3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/293287-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-march-2014-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 03-06-2014 07:09 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Element's PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1420 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 165.2 (TTOM)
Down: .8

Have a great day!

Skettihead03 03-06-2014 08:21 AM

Good morning everyone!

I finally went to bed last night at a normal time (go figure I wake up at 4 am and have been up ever since) but plan to have a full, 3 planned meals day and get my exercise in.

Diana - I will definitely consider the protein bars for when I am on night shift, I know I should eat more. Good job on the -.8!!! :cheer2:

So here's whats going on with me for today

Weigh in : 311.4 (-1.2)

B - 2 eggs & 1 white scrambled with peppers, onions, carrots and spinach
L - Sauteed veggies & brown rice in wheat tortilla
D - Probably need to eat out, so planning on having a salad as most places have this option
S - Plain yogurt with walnuts & raisins, 1 plum

Exercise - 30 minutes yoga, 30 min punching bag, 1 hour walking mod pace

I've been on a no-meat cleanse for the past few days and I am already starting to feel amazing. I have a lot more energy than you'd think. I feel hungry less, and my cravings for sugar are going away quickly. :D

Munchy 03-06-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 4957498)
Munchy Did you get the chicken wings? :D

I wish! I left work a little later than expected, picked up the little one who just HAD to accompany me to Trader Joe's, then we had to pick up the girl scout cookies that she sold. We got home after 6, and the casserole would be ready for 7ish, so I did a quick meal instead. My daughter is only 6 and has an 8pm bedtime so that's a late dinner for her.

I bought a ready made polenta with spinach and carrots from Trader Joe's and pan seared some tilapia. 300 calories total. I had two salted dark chocolate caramel squares too, so my total for yesterday was 801 - on the low side.

Tonight is boyfriend's choice. Thursday nights we have dance class and girl scouts, so we don't get home until 7:15. I make her something while I walk her through homework and pack lunches while she eats. I'll have around 500 calories to spare for our adult dinner, so it doesn't matter what he makes. I have some turkey veggie burgers that I made a few weeks ago in the freezer, so maybe he'll pull those out, but he usually goes for rice or brown rice pasta and plenty of veggies for me.

Chicken wings will happen soon! ;)

Radiojane 03-06-2014 10:37 AM

Supper actually turned out to be Salmon pinwheels and brussel sprouts, and I did indulge in mini blizzard with my bf, which pushes yesterdays total calories to 1900.

Exercise: 30 minute swim & 20 minute walk/fetch session with the dog.

Got my 30 minute swim in already this morning, supposed to lunch with a friend, but she may have to cancel, in which case I'll just fast again until dinner. Hoping to see some scale improvement tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

CoolMom75 03-06-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelijpa (Post 4957466)
coolmom that's great you can go camping! Camping here now, way, way too cold...and I love camping...we're going to camp in NC in April, can't wait, also music festival, eating will be off for sure those days...lol

Kelujpa, the cabins have heaters! It has warmed up nicely but the rain proved to be too much for the hiking I wanted to do. One nice thing about campground camping this time of year, middle of the week, is we have the entire park to ourselves.

CoolMom75 03-06-2014 11:49 AM

I entered in all the food I ate, while on our adventure, into Lose It and my weekly graph is flipping me the bird with that high calorie day. Ha! 3346 cals on Tuesday, 1214 yesterday. I weighed in and am up 3-4 pounds from my most recent low.

Last night I roasted all the veg. Back on plan!

Breakfast:
Egg with feta
Roasted beets and potato
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Sautéed kale and cabbage
Roasted beets
Blob of cottage cheese

Dinner:
Farçou
Applesauce
Sautéed cabbage

Total cals 1131

Steelslady 03-06-2014 12:53 PM

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day! Still cold, but at least sunny today in New Hampshire!

Here is yesterday's menu:

Breakfast- 1 100 calorie pack of smoked almonds- 2 grams
1 snack sized Snickers- .5

total for breakfast 2.5

Lunch- Tuna fish on high fiber bread- 6
iceburg lettuce- .5
okra chips- 6
Kashi Black Bean BBQ Chips- 8

total for lunch: 20.5

snack-
6 pieces of Chinese Chicken leftover from day before- 0

dinner-
high fiber pasta salad made with a boiled egg, garden sweet pickles, Hellman's light mayonaise, black pepper- 10 grams
1 hot dog roll- 1
1 beef hot dog with lots of German hot mustard
1 snack sized Snickers bar- .5

total for dinner- 11.5

Yesterday, I lost that pound that I gained from water weight and another 4 ounces. Today, I weigh the same as yesterday, 296.6. For some reason yesterday, I was in a grazing mood, plus I was tired from swimming the day before. Plus, seeing it snow outside again really annoyed me- so tired of this long and COLD winter- bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :mad: I did manage to ride my recumbent bike for an hour last night. Hopefully, I'll be more energetic today. Have a great day, everyone!

total for the day- 34.5

shr1nk1ngme 03-06-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolMom75 (Post 4957863)
I entered in all the food I ate, while on our adventure, into Lose It and my weekly graph is flipping me the bird with that high calorie day. Ha! 3346 cals on Tuesday, 1214 yesterday. I weighed in and am up 3-4 pounds from my most recent low.

Last night I roasted all the veg. Back on plan!

Wow that's a lot of calories. But the amazing thing is, it is only a tiny amount of actual weight (aside from temporary water retention and fiber, ummm, passing through). Glad you got back on track. It's so easy to derail and then stay derailed.

-----------

2/28: 145.8 - pre-retreat
3/3:147 - http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/im...frown_2011.gif Gained even though I was sooooo gooood on retreat
3/5: 146.0 - almost back to pre-retreat weight
3/6: 145.6 - back on track

-----------
My goal for March is to lose eight pounds.
http://sfgm.lilyslim.com/1t6Km8.png

CoolMom75 03-06-2014 03:03 PM

Shr1nk1ingme, I just think about when I'd eat like that every day! Ack! I ate good all day but then got the "special" at the mexican restaurant. A random equivalent on LoseIt put's the dish over 2000. Crazy. I had no trouble packing it in. :P

Syckgirlsfv 03-06-2014 06:41 PM

again, got too busy to post til now and I'm leaving in 5 minutes so here goes:

oh by the way everyone who is cold...it's 73 here in L.A. today!!! We had about 2 days of winter...I'm ok with that!

B - re-fried beans (instant) w/scramble egg whites and green salsa
L - 2 slices leftover Papa John's pizza
I forgot to eat my apple I brought for snack today
D - school tonight so quick turkey or salmon patty, cheese, ZOODLES! maybe some sweet potato fries (baked)

later!

novangel 03-06-2014 08:13 PM

I'm still around and doing well. :) I'm running almost everyday, today was 4 miles. Not much else to report so I've been kind of quiet lately. I'm just relieved that warmer weather is on the way and TOM is gone.

It seems I have found some serious motivation somewhere...I hope it stays. :crossed:

Diana3271 03-06-2014 09:26 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Our friend Danny had his full body CT scan today. He had bladder cancer. It has now moved to all the bones in his upper body, spine, etc. The Dr. said there is nothing else that can be done and they give him 4-6 months. He put up a good fight. Sometimes I wonder about getting cancer treatments. It seems like I don't know anyone who made it though treatments or who the treatments have been successful. Cancer is such a horrible disease.

Miniapplecocoa Good job on all the walking!

Ian
It's good to see you!

Skettihead Good job on the exercise!

Munchy
Sounds like yesterday was a busy one for you.

Radiojane Have you found a new yoga teacher, yet?

CoolMom Good job getting right back on plan.

Steelslady
Good job on your weigh in.

Shr1nk1ngme
Hi :wave:

Syckgirlsfv Did you figure out the accounting problem?

Novangel
Great job on the running.

Diana3271 03-06-2014 09:28 PM

Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)

Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Haddock 300 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes w/5's
GYBB Core Strength

novangel 03-06-2014 10:49 PM

Diana, i'm sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is the worst. :(

Steelslady 03-07-2014 02:12 AM

Diana, I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is just a ***** in my books. Not only did I lose my Mother (as a matter of fact, yesterday was the 21st anniversary of her death) to kidney cancer, we recently lost my beloved Mother-in-law to gallbladder and liver cancer- this woman never smoked, drank, lived a clean and healthy life style, and she died a horrendous death like my Mom. To make matters worse, my youngest daughter watcher her grandmother die of this horrible disease while having cancer herself- she almost wanted to give up on life herself, after seeing what happened to her grandmother. She was so scared, saying "I don't want to live through that and suffer!". What do you say to someone who has it? I just feel so bad for your friend right now- what a brutal sentence he's going through- to go through all of that, and then be told there's nothing more they can do!

I told my daughter, I lost her twin at birth, I refuse to lose her too. I think the most painful conversation in my entire life was when two weeks ago, when her doctor said she will get cancer again, and perhaps it may be starting up again (they are questioning a lymph node and there might be another tumor starting to grow- they're hoping the radiation treatment she's receiving in July wipes both problems out), is that should the time come when she has no choice but to leave us, we will be there right to the end with her. Even her siblings, bless their hearts, have promised she will never be alone, in case my husband and I are no longer around. My heart was just so heavy, I felt like throwing up, but I told her we were NOT going to live for cancer, and she is going to college next fall to be a dental assistant and is to live life to the fullest, while we are diligent about her labs and scans. She just returned from a lovely cruise that she got to visit three different countries two weeks ago- I told her the other night, it's a good thing she didn't give up back then, because look what she would have missed? She smiled and said, "you're right, Mom!"

Has your friend looked into an alkaline diet? I've heard from some folks that cancer cells supposedly can't live in an alkaline environment. I've read stories about how some folks were told there was nothing more they could do for them, then they tried that diet, and some of them actually had success with the cancer cells dying off. It might be worth a shot, right? I don't think it could hurt to check it out.

He will be in my thoughts and prayers, as well as you. So sorry you have to watch a dear friend go through this. Sometimes, life just isn't fair. :(