Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 24 of 35
Go to
  • I'm annoyed today. Up 2 pounds, no doubt due to yesterday's lunch and the booze from Sunday. ARGH! I am in one of those moods where I am frustrated that the scale doesn't move as quickly as it used to...I hate it! I'm stuck in the 160s and I'm 5'8 but we shrink as we get older so if I shrink to 5'7 then I'm not ok anymore! I really need to get back to 150 but it's harder than ever

As much as I really don't want to, it looks as though I will have to SBD it starting next week...phase 1 is such a *****, though! GRRRR

Ok, rant over. Going for a long bike ride after work today, before I start studying for my accounting final tomorrow. Here's my menu today:

B - re-fried beans/egg whites/green salsa
    S - yesterday's peach that I didn't eat
    L - veggie elbow pasta/marinara/cottage cheese
    D - not sure, would like chicken cordon blue and zoodles.

Wine at bedtime...hey ladies, do you think that having wine nightly is keeping me from losing? Even if I'm adding it in to my calories? I know alcohol affects the way we metabolize our food, I just hoped that since wine is only 13% that it wouldn't be so...
  • Quote: Wine at bedtime...hey ladies, do you think that having wine nightly is keeping me from losing? Even if I'm adding it in to my calories? I know alcohol affects the way we metabolize our food, I just hoped that since wine is only 13% that it wouldn't be so...
    I would suggest doing an experiment. Don't do SB, yet. Stop all wine and alcohol for a couple of weeks to see what happens. I have read that alcohol has a negative effect on the metabolism. I don't think it had a negative effect on Ian, so I think everyone is different. Try the experiment to see what happens.
  • Checking in after a little break.

I got my cardio started again with the class/instructor I absolutely love at the local rec center. Boot Camp, alternating with spinning classes. Surprisingly, the weeks of weight lifting conditioned me enough to make the classes less torture than I thought they would be.

Food intake and journaling is going well. The number on the scale is right where it has been for the last month or more but I tried on my smaller jeans and instead of a 5 inch spread between buttons, I was able to button them. They are still too tight to wear though. I hope I fit them soon because my current jeans are too big! Yay!

Keep up the fight everyone! I still lurk and read and cheer you on, even if I can't post daily. The internet is like another addiction for me, I need to step away sometimes.
  • UGH lost my post. Annoying.

146.6 this morning, down .6. Not complaining but not holding my breath.

B: smoothie, 2 eggs scrambled.
    S: cranberry-blueberry muffin my coworker baked (probably pretty healthy as far as muffins go, she's all about replacing/reducing oil/butter.)
    L: Yogurt with kiwi, berries and walnuts; plum; 2 eggs scrambled.
    Dinner: Chicken breast with broccoli; baby carrots with hummus.

No workout today!
  • It's 1 am and I just got home. I can't stand to write personals again because writing in english takes a lot of time and I'm beat, I'm sorry! I just wanted to say that I made my goal!!! I won't stop here, of course, but I made it!!! I've been decorating my brother's grave and I've been in such a horrible mood and this was just what I needed. I'm so excited!

I went out to dinner today but I did pretty well. I even skipped the dessert!

Breakfast: Yogurt with some cornflakes that had dried red fruit in them.
    Lunch: An apple and two oatmeal and honey cookies.
    Dinner: Salad (plain lettuce again), this thing that's like a mozzarella stick but it also has bacon in it, chicken breast and 10 french fries.
    I also had two cups of coffee. One of them with a cookie. That's 1322 calories.

I hit goal you guys!!! It took me 4 years minus 3 months but I did it!
  • Congratulations on meeting your goal, Marniadec!!

B: cappuccino, hot cereal w/banana
    S: pineapple, handful of nuts
    L: chipotle pepper hummus, snap peas, chicken quinoa salad, whole grain tortilla chips
    S: barley miso broth, 1/2 handful of nuts
    D: lemony cilantro chicken, spinach with lentils
    S: 2 peanut butter filled pretzels

good day of wholesome food & portion control today
  • Congratulations, Marniadec!!!!!!! That is such an accomplishment!
  • Way to go Marniadec!!!!!
  • it's spring break here...that means I get up at 6 a.m. and go for a run/walk at the gym before going to work for a full day straight with no breaks/lunch...I did take a lunch today, which was nice...lots of students but i'm not super busy which is also nice....however i'm struggling with the same issues as last summer, where I keep wanting to eat, i'm around food All The Time and i'm so impulsive that I don't have the willpower to stay away from it and it's almost entirely carbs...ugh....I've got to come up with a strategy to manage my summer eating or i'm never going to get any more weight off *sigh*
  • marniadec wonderful news!

roadbikerchick I've been wondering about you, congrats on the grand baby and sorry to hear about your parents' accident, glad they're ok.

Had a good day, got in my exercise, no snacks at work, think I'm going to bed early tonight, have a good night everyone
  • Awesome job, marniadec!
    Welcome back, roadbikerchick!

Today was stressful. I didn't sleep enough last night and had lab practical today. Glad it's over, but my severe calorie restriction caught up with me today. I got a pretty bad headache at around 3, even though I did bring a salad for lunch. So, I had a 1/4 cheeseburger for supper and I will even allow for a snack later if I feel like it. Besides that, I had a fried egg and piece of toast for breakfast, a salad with two pieces of turkey bacon and cucumber, a piece of cinnamon raisin toast and a small bit of chocolate.

As far as exercise goes tonight, it's a stern no. I did think about it but not going for it. I will definitely get at it in the morning, though!
  • Syckgirlsfy, I know what you mean, which is unfortunate about getting older. I'm 53 and I can attest to the slow weight loss. But all we have is time.

B: 2 pieces of dry toast
    L: Half turkey sandwich, medium fries from McDonalds
    S: Small ice cream cone
    D: Half peanut butter and raisen sandwich and salad.
  • Hi Everyone!

DH is having issues with dinner again. We eat out a lot and he gets tired of the same thing over and over. He always eats different foods but is still tired of everything. I eat the same foods every day and I don't get tired of it. Go figure. He's one of those people who is never happy. I like how I eat because I can eat a lot of food for lower calories. We ate where he wanted to eat tonight and I'm still hungry. He literally came home and fixed him something else to eat. He always eats snacks at night but he ate a whole meal again when we got home. I started taking my Synthroid at night. I am hoping that will help with my absorption issues. Since I take the meds at night now, I cannot eat anything else. Ha Ha I don't have issues with night time eating but tonight I would have probably eaten something else because I am literally hungry. I guess the Synthroid at night will be good for something.

Thekiwi Great job on your weigh in.

Kelijpa OMG! Icebergs! That's awful! Great job on your day. Rest well.

Carabelle Hi

Noshoes Great job sticking with your lifestyle change.

Laciemn Great job keeping things in moderation, yesterday. Sorry today was a stressful one for you. Hope tomorrow is better.

Roadbikerchick Welcome back! Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Miniapplecocoa Hi

CoolMon Congrats on the jeans fitting better.

Marniadec Congrats on meeting your goal!

Newleaf Congrats on your day!

Alaskanlaughter Any thoughts on a strategy? I think it would be difficult for me too. Wishing you the best to figure something out.

Waterbunny Good job on your day.
  • Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
    3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
    Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
    Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    3 chicken satay w/peanut sauce 300 calories
    4 Fresh Basil Spring rolls w/sauce 400 calories
    I looked the calories up online. I am unsure about the calories but feel they are somewhat close. Did I mention earlier that I AM STILL HUNGRY?

Exercise:
    GYBB Pyramid Power w/5's
    GYBB 60 Second Slimdown
  • I bought a pair of jeans today that I actually LIKE and they fit well it is LEI brand at Walmart and size 13 junior.....I was SHOCKED that I could fit something that small...I remember trying to stuff myself into that size years ago and I only tried them on because they were on sale super cheap....figured i'd try to squeeze into them and not be too sad when I need a bigger size and surprise (!) they actually fit really well and not at ALL tight