3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Will I ever be able to lose weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/294008-will-i-ever-able-lose-weight.html)

Dollydimple 03-25-2014 04:21 AM

What lovely recipes. Great whether you are on a diet or not.
How are things today I'mready? I'm like you, I have to get my head in the right place or I binge. We can do it love. Just that we have a few false starts that's all. Hang in there.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you over here in a chilly today, but very bright, UK

yoyoma 03-25-2014 07:21 AM

I think Pattience made some good suggestions.

I would add the following advice... try to pay attention to when you get hungry soonest after a meal. If you find it is after you eat a meal with starchy carbs (like bread, pasta, or potatoes), try swapping those for more raw or cooked veggies, healthy fats, and bigger servings of protein.

I strongly second the advice about healthy fats to make sure you are eating enough of them (sources like fish, avocado, nuts, etc). These are high calorie but can help you feel more satiated and they are important nutrients. Many people have trouble with portion control on nuts... in my case I intentionally buy raw, unsalted nuts and that makes it easier to count out 10 almonds (or whatever) and that's it.

If this approach to managing your weight still doesn't work well for you, you might investigate some of the other boards and approaches on 3fc, such as intermittent fasting, Atkins, Intuitive Eating and others. There are people who find success with each of these very different approaches.

Good luck and I hope you find an approach that works well for you!

Pattience 03-25-2014 08:15 AM

Definitely stick with the raw and unsalted nuts and seeds as yoyoma says.

Salted nuts are too morish. And some seeds lose some of their nutrients when heated too much.

I would add another point. You don't have to try to shut down your whole usual way of eating overnight. But i find it best to try to tailor your own meal plans to the style of foods are used to eating. This probably only doesn't work if your diet is extremely unhealthy but it could be adapted still perhaps.

But i mean consider looking at the traditional foods in your region or from your culture too.

Are you able to cook at home? Are you interested in learning how to cook? I recommend it if you want to learn to eat healthy in the long term.

Munchy 03-25-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imready85 (Post 4970033)
Thank you all so much for the good words. I go to the store Wednesday. Does anyone know any good healthy recipes. I just need about 4 or 5. Thank you

Check out www.skinnytaste.com first - it's the best! www.cookinglight.com and www.eatingwell.com have really good recipes too.

kelijpa 03-25-2014 12:27 PM

I like an old WW exercise, identifying which foods you can control and which ones you can't.

You paid attention to what you were eating and how it made your body/mind feel (kind of like mindfulness or IE) then you would classify foods like a traffic light. Red light foods were ones you couldn't control, yellow were sometimes troublesome, etc. then you could plan better knowing how types of food affect your body.

After awhile you revisit and find that some red light foods might be yellow or vice versa.

The most important thing of all is to keep trying, don't give up, you will find something that works for you and you can live with :sunny:

kelijpa 03-25-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

No need to starve yourself - this isn't torture, it's just a series of little changes that become second nature after time.

You are never stuck - everyday is a new day, and you can get to where you want to be.
~Munchy

This is so, so, so true!
This too:
Quote:

Long term sustainable weightloss is about changing habits and "tweaking". It's not about gigantic changes that will leave you hungry and miserable.
~Locke

Radiojane 03-25-2014 01:47 PM

I'm glad to know that eating meat, fruit and vegetables puts me in the realm of a Final Fantasy character. :) We're not all "Zealots" and "dieters". Some of us have just done enough personal expiration and intelligent research to find that this is an approach that works for us.

To the original poster: I tried and failed on day one 7 thousand times. I still fail alot, just not completely and not every day. I agree with everyone that says that all the small changes add up over time. For example: I started by cutting out soda. Once I had that conquered I changed my diet to lower calories and more nutrients. Had that under control for a few months before I took up swimming. That being said, I really did have to be in the right head space to make even that initial change.

I'm 19 months in, and I've borrowed tricks, tips and such from probably 15 different plans. It can be quite fun, eventually, learning all you can and figuring out what works for you!

Reaching out is a good start! Ignore redundant arguments and negativity and glean what you can from 3FC, the web, but most importantly your own mileage. You'll figure it out!