Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #16  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default Relax Ok? Chill And Let Me Chill!

I watched a video on youtube about that. A dieter made a topic about it and what I gathered from her intervention is...just prepare
a short thanks but no thanks elegant rebuttal.
After all, when you're sitting on your butts growing fat, they didn't say anything. So tell them: RELAX OK? CHILL AND LET ME CHILL!
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

thirti4thirty that video sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing that. Do you know what we could type for it to pop up?
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:26 AM   #18  
diamondgeog

This discussion made me think of a series called Chemistry versus Character.

People assume weight is character when it very often is chemistry.

For me it was for sure. I started using science that works for my body and have the best success of my life. Very good series, previous five posts are linked at the bottom.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...stry-part-six/

Last edited by diamondgeog; 03-08-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 253/238/140

Height: 5'3.5

There is a saying I love "Other people's opinion of you are none of your business"

I think I have always been pretty good at this. People do comment. At work, friends, family. I am an introvert so prefer to keep my motivations and decisions private...

I usually listen, smile and nod... then move on to a new topic. What they are saying has more to do with them than us.

I totally agree and often use wannabeskinny's advice- just give a more general excuse... we have a lot of parties here at work and I will say, "Oh, later, I haven't had lunch yet" or something.

The only thing that bugs me is MY HUSBAND does this. So after many arguments, we have agreed that what goes in my mouth is MY business and vice versa... not up for comment or discussion. I know MY body and what it needs and don't need his "help."
IonMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #20  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Abetterme here's a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Qsi...7062AB13F3A5DD

The video is titled

Everyone Becomes Medical Doctors Once You Start Losing Weight
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

Height: 5'4"

Love the quote! My husband offered me chocolate while I was working out! In the middle of a plank! I just say no thank you. Same with all the co workers and anyone else. Just keep saying no thank you and don't give it another thought! I find it interesting to see how everyone else reacts and gives advice. No thank you! You owe no one any further explanation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonMoon View Post
There is a saying I love "Other people's opinion of you are none of your business"

I think I have always been pretty good at this. People do comment. At work, friends, family. I am an introvert so prefer to keep my motivations and decisions private...

I usually listen, smile and nod... then move on to a new topic. What they are saying has more to do with them than us.

I totally agree and often use wannabeskinny's advice- just give a more general excuse... we have a lot of parties here at work and I will say, "Oh, later, I haven't had lunch yet" or something.

The only thing that bugs me is MY HUSBAND does this. So after many arguments, we have agreed that what goes in my mouth is MY business and vice versa... not up for comment or discussion. I know MY body and what it needs and don't need his "help."
Sassyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirti4thirty View Post
Abetterme here's a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Qsi...7062AB13F3A5DD

The video is titled

Everyone Becomes Medical Doctors Once You Start Losing Weight
Thanks

Last edited by abetterme; 03-08-2014 at 07:57 PM.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Whenever people say things like "you're starving yourself" to me, it feels like they're trying to undermine me in some way. Perhaps they're envious of my weight maintenance, perhaps they feel bad about their own weight challenges -- who knows. I usually tell them straight-up that I eat about 2,000 cals per day. End of discussion.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #24  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I've had very few people ever stick their nose into my business.....I don't know if i'm just doing something right(?) or just no one notices or cares(?)...either of which, i'm okay with that because i'm a very private person and don't want to share what i'm doing in any way

I have found that the answer "blood sugar issues" work in virtually any situation where i'm offered junk food....diabetes is such a well-known health issue (which I don't have and am trying to prevent) but any reference to blood sugar and NO ONE will press the issue or force food on me

I've been through a hugely sad, stressful time this past week and I've barely eaten anything...and I've found that NO ONE watches what I am or am not putting on my plate, whether I ate any of it or gave it to my son, or if I took anything at all....sometimes i'll mention to DH that i'm dizzy, which I think is an ear issue, and he always asks what I've eaten and once got on me at night for hardly eating that day....

but for my life....am I doing something right?...no one pays any attention to my food except somewhat DH
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote