Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Default Frustrated over blue jeans

So I wear a size 18 blue jeans and have 3 pair. Only one pair is decent imo so I decided to go out and buy another pair. I've lost 10 lbs. but trying to find an 18 at Kohl's was ridiculous. When I did find 2 pairs I could not fit either pair. This just showed me just how big I am and how much I have to lose.

Now my oldest pair of jeans came from Ashley Stewart but I refuse to buy anymore jeans there because they bleed blue even to this day. My other pair are Lee's which came from Kohl's last year and they fit very well. It's like they've shrunken the size 18 and those were Lee's that I tried on. Anyway, I just needed to vent and I will keep wearing what I have until I can fit some new ones
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbunny77 View Post
So I wear a size 18 blue jeans and have 3 pair. Only one pair is decent imo so I decided to go out and buy another pair. I've lost 10 lbs. but trying to find an 18 at Kohl's was ridiculous. When I did find 2 pairs I could not fit either pair. This just showed me just how big I am and how much I have to lose.

Now my oldest pair of jeans came from Ashley Stewart but I refuse to buy anymore jeans there because they bleed blue even to this day. My other pair are Lee's which came from Kohl's last year and they fit very well. It's like they've shrunken the size 18 and those were Lee's that I tried on. Anyway, I just needed to vent and I will keep wearing what I have until I can fit some new ones
I loathe jean shopping Initially I started with the Levi Just My Size because they have a higher waist. Got a pair in a light blue and they fit perfect. Bought two more pairs...one Med Blue and one Dark Blue and NEITHER fit! Same size, same cut, but both are over an inch smaller in the waist! What gives??

I recently switched to L.E.I. Yep they are in the Jr Section but I like the fit. I got the Sophia Flare. Seems like it only comes in the one shade for that style so that's all I've gotten so far.

I'm anxious and fearful of getting anymore jeans. My weight loss has been a bit sluggish but I'm thinking I'm due for a new pair. I'm terrible...I hate to have too many pairs in the same size because I want to go down a size and hate to waste the money...meanwhile I'm wearing the same jeans over and over LOL!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vealcalf2000 View Post
I loathe jean shopping Initially I started with the Levi Just My Size because they have a higher waist. Got a pair in a light blue and they fit perfect. Bought two more pairs...one Med Blue and one Dark Blue and NEITHER fit! Same size, same cut, but both are over an inch smaller in the waist! What gives??

I recently switched to L.E.I. Yep they are in the Jr Section but I like the fit. I got the Sophia Flare. Seems like it only comes in the one shade for that style so that's all I've gotten so far.

I'm anxious and fearful of getting anymore jeans. My weight loss has been a bit sluggish but I'm thinking I'm due for a new pair. I'm terrible...I hate to have too many pairs in the same size because I want to go down a size and hate to waste the money...meanwhile I'm wearing the same jeans over and over LOL!!!!
My mom like you thinks I shouldn't buy any new jeans since I'm losing weight but it could actually be 5 months before I can fit into a 16. I only like the dark blue jeans and I like to wear tall because regular or medium fit always look a bit short on me. I also don't care for high waist jeans but I can't do much about that. I'm pear shape and think it's harder for us when it comes to pants shopping than apple shaped people. I'm a 16 top and 18 bottom, and oh it's just as much fun when looking for a nice dress
Old 03-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

No advice for you at all, just sympathy. I hate jean shopping, it's such a crap shoot every time.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Have to disagree with you on the apple-vs-pear thing! I'm very very much an apple shape (no butt to speak of, belly-button measurement is much larger than hip measurement), and it is SO hard to find jeans because if they fit my waist, they're like a parachute everywhere else, and if they fit my hips/butt, I can't even button them because they're so tight around the waist. I guess the grass is always greener, right?

Anyway, I hate to buy new pants when I'm losing, too. I've been in the same pair of 16s since I started, and I really need to have more than one pair of pants, but I hate to spend the money and frustration to get something I'm just going to shrink out of. My usual option is to go to the thrift store, where they'll have a much bigger selection of brands as well as being cheap, but it just takes so long to find something that fits even halfway acceptably.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/240/150

Height: 5'5

I always have this issue. I have huge hips Nd most pNts sag at my low bac/butt area. It is so frustrating. And I hate wearing belts because thy still end up slipping and I have to pee all the time so it is just a pain. The best fit I found and I'm right about 16/18 depending on the cut it lane Bryant. The downside is the price. I think they r like 70. The older ones stretched out bad but the newer ones the genius fit work we'll. also I have tried kohls and it is hit and miss. Sometimes also the reg size goes to 16/18 and sometimes u have to go to women's section. Also a reg 18 and a woman's 18 are different. All in all I hate jean shopping. Levi's seem to work better for me. Never liked the lee very much. I think the 550 style was the one I liked.
Occheermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #7  

As much as younger gals may hate the word have you tried Chico's? When I had gained weight last fall I bought a pair there, they are a heavy weight that resists showing panty lines or bulges and they have several in the "lift" styles that help with sags behind. They got me through a tough period.
CindySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Believe it or not I found a great pair of jeans at Walmart. Straight leg, lower waist, light and dark washes, less than $20. Works for me for in betweeners :-)
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #9  

I guess maybe it's better to be pear shaped when it comes to purchasing jeans. And doh!! I didn't even think to go in the women's section at Kohls to look at their larger sizes, but it was very crowded today as well.

I looked online at Lane Bryant and yes, they are quite costly and can't imagine paying that much for jeans. That was going to be my next option but I think I will try Kohls once again and this time go into the women's section. I should not have a problem there.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #10  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Look at the Jennifer Lopez brand Woman size jeans at Kohl's. They don't look like Grandma jeans. lol.

I'm proud to announce that I no longer fit in my 16W Jennifer Lopez boyfriend jeans. They are saggy baggy!

And of course you know that don't buy anything at Kohls until they are on sale, plus coupon, plus giving you cash back!
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #11  

Thanks, I will definitely be looking for Jennifer Lopez's jeans! She's a curvy woman so they should fit me pretty good
Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #12  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

jeans were always tough for me, and definitely different brands sizes and fits are not the same, I found a brand, style and fit and just keep buying that kind of jean, once in awhile I'll try a different brand on in the store, but it seems like I can only wear these comfortably.

For me it's Lee, avg length, size varying depending on my weight, I buy different color jeans and khakis, for some reason even though I'm shorter the petites don't fit right, so I've just resigned myself to these are the pants I can wear.

Don't forget to try on a couple pairs even of the same brand/style/size, remember they are made by humans and sometimes there might be a mistake like a skinnier leg or waist because they weren't made quite right.

I have bought the tightish jeans at the lower size while losing to get the most use out of them as they get bigger and then YAY too big.

We had fun shopping at Kohl's the other day, with the extra 25% of clearance and coupons we supposedly saved over $300 dollars...gotta love Kohl's, definitely never buy anything there regular price

best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

I absolutely love Ann Taylor. They have a curvy line that just works great for me. I find the greatest bargains at the factory oulets. You can also sign up for on their website for discounts. I do believe that their sizes run a bit bigger. I may be deluding myself with the sizes that I recently purchased, but, boy, do I feel great anyway. What a way to make a woman feel happier than smaller size clothes! :-)
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

If you don't mind wearing hand me downs...go to Goodwill or other thrift stores/rummage sales. The jeans have been washed/stretched to the true size.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

I agree with you freckles.My favorite pair of jeans came from a second hand shop and were worn in perfectly for me.The length was even perfect and they only cost $5.00.Fortunately I have lost 23 lb and will get some more there.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote