3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Do you stop eating after a certain time of day? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/293056-do-you-stop-eating-after-certain-time-day.html)

2feelbetter 02-22-2014 09:23 PM

Do you stop eating after a certain time of day?

Do you stop eating after a certain time of day? I noticed a friend of mine at work the other day had lost a lot of weight. I asked her how she did it she said she basically stopped eating after 6:30 p.m. She also said she had been drinking red tea.

GlamourGirl827 02-22-2014 10:31 PM

I try to...8pm.. but I dont always stick to it. I'd say once a week I eat late at night, and tonight is that night lol...apples n pb yum! haha

Palestrina 02-23-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2feelbetter (Post 4949296)
Do you stop eating after a certain time of day? I noticed a friend of mine at work the other day had lost a lot of weight. I asked her how she did it she said she basically stopped eating after 6:30 p.m. She also said she had been drinking red tea.

Yes, usually I stop at dinner time which is anywhere between 6:30-8pm. We don't eat dessert or after dinner snacks and I'm in bed usually by 11 if not earlier. I also have found not much need to eat before 10 or 11 am eventhough I'm awake by 6:30am every morning. A lot of people swear by this type of time restriction, it's called intermittent fasting.

mars735 02-23-2014 10:55 AM

If I stop eating by ~7p, I'm up at 330 ready to start the day. To stay asleep until 530a, I have a small protein-ish snack right before going to bed ~1030p.

BigChiefHoho 02-23-2014 11:10 AM

No. I tend to think it's all 'calories in vs. calories out,' and the time that you eat them doesn't matter. It might be easier for some people to eat fewer calories if they restrict eating to a certain time period, but for me I like to space it all out through the day and have a bit before bedtime too.

Terra1984 02-23-2014 11:25 AM

I dont have a certain time I stop eating, I used to but I dont anymore and Im still loosing weight so its okay

yoyoma 02-23-2014 11:26 AM

I have an eating window, so I don't eat after 8:30 PM (but I also don't eat before 6 PM).

I agree that it's about energy balance, and people should find the way of eating that works for them to maintain an energy deficit to lose weight. Choosing to avoid eating close to bed time can be helpful for some people. When you sleep, your body naturally makes leptin (which helps make you feel full). So if you can manage to go to sleep and get a good night's sleep without eating something close to bed time, you get a bit of a clean slate hunger-wise in the morning.

amandie 02-23-2014 11:53 AM

I do, but not for weight loss reasons... I have bad reflux so I need to stop eating a few hours before bed, about 8-9pm.

I'm with BigChiefHoho on this one.

apo9 02-23-2014 11:57 AM

I try to stop eating after 8pm mainly because I think the types of foods one often eats after 8 is usually high in calories like chips and snack foods.Often I work till 9pm and if I get hungry I drink a scoop of whey protein powder in water and that gets me through the night.

Olivia7906 02-23-2014 02:12 PM

Yep, I'm an intermittent faster. I have an eating window and don't eat after a certain time period. But I get all my calories for the day in that eating window. For me, I like it. I think it works great. It also teaches me discipline and I've realized I don't need to eat all day everyday. I exercise twice a day and my energy levels are fine. The only day I don't do intermittent fasting is on Sunday.

freelancemomma 02-23-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 (Post 4949334)
I try to...8pm.. but I dont always stick to it.

Same here. If I eat beyond that time it's usually just a nibble, though.

F.

nelie 02-23-2014 05:01 PM

Night time eating isn't an issue for me and my husband tends to want to eat dinner late so no. We might eat dinner at 8pm but it is more about calories throughout the day. Now if you are a night time eater, where you eat after dinner, then it might help you.

TamTam 02-23-2014 09:48 PM

Hubby does not get home from work until 7pm or later so supper is the last meal of the day since it so late

Paulitens 02-23-2014 09:49 PM

I should because otherwise I get bored and snack on (sugar free/fat free/whatever free) candy. LOL. And also because otherwise I keep on drinking water and spend the whole night up peeing. Booh.

Vex 02-24-2014 09:52 AM

re:

I know it should make no difference when you eat, but I definitely do better at losing weight when i stop eating at 7, 8 at the latest.