Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #391  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu78 View Post
I did it, I pigged out on Saturday like it was my last day on earth. Italian for lunch, Mexican for dinner not going anywhere near the scale till next weekend. Don't think I could handle the disappointment.
lulu: I've done this recently too, I went out with my husband, and ate pizza and cannolli. Not a healthy meal, but if this is going to be a lifestyle change, you're going to want to be able to indulge for special occasions. As long as you get right back on track and keep taking care of yourself, you're good! I stay away from the scale after cheats too. If you're eating really healthy and then cheat, usually you can gain a lot as your body tries to process the food (especially if you're not used to that kind of food!) I've gained up to 5 lbs after a cheat day, but then I usually end up where I was before after a few days. I prefer to avoid the little fluctuations by only weighing once a week. I used to weigh everyday and I became so frustrated I almost gave up. definitely didn't work for me.

I haven't weighed in yet this week (I will wednesday), but... I'm finally in a pair of 16s! They're a bit snug (I have a very curvy figure, I've always had trouble with pants because of my very large cuban butt) but at a level that's wearable. I won't wear pants that are so tight my stomach rolls over the front when I sit down, I cannot stand that feeling! So I usually wait to switch to smaller pants until they are a little looser. Hopefully I will like what I see on the scale on wednesday!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Awesome, Claygirl1518! Hooray to sizing down!

198 even today. I figured I'd even out. I'd like to see 197 before I travel at the end of next week. You know, for arbitrary satisfaction. We'll see!
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 232/197/170

Happy to report that two days after the pig out day I am at the same weight Claygirl, I know I should not beat myself up for giving in to the food, but I have a history of falling off the wagon and gaining weight right back. My problem is that when I give in just once, it will start happening more often and i won't be able to control it. I don't know what the issue is exactly but I need to control what I eat and can't allow any type of hiccups.
lulu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #394  

197 even today. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I'll probably hover around/above that number the next week or so, if past loss is any indication. Still, glad to see that number.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #395  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Claygirl and Scout, WTG on getting under 199!!!

WHOOHOOO!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Wtg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #397  

Thank you Jasmine and TheSatinPumpkin!

199.6 today. Major fluctuations, but I'm confident I'll trend back downward. I had really salty soup for dinner yesterday...
Old 10-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #398  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning all,

I haven't posted here in a while but it's good to see everyone hanging in there and doing good. I'm still hanging in there and fighting for 199. I'm getting so close now as I'm at 210.8. I challenged myself to lose 6 pounds by the end of the month and I'm already half way there.

Congrats Claygirl & Scout, how exciting! Keep up the great work.

Have a great Friday and a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by GettinFit; 10-10-2014 at 09:28 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 232/197/170

Hello, so my weight sort of stalled at 194. Getting frustrated especially that since Saturday pig out I was right on track with food. Soooooo disappointing
lulu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #400  

GettinFit Keep up the good fight!

I'm at 199.4 this morning. Goal for the weekend is to be active and to drink plenty of water. I have some fun stuff planned, including hiking on Sunday so I'm excited.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

Back onto it after becoming very ill with influenza A, and overworked at uni.

Down to 92.6 kg (203.7 lb)!!!
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #402  

Height: 5' 2"

Thumbs up Too long since I was below 200

I'm in. Just to see the 1?? anything would be progress.
so far I'm simply going back and forth between 228 and 225 with no idea what else I can do.

Exercising and working to build strength. Sweets & chips kept out of the house. Eating healthy and believe me I know what eating healthy is.

We leave to go to the woods to see Autumn leaves in 3 days, and my jeans are still tight. Need those pockets but may end up using the yoga pants for the comfort and fit.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #403  

198.4 this morning. Trying to just do my thing these next couple days before I go out of town. Staying busy/active and drinking water. Food's been OK- this weekend I ate "bad" things but now I'm just trying to clear out the "good" things from the fridge and pantry.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #404  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Scout: I just got back from vacation, I planned on being good, and was for the first half, the last few days I fell off the wagon a bit. Now I'm paying for it though. I hope you do better than me!

Today I have been sick, stomach pain, with "digestive issues" I won't go into the details. I just hope I feel better soon. Food wise I'm back on track though. I had oatmeal with flax for breakfast, Swiss chard with turkey, cranberries, and poppyseed dressing for lunch, and a banana oatmeal "cookie" for a snack (just old bananas, oats, and flax with a little Stevia). My husband is making some risotto for dinner with broccoli and chicken on the side (should be yummy!) So I'm on track for the day. I bet my body is just freaking out from going from pizza to Swiss chard suddenly, but it's just going to have to deal. I feel so awful when I eat the bad stuff!

I'm also having trouble motivating myself to workout (and just getting out there) I would like to ride my bike (great weather for it) but the neighborhood we live in now is ridiculously tiny (great for us, but small for walks and cycling) and outside our neighborhood are all windy roads that people drive fast and can't see pedestrians, with no sidewalks, and some not so safe areas (trailer parks and a particular corner that we are pretty sure people go to buy drugs. Awesome right? Where we live in the US is so pocketed, we live in a nice neighborhood, and a block away is the trailer park/drug meet up area) so... still trying to figure that out. Any advice? We do have a golf course nearby too, but I'm pretty sure I can't just walk on to a private country clubs golf course to walk whenever I want, especially since we don't want to pay to be members!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #405  

Height: 5' 2"

Default Look out for flying golf balls.

Years ago someone we knew was walking around a golf club and was hit in the head with a golf ball. Real damage. May look good place, but dangerous.

Today 25 minutes on exercise bike and 45 on strength building. hope to leave October at least one pound lighter.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote