Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #16  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogini99 View Post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-stinkier.html

Check out new post today by berryblondeboys. Similar issues. Hormonal!
I did see that! It is similar, but not exactly the same because she is approaching menopause and I am a long way off from that. At least 20 years if I follow "average" onset times. I don't know what my uterus is up to. I think it was traumatized by the surgery and so it's decided to clam up and hide so we don't go in there after it again! Haha

Last edited by MauiKai; 04-15-2014 at 12:27 PM.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #17  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Two weeks is not a plateau. Ordinary fluctuations in your total body weight can be caused by all sorts of factors, many which are outside of your control and have nothing to do with how well you stick to your plan. These ordinary fluctuations can easily mask weeks' worth of actual fat loss. Your month-over-month weight loss is a much better indicator than week-over-week of how well your plan is working. A couple of weeks is simply not enough time for actual fat loss to resolve out of the noise of fluid retention due to hormones, muscle recovery from exercise, weather, immune response, and a whole host of other factors.

Stick to your plan a little longer. You will probably see a whoosh.

If you don't see results after a month or two of sticking to plan, that is when it is time to change things up. Anything you change now, might make a difference or might not, but you will never really know because you do not have data on the right time scale.

As an example, when I was actively losing the 120 pounds I lost, I regularly saw no net loss - just bouncing back and forth by a pound or two - for three weeks out of every month. Then in the fourth week I typically saw a big loss, and averaged about 4-5 pounds a month of loss.

If I had made myself crazy switching my plan every month during that 3-week "plateau" that wasn't a plateau at all, I would never have gotten into a long-term rhythm that enabled me to lose all the weight.

Patience. The body is not a clockwork machine. It would be lovely to see our weight marching cooperatively downward by a few ounces each day that we stick to our plan. But it just doesn't work that way. Most of us lose in fits and starts even when we are perfectly on plan.
This forum would be a better place if everyone was required to read this post.

Very well said.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

I know its irritating but don't worry it does start moving again, last one i had was 6 weeks (thats probably not comforting) then dropped a few lbs and back to a plateau. I've decided to just stop weighing for a few weeks and focus on trying to get some exercise in. On another board a lady said she plateaued for 17 weeks, BUT she is now at goal so hey it may take longer than you want but it does happen.
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #19  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Quote:
Patience. The body is not a clockwork machine. It would be lovely to see our weight marching cooperatively downward by a few ounces each day that we stick to our plan. But it just doesn't work that way. Most of us lose in fits and starts even when we are perfectly on plan.
I don't know why you felt it necessary to take a jab at me. I don't think i've indicated that i think the body works like clockwork anymore.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #20  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
I don't know why you felt it necessary to take a jab at me. I don't think i've indicated that i think the body works like clockwork anymore.
That wasn't a jab at you. By "Patience" she was tell ME to have patience.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #21  
banned

Ah you are right. I read it wrongly. Sorry for that.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #22  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Not really low at all. According to the doc, because of my frame size I should be around 140lbs. Maybe in another 15 it will be "low-ish" but currently I'm still overweight.
Wow, that is so hard to believe that at 170 lbs and 6'1", you would be considered overweight.
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #23  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia7906 View Post
Wow, that is so hard to believe that at 170 lbs and 6'1", you would be considered overweight.
Under my fat and height I am an extremely tiny person. My ring size is 3.75, maybe a 4. I have a very, very small frame. I'm just tall. You can be tall and delicate too
Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Under my fat and height I am an extremely tiny person. My ring size is 3.75, maybe a 4. I have a very, very small frame. I'm just tall. You can be tall and delicate too
Wow, that is tiny. My ring size is a 6 and my fingers are by no means large.

G.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #25  
Aloha nui loa

Yeah, I know. People find it odd for someone so tall to be so fine boned, but it is what it is. There is good/bad to it I suppose. Unfortunately for me it DOES mean I have to weigh less than a same height person with a more average frame size in order to appear "thin."
Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #26  
Aloha nui loa

Well despite my higher calorie day I neither went up nor down. Still stuck.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #27  
banned

I don't think you get off a plateau in one day. Eat more calories again, just make sure its nutritious food, not junk food.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #28  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
I don't think you get off a plateau in one day. Eat more calories again, just make sure its nutritious food, not junk food.
The real issue is that this is not a plateau.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #29  

Height: 5'9"

Just keep going. You will get there! Don't drop out of the race now!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote