Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 09:24 AM   #16  

Good morning everyone! I just finished breakfast, I had a great one! An egg white omelet with broccoli and a little cheese, one whole wheat english muffin and a V8. Hopefully that should keep away the 3 O'clock chocolate rush.
I went to the doc yesterday and was surprised to find out that my starting weight was actually 231. That means that I've been much more successful than I thought. YAY! It was wonderful to be able to tell him that I quit smoking, lost weight and developed an exercise plan. And I'm no longer depressed. I finally feel like I'm getting back on track.

Barb,
Glad to hear you are feeling better. It's never fun to be sick but at least it keeps us away from the fridge for a few days right?

2cute,
Thanks for the help with the ticks. I cleaned out the apartment last night and checked all the animals. I didn't see anything thankfully. My boyfriend brought home some tick repellant for all of them and we've applied it so hopefully we beat the little beasts. This mornings "tick check" was passed with flying colors.

Chrissy,
Welcome, I am glad that you found our thread too. I'm not currently in Curves, the same as you financially I can't spend money on my program. I have found tons of information on the internet and I've incorperated it into my own plan. If you are short on cash, try doing a little research online, you'll be surprised what you can find. The good part to that is you can pick and choose. Good luck!

Scribbles,
Welcome. I'm glad that you've found us also, go ahead and call this home!

I'm off to get some caffiene in me. I know it's bad, but I'll never ever give it up.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:45 AM   #17  

Good Morning Ladies,

I slept in a little bit this am, had to wrk late last night, after working day shifts sat/sun..wreaks havoc on my sleep schedule!
Glad to hear that you are all well!

Welcome Chrissy and Scribbles: This does feel like home, you have found the "best" group of girls!! It has helped me stay on track and has become a vital part of my day!

2 cute: I am so glad your sister is better....and the place your mom is...they should be accredited by someone?!!? Think I may be finding out who. There should be at least annual surveys from the State Dept of Public Health or Joint commission or someone! sounds like incompetence to me! okay, off my I worked in Social Services for years, guess it is just my propensity to feel outraged, but....unfortunately not at all surprised!

Congrats to all who are losing and exercising!! You rock gals!!

sw 356 June 5th/348.8 June 24th
cw 346/next weigh in 7/24 continue making healthier choices and continue exercising
first goal: lose 50 lbs.
final goal:130 AND I WILL DO IT!!
first goal lose

dixie darlin...I will try and leave you a p.m, want us to get togehter and meet sooon!

To all the rest of you folks...have a good morning!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:10 AM   #18  

Angry

Good Morning Ladies

I just want to say thank you for the very warm welcome, i do think i have found a home. i have tried to find a pic to put under my name..im not sure if i did it right so this post is gonna be my test too. I have been a very lazy butt this morning, right now its 11 and im still in my pjs but right now im gonna throw some cloths on and go and do my curves. also the only food i have left in my house is the bad stuff. So im gonna behave and get some good stuff. i always seem to be better when i have a choice.. doesnt mean i always take the fruit over the cookie but i do try.

Well i'll be back later ladies, have a wonderful day and thank you for such a warm welcome, i feel like im home
Old 07-15-2003, 11:33 AM   #19  

Hello again,

Got that walk in...! as I was putting on my socks and tennis shoes, little negative thoughts came back in saying.." I really don't want to do this today", fortunately it was just a passing thought, because I turned it around and talked to myself and said get your @*! up girl, you are going to do this and I did, felt okay as soon as I started, and by the time I finished the mile, I was

If any of you are over 40 you will probably be able to identify with this: most months I have my period at least 2 wks, and sometimes 3, have terrible cramps and what I call "gushes" that just "seem to come out of nowhere", yesterday nothing..and today it is back!!!ugh!! I wear a pad everyday!!! just in case. I started seeing small changes at 37yrs old, and they have increasingly become worse. It is my hope that exercising will minimize it! Any pointers??? other than a hysterectomy?? Which I am seriously considering!!! I cannot even think about doing this for another 10 years!!!!

Okay that is my gripe today, just wanted to get that out!!

Skribbles...glad you came back! congrats on checking out Curves!

Natalie..way to go chickie!! you are doing great
2cute..great to see you back! missed you

everyonelse....have a great day...I will ck in this afternoon..stay
Old 07-15-2003, 12:22 PM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hey guys!

Do you see how much I think about you guys!? I can't even leave you alone while I'm on vacation! We are about to leave my friend's house in Maryland in a few minutes to head to CT, but I just had to stop in and say hello.

We are having a real good time except for a lovely oil leak. Other than that, all is well.

I miss you guys tons and I hope you are all doing well. Even though I'm on vacation, I have been doing very well eating wise. I hope you all be good and I should be seeing Kat soon!

Take care and I love you all!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Cool Bad DOG!

Can you believe it?
I miss one day of walking last Saturday and now my dog does not want to go walking with me. It was a struggle yesterday to get him going he kept staying behind until I whistled to him but he came. And then today he wouldn't even come past the street even with my calling and whistling for him, and of all things I saw a coyote today running accross my road. Scarred me though as I didn't even have a stick or my dog with me.
I think my dog got lazy because I had started to fed him a half hour before we go on our walk, oh yes it's not that hot either and there is a couple of places for him to drink water if he needs it.
It's a good thing I also carry my cell phone with me or I wouldn't have went walking. Well, now his morning feedings are going to end, he's just gonna have to wait till I get home.
For sure I am gonna look for another DOG too.
I'll be checking back lighter on you all, have a great day.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:37 PM   #22  

OMG, these new smiles are gonna be a blast....check this out.

When your mad at hubby and want to beat him over the head

Flowers for all of you

Hummmmm wrestling???

Something was not so good

Little snack time

Cheers to you....
and others....

Hugs to all of you....
Sandy
Old 07-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

I love it
Old 07-15-2003, 02:01 PM   #24  

Nothing like waking up to both cat butt in your face and a lawn mower going outside (Yes, Moron Neighbors were at it again). Blecch. So much for my appetite for breakfast. Lunch fared much better, though.

Tina, dahling! So glad to see you are having a good time and that things are going well! Keep up the excellent work! You can do this !

Ahh, Joanne, those tempermental animals...miss one day of routine, and they tend to get sniffy on us, don't they? I feel your pain; I've gone through the same snootiness with the cat brats.

6+ pounds, Terri? Holy moly! You go with your bad self! Hopefully the snake crisis has also passed. Yecch.

2Cute: Were your mother's caregivers brought up in a barn? I'd be asking to speak to a supervisor PDQ. Forgetting Mom's meds like that could be dangerous. Glad to hear Sis is doing better, though

I may have to delay the trip to California, if I end up going at all, until fall. First, the pet sitter I use for the cat brats wouldn't be available until then (and I won't board them because Noah develops behavioral "problems" when left outside my home and Tigger tends to run away), and Brian's parents and brother Zack are going to Japan for a couple of weeks around the 15th of August (my appointment with the WLS doctor in Pittsburgh is on the 18th), and (drum roll)........

BRIAN HAS A JOB AFTER GRADUATION!!!!

It's 81 degrees today, but a bit humid. I may take a walk later when it gets a bit cooler.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:17 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Just a Short Post

Okay-I just had to check out the new smilies for myself. Even though I should be cooking dinner since the hubby will be home soon. In fact-I think that I will just have to come back later. Things are kind of crazy here and I will vent later. So I'll see all of you soon.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:09 PM   #26  
Walking by faith

Angry Hi Ladies!

Gone for a few days and they change everything !

Seriously, I like the new look; and Boy, is this thread growing!

Welcome to you skribbles! I hope you enjoy being part of this group. I'm a newbie too, and these ladies have made me feel right at home.

Thin, good job with the 2 lbs loss.

Joanne, sounds like your getting your exercise in. Keep up the good work!

Barb, I hope you and your DH will be feeling better soon. I HATE stomach bugs!

Weigh in at TOPS tomorrow, and I'm working on getting back on track. I had a BAD weekend, eating wise. Fatigue and worry are my 2 biggest triggers, and I had both going on at once. Sometimes I just have to put everything in God's hands and let Him take care of it for me.

Hope everyone is having a great week~
Old 07-15-2003, 07:19 PM   #27  

Just dropped in to say "hi". I just checked out the new smilies - they're soooo cool!

I walked one lap inside the mall before I got to work. Having a good food day too.

Glad to see Tina popped in while on vacation; see how much she loves us??

I've got to get started on these reports. I'll will check in later.

Is there a way that I can attach the computer guy smiley to my signature???
Old 07-15-2003, 08:30 PM   #28  

Hi girls. Just finished posting on my new journal, I'm so glad it's up and running now. I am finding the journaling very helpful. May I suggest if you don't have to to get one! I love it.

I must say that the new smilies are really cute. I mean they were all adorable to begin with but everytime I look I let out a new "eek"

I just wanted to stop in and say hi, I'm off to the internet to search for a better weight training routine. Any ideas?
Old 07-15-2003, 11:27 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Big week this week. I slept on the couch all evening and didn't get any of my paperwork done! BIG mistake. Now I'm behind.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is my mom's 82nd Birthday. We'll be taking her out to dinner.

Thursday, we are going on a river cruise. It includes a buffet dinner. We've been the past two years in a row and it really is a lovely outting. Hope the weather holds out. This year I was able to sell tickets to a bunch of our friends so it's going to be an even more wonderful time!

Friday we're leaving for the weekend. Going to my BIL and SIL's cabin up north. They've had it for several years and we've never been invited before. Can't wait to see it. They are not "low fat, low calorie" people at all, so I'm not looking forward to the food for the weekend.

2cute: Glad your mom and sister are doing better. Geez, nursing homes are the pitts. You've got to be on top of every move. YIKES!!!

JoeAnne: Golly, sweetie, I just saw on the news about 6,000 acres burning in AZ. Is that anywhere near you????? Hope you're safe.

Connie: Has your brother tried Vitamin E for his leg cramps??? Two days back on it and mine are gone again. I take 800 IU's per day.

Barb: I think my sleepiness is due to PMS rather than being tired.

Justme: I bet your doctor was thrilled at all your progress. Good for you. As far as the caffeine? We all have to have at least one vice. Can't give up everything!!!

Pam: YIKES! Split shifts. I don't know how you do it!!! * As far as mother nature? I can't help you. I'm 49 and my GYN can't figure out why I'm still regular and have no hot flashes.

Skribbles: I'm jealous. How do you get the cute smilies you're using? They're not included in the new ones that we've got available to us.

Tina: You sweet thing, checking in while you're gone. Enjoy the rest of your journey.

Sandy and Mary: You're having entirely too much fun with the smilies. But you're not posting. What's up with that????

Lori: What a great way to get up in the morning: cat butt and mower! OMG!

Amanda: Sorry things aren't going just right at your place. We're here to listen when you need us.

Homebound: Good luck at your WI (not Wisconsin) at TOPS tomorrow. Sorry the weekend wasn't your best.

Duckie: Congrats on the new car. I bet it's lovely.

Terri: Sorry I missed you last time. Hope you're doing well today.

We have some MIA's: Michelle, Andria, Steph, Sara, Lucky, Barbara, Kat. Where are all you guys??? Check in soon. If you don't we'll just have to start talking about you and you sure don't want that!!!

I'm gonna run. Bedtime again. See you all later.

"He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, and will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today." - Tryon Edwards

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-15-2003 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:52 PM   #30  

Good Evening Ladies,

My day has come to an end, and it has been a good one, a healthy one.

Got my water in..and my walking today, feeling so much stronger, and I stayed busy all day! What use to exhaust me to even think about, is not even phasing me now!! I am becoming a go-getter again! Cant describe it, except this time I know I will do it, is different, as I mentioned before, it is a matter of life and death with me, I was killing myself with food!
trying to fill a void, and no matter how much I ate I still felt , truthfully I felt completely empty, and miserably stuffed at the same time. Years..........too many to think about, I wasted feeling so lonely, but you know what I am not lonely anymore, I have found all of you, and I am not going to go back to those days when I use to isolate and eat, and cry and sleep, this is what I deserve...this life, I thank you all for being a part of it! you are all angels!

good night all!

Pam
Closed Thread