Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 12 of 35
Go to
  • Total Approx 1255 Calories +
    My calories were a little lower but I felt full/satisfied all day

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
    Chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel 440 Calories
    fruit cup 60 calories

Dinner (360 Calories)
    Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
    steamed veggies 80 calories

Exercise:
    Dana Pieper's EveryBody Fitness Cardio Quick Fix
    Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog
  • Diana, I pay 13 bucks for 5-6 ounces of shad roe. So he'd best love the stuff!

It is delicious.

And so good for you.

I am going to keep gobbling the stuff as long as it is still in season.
  • OK here we go.......

B: Nuts/raisens mixture
    L: Cearsar salad
    S: Apple
    D: Left over Tex Mex from Cheesecake Factory
    S: Tostitos & piece of chocolate
  • Hi everyone -- alaskan, that was really cool of the airline. I hope it helped. Welcome back Ian!

My power has been out since Thursday, or I might have posted. We got a bad hail storm Thursday night which wreaked havoc on the trees. There are trees down everywhere and they took the power lines with them.

I haven't been concerned with dieting, really. I have probably eaten quite a bit more out of boredom. Happily, spring break is coming up! Back on the diet / exercise tomorrow!
  • First family birthday party since new commitment to weight loss. Able to avoid soda, bread basket, and loaded baked potatoes. Not sure how the scale will look tomorrow but am counting today as a victory. Thanks!
  • we are home now....I ate pizza tonight after we got home....our house is a mess because we left in such a hurry...I weighed myself tonight and I lost 6 pounds since last weekend...eek! normally I struggle to lose anything....i'm going to bed as soon as I finish my food....somehow I made it through this week and stayed strong for everyone and as soon as I stepped off the plane at home, I felt like I was going to collapse....i'll sleep good tonight and get back to work tomorrow....I am wiped out
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1255 +
    Weigh In: 164.8
    Down: .4

Have a great start to your week.
  • Yesterday's Calories: 1443
    Today's Weight: 176

B - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/ Whipped Cream Cheese & Nutella (open-face, not together)
    L - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/ Chicken Breast and Avocado + Sweet Potato Chips
    S - Fiber One Lemon Bar
    D - 100 Calorie Popcorn + Sweet Potato Chips + Dried Beef
    S - Chocolate Peanut Butter Sundae Ice Cream

I kinda just snacked on things in the later half of the day. I was still under my calorie limit, so I'm happy. I had a more realistic weigh-in of 176 today. Gym later.
  • Ian -- I was thinking about you a few weeks back when I was talking to a friend about Lutefisk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk). That is the only fish I don't like in this world (so far). Wonder if you could stomach it?
  • I would give that a go Sum! The only fish I avoid, or limit, are very oily ones. I had some butterfish in Thailand and some smoked halibut once in Belgium that were so oily, I had to rush to the toilet. I draw the line at those.

Down 1lb today to a new record low of 161.8lbs. This will not stick (gain day tomorrow) but wow.

Nevertheless, I will watch my calories like a hawk today to get as much of a stick as I can get. One thing I am noticing is that I am a lot less bloated at the moment. Calories will be about 1500 today.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
    Breakfast
    oats 5 300 8 54
    Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
    dried apricot 0 32 0 9
    honey 0 21 0 6
    Coffee 3 25 0 1
    Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
    Coffee 3 25 0 1
    Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12

Lunch
    quails eggs 3 42 4 0
    Skipanon Smoked sturgeon 2.8 132 24 0
    East Point shrimp 2 100 22 0
    Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
    anchovies 2 65 10 0
    Honey 0 64 0 17
    Mushroom 0 2 0 0
    Red onion 0 8 0 2
    Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
    Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 48 1463 127 127
    Weight 161.8
    Protein/weight ratio 0.78
    Targets based on weight Low High
    Calories 2265 2589
    Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 33 49
    20% less calories to cut 1812

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training before work. Will run about 3 miles outside before lunch.
  • Sum48 We eat Lutefisk every Christmas. It's palatable with a heavy cream sauce (which makes it slightly less than diet friendly).

Alaskan glad you're home.

Down 1.5 this morning. Almost done fighting through this water weight. I'm a little afraid I'm going to have the same problem I did last time; I'll get down to where I was and that will be the day of my bf's surprise party and I'll be back up to where I was the next day! I may abstain from everything just to avoid that frustration!

Didn't run the dog yesterday because he pooped himself out watching me clean the vehicles, so we'll go out today. Will do my swim at lunch, although I'm dreading getting dressed after because I'm all gussied up and "gussied" requires spanx, which in turn require acrobatics.
  • Hey everyone!

Trying to stay positive but just been feeling frustrated the past couple days. I know it's not a miracle or overnight process but I feel with my size and the amount of effort I'm putting in, I should be losing more than I am.

Weigh in 313.0 (still no idea why I'm up.)

B - 1 wheat english muffin & 1 apple
    L - Mixed salad, cucumbers, green red yellow peppers, onions, zucchini, raw broccoli, little bit of mozarella cheese, no dressing.
    D - Veggie burger, whole wheat deli flats bun, 1 slice provolone cheese. Side of steamed green beans
    S - Plain yogurt with raisins, 1 plum

Exercise - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1 30 minute video
    That's all because I work night shift tonight and need to sleep before work
  • it may be Monday...but it's a BEAUTIFUL day!!!!
    this was the weirdest, warmest, shortest winter I can ever remember, and I was born here in So. Cal. Mid to high 70's all week this week...but the only thing is, we really do need some rain. Those two days weren't nearly enough!

Today's menu:
    B - only half of a banana bread weight control oatmeal (I somehow didn't use enough water and it didn't mix right, tasted awful so threw it out)
    L - low carb wrap/deli turkey/jarlsberg light swiss/baby spinach
    S - fuji apple
    D - unsure - we have chicken and burgers leftover from last night's grill-fest so maybe fix some pasta and sauce with the chicken cut up in to it. And asparagus! I love asparagus.

We're going for a bike ride when I get home this evening. Yesterday's gym workout was PROPER. My chest hasn't been this sore in months, and neither has my back. Also did 22 minutes on treadmill afterwards. I'm still tired!
  • Radiojane Are you Scandinavian?
  • I am. both my grandmothers had Norwegian parents. My paternal great grandparents actually emigrated from Vestre Slidre in the early 1900's. I'm a big fan of lefse! My Danish in laws eat Lutefisk too.