be a blast.

2Cute - Are you painting the whole house before moving in? I did a light sage green in our bedroom last year. I love it. Although it took me six months to figure out what else goes with the green. I ended up with a comforter of various shades of tan, green and purple. I bought new dark, rich purple sheers for the windows. I even painted the master bath (shower & commode part) a dark purple to match. Have fun with all the colors!

Deb - Next time, do get out the sneakers and take off. Turning to food is only a very short comfort because then the regret moves in and that makes it all the worse. Shake this off and put it behind you. Sorry family is being a bother.

Pam- :yikes: for having to be at work at 7 am. My brain and body is not functioning well this morning either. Not sure what's up but I hate it. Hope you have a good weekend after work.

Mary - I'll try to remember chat tonight. DH always has dinner ready about that time but I'll try to be here.

Sandy - What kind of computer did you get? I saw an ad on TV for a Compaq wireless laptop that I'd love to have. :genie: But only if a genie drops some money in my lap.

Amanda - Good luck with the job and the new trailer! Keep strong!

JoeAnne- I've been making DH eat Blue Bunny ice cream bars that are made with splenda. Pretty good. Ice cream is a weakness for me too. Enjoy the walk.

Natalie - You've inspired me with your two workouts. I'll get up out of this chair and find a workout to do. Maybe I will feel better.

Have a great afternoon ladies!

Jehari 07-19-2003 03:09 PM

Hello everyone!!

This post is for the inquiring minds that want to know. :mag:

Okay, I can't remember who wrote what, so I just go over the whole thing.

I didn't have the lap band surgery. I went for the big tamale and had the RNY gastric bypass. The day after surgery I had to do a "swallow test" which is drinking this LOVELY :no: barium solution while standing in front of an x-ray machine. I had a small leak in my new little pouch, so I had to spend another two days laying in bed with an IV with not so much as a drink of water. After that, I was taken down for a CT scan where I got to drink more of that barium gunk, and it showed that the leak had healed itself and that I required no further surgery. WHEW!! :faint:
Two days later I was finally allowed to go home and start a clear liquid diet. That got old real quick. A person can only stand so much chicken broth and jell-o. :hun: Anyhoo, since my surgery on the first, I've moved on from the liquids and am eating soft food now and experimenting a little with what my new little tummy will tolerate. It's hard to learn to slow down and chew every bite well. I'm so used to just shoveling it in. :ink: Twice now I have forgotton that and paid for it with stomach pain for about and hour until the offending food finally passes through. Yes, I miss :cookie: :m: :jeno: :burger: , but so far I don't regret my decision. As of this morning, I've lost 25 pounds since surgery.

Now, on to the hospital saga....
My surgeon was great, but unfortunately he does not work at my favorite hospital. He works at a po-dunk joke of a hospital in a city called Nampa, about 30 miles from Boise. After surgery I was taken to ICU for the first 24 hours. When I woke up there, I was in a bit of pain because they hadn't hooked up the morphine pump yet, and worse yet, my catheter tube had gotton caught up on my compression stocking somehow and was pulling out which hurt like :censored: !! I called and called and called for a nurse. I kept getting "I'll send someone in". 50 minutes, yes five-zero minutes later, I finally get a nurse, but by then I'm in tears as well as really mad :mad: . I'm like "This is your idea of Intensive Care?? I could have been dead on the floor for an hour now and none of you would even know!!!"

The next day I was moved to a regular room, which wasn't an improvement by any means. The prior patients bedding was still on the floor next to my bed when they brought me in. EWWW!! Who knows what that person had!! It took me three hours to get someone to come pick it up. The nurses NEVER came to check on me. I always had to call and call. The pillow they gave me smelled like puke and I immediately returned it by throwing it at the door. How GROSS!!! OK. So then when I was taken down for my CT scan, they were so understaffed, and the nurse was so lazy, that she tried carting two of us down in wheel chairs at the same time. The other lady still had an IV pole. It was quite a ride. We had to keep stopping because the IV pole kept getting away.

After my CT scan, the doctor OK's me to have clear liquids. This was at 10:30 am. I didn't get anything until they served dinner at 6 pm. Luckily for me, I noticed that something was amiss. I asked the nurse if my tray was sugar free. She says, "Is it supposed to be?" I tell her yes. She says "Than it probably is". So I tell her "probably" wasn't a good enough answer. I need to KNOW. My menu didn't say sugar free, and having worked in the dietary department of a hospital, it didn't look sugar free either. So she calls down to dietary, and sure enough, it wasn't sugar free. So then the nurse looks at me and says, "I know I should know this, but why do you need sugar free?" :eek: :eek: :eek: So I, the patient, have to explain to the RN how the digestive tract works after surgery. My mother is a nurse of 20 years and she absolutely died when she came to see me at the hospital and I told her the stories. Not to mention she saw a few things herself that made her shake her head.

The next day I BEGGED the Dr. to let me go home. He finally OK'd it. I called my mom to come pick me up. I figured it would take about an hour for her to get my kids ready and come get me. Well, and hour later they arrive, but there I am, STILL WAITING for a nurse to come take out my IV thingy and my staples. It took yet another 45 minutes beyone that to get the nurse in there to do it. I think that is my hospital visit in a nutshell.

Now, the story of why I want to go home....
I love my mother dearly, but we simply can't live in the same house. I stresses me out!!!:stress: She is an obsessive compulsive neat freak, and, well, I have two kids. Her house is NOT child friendly. I spend my days constantly having to tell the kids DON'T TOUCH THAT!! Then there is my father and his wife. I just can't even STAND them, but I put up with them because my kids like them. It has been in the 100's all this week and will be even hotter next week, so we are cooped up in the house, day after day, because I have no car to go anywhere and it's too hot to walk.

The kids are just picking at each other. The want to go home because they miss their friends and HATE sharing a bed. We are all just pretty bored and miserable and want to go home where we can be comfortable. I will miss the air conditioning here though. It'll be hot back in Germany in our 4th floor apartment with no A/C. Oh well. At least I'll have my car so I can go places. Oh yeah. I got a call from my neighbor in Germany who is looking after my apartment and my car, and she tells me somebody backed into my car. So there is something else I have to deal with. It's real hard to settle an insurance claim from thousands of miles away when I haven't even seen the damage. UGH! And above all else, I can't wait for school to start!!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

OK. Now that I've written a small book, I'm gonna sign off for now. I will pop in later. I will even try to make it to chat. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Talk at ya later,
Jen
:wave: