Do you feel like your really not losing weight?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I'm going to take a different spin on what you said.

The first time I lost the weight (close to 60 pounds) I never felt skinny. I know I looked skinny and that my clothes were smaller and I shopped for new clothes every week because I was so small but I never felt skinny---or I never got rid of that idea that I was no longer a fat chick. Does that make sense? I always felt like the fat girl. Anyway, that was to my detriment because as soon as I hit 145 *boom* I was 146, then 150, then 155, then 165 and back to 207. Then of course at my fattest, I never thought I was that fat--until I was wearing yoga pants to work everyday.

I guess my point is this: The more you accept the fact that you are getting skinnier the more likely you are to not ride the roller coaster any more.

I, of course, should listen to my own advice because I started to roller coaster AGAIN and gained back 15 pounds. Maybe the third time is the charm for me? Maybe.
  • Quote: I'm going to take a different spin on what you said.

The first time I lost the weight (close to 60 pounds) I never felt skinny. I know I looked skinny and that my clothes were smaller and I shopped for new clothes every week because I was so small but I never felt skinny---or I never got rid of that idea that I was no longer a fat chick. Does that make sense? I always felt like the fat girl. Anyway, that was to my detriment because as soon as I hit 145 *boom* I was 146, then 150, then 155, then 165 and back to 207. Then of course at my fattest, I never thought I was that fat--until I was wearing yoga pants to work everyday.

I guess my point is this: The more you accept the fact that you are getting skinnier the more likely you are to not ride the roller coaster any more.

I, of course, should listen to my own advice because I started to roller coaster AGAIN and gained back 15 pounds. Maybe the third time is the charm for me? Maybe.
    I agree with this. I was throwing out all the clothes I no longer wear and found a skirt in a juniors size 3. I am weirded out that back then, I wanted to lose more weight. I simply had no idea I was thin. I also started going up and up until I gained back all of it...50lbs... Over 5 years. Even now, I have lost about 30lbs, but do not see any difference even though my size 6 pants fit and they haven't in 2 yrs. It's really a head trip. I gained all of it back because I didn't think I was thin, and felt like a fraud, which sounds totally bizarre!
  • Quote: I'm going to take a different spin on what you said.

I agree with this. I was throwing out all the clothes I no longer wear and found a skirt in a juniors size 3. I am weirded out that back then, I wanted to lose more weight. I simply had no idea I was thin. I also started going up and up until I gained back all of it...50lbs... Over 5 years. Even now, I have lost about 30lbs, but do not see any difference even though my size 6 pants fit and they haven't in 2 yrs. It's really a head trip. I gained all of it back because I didn't think I was thin, and felt like a fraud, which sounds totally bizarre! This is also my 3rd go of it and I'm trying to take a different approach mentally.
  • Every time I need to lose weight, I come up with more and more ways to SHOW my head that I'm actually losing.

First, I need to know my beginning weight = like it or not, later on the way down I'll want this information for comparison. Same for measurements, but honestly? Pictures speak the loudest. And not just clothed shots, but workout bra and form fitting workout pants kind of photos. They DO NOT LIE and you will differences from photo to photo even if you can't really see it in the mirror.
  • I should have taken my measurements when I started and I know that would help me but I was just in the mind set that I didn't want to know. I know it sounds silly but I hang on sometimes to being disappointed in myself for gaining all the weight back from last time.

I am still noticing little things though. I went to a restaurant with my dad a few weeks ago and I fit into the booth alot better than I used to. Normally it would hurt my stomach while I sat there but I actually had some wiggle room!! It was nice!