Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I don't have a set time, but dinner is my last meal of the day. I typically eat around 7 and it's my biggest meal. Then by 8 I put my child to bed and stay away from the kitchen
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I usually stop eating each day at at midnight. After that I start a new day's eating again.

No, wait a minute, that is what I used to do every day. Now I frequently will have an apple or orange as a snack in the evening but I have stopped all of my former high calorie snacking and constant refrigerator raids.

Following the Volumetrics plan has greatly aided me in cutting out snacking because my new eating plan leaves me with a full feeling instead of being hungry all of the time.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I usually stop at dinner which is anywhere between 5pm and 7pm.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #19  
Petite and tiny!

Height: Less than 5"0'

So I don't mean to highjack this thread but, how do you people manage to stop eating so early?

My day is: at work by 8am with coffee, 11am is breakfast, 1pm snack only if I am hungry, 3pm I leave work, 4pm is lunch time, 6:30 to 8:30pm is gym time. So nothing under like 9:30 or 10pm is possible for me.
ggbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

I really don't think it matters if you eat late. Each person's body clock is different.

For example, some don't eat breakfast but I need to eat early in the morning because I'm a morning person and get up at around 4am. I also don't eat after dinner unless I'm hungry and by 10pm, I'm usually asleep anyway!
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I stop eating around 7pm and I go to sleep late (1-2am) and I wake up around 7am everyday. For me, it's been huge!! As a student I was always snacking as I was studying, when I stopped eating at 7pm I started noticing I didn't really need the food, it was more "oh im studying, let's get snack!!' type deal. A lot of unnecessary calories would add up in the form of white bread, refined sugars, and sugary coffees (easy 500+ cals)

I also feel MUCH better now, and I sleep better too! I think it's a personal preference though, I feel like it has helped me have control over food more than anything else
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbsy View Post
So I don't mean to highjack this thread but, how do you people manage to stop eating so early?

My day is: at work by 8am with coffee, 11am is breakfast, 1pm snack only if I am hungry, 3pm I leave work, 4pm is lunch time, 6:30 to 8:30pm is gym time. So nothing under like 9:30 or 10pm is possible for me.
My day is 9-11 nurse my tea, 11:30 breakfast, 2:30 lunch, 4pm snack, 4:30 gym, 6:30-7 dinner.

Most of my dinners are super quick. I cook, freeze, and portion on weekends so I can just microwave/bake/etc what I want to eat. If I don't pull out something already made, I'm eating 10 minute meals like quesadillas, breakfast for dinner, fish tacos, zucchini noodles, flatbread pizza, sardines and rice crackers, salads, stir fry, seafood, roasted veggies, microwaved baked potatoes, etc.

I don't like to spend a lot of time cooking or cleaning dishes during the week
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbsy View Post

I'm awake at 6:30am and go to bed around 11. My initial reaction to this is that there's an extra meal in here. Of course everyone is free to do what they want, especially when it's working for them so this is no judgment, I'm just saying that it stood out at me as there being an extra meal in there. Even if it's my first meal of the day, if I eat at 11am that is lunch, I would never think of calling it breakfast. As long as it's a good lunch I can easily get to 4pm for a snack, then have dinner.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #24  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I plan to eat 3 meals a day and finish by 7pm. I find i am practicing resolve this way and can deal with a little bit of hunger that i find later in the evening. But its important for me not to stay up late because then i do start to get hungry. I'm not so hungry in the morning but i make myself have breakfast anyway so as not to get my meal timings out of whack.

In certain types of buddhist monasteries, they finish eating at midday which is the traditional rule laid down by buddha. Although these days those who live in the monasteries full time have "drinks" at 5pm and although they deny it, they stock up on calories again with sweets at that time. Its said to be "medicine" of all things. But anyway when i was there, i tried to avoid doing that but i ate so many calories at lunch time that by the end of the month i was putting on weight. I did alright in the first two weeks but we always had so many yummy desserts that i had to try each of them. Well i didn't have to but i wanted to eat them more than i wanted to practice restraint. So yes i put on weight even though i wasn't eating after midday. Breakfast was between 6-7am.

So yes limiting your time will work so long as you are also controlling your total calories.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I don't have a set time, but dinner is my last meal of the day. I typically eat around 7 and it's my biggest meal. Then by 8 I put my child to bed and stay away from the kitchen
Yes me too, once I put the kid in bed I stay away from food thoughts. If I find myself getting hungry I put myself to bed lol. I once heard that late night eating is a signal for your body craving more energy, so it's best to just go to bed.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:33 AM   #26  
Began on 10/25/13

I usually don't eat for at least 4-5 hours before bed, and that's because I'm a stomach sleeper and find it uncomfortable to go to bed with food in my belly. Often I am rather hungry when I go to bed, but it doesn't really bother me. Then when I wake up in the morning, usually I'm not hungry right away (even if I was hungry when I went to bed and then slept for 7 hours), so I may not eat anything for 2 to 4 hours after getting up. That means there are usually about 15 hours between dinner and breakfast. Usually works fine for me!

I used to have acid reflux occasionally. Sometimes not at all for 2 or 3 months, then sometimes several days and nights in a row. Since I started trying to lose weight, it's gone away almost completely and I've only had it maybe once in 4 months. Not sure if it's because what I'm eating is different (I've cut back significantly on carbohydrates, but not fat and have increased the amount of meat and protein I consume) or if it's because I'm not eating before bed, but even when I wasn't trying to lose weight I didn't eat for a few hours before bed. The other day I also realized that I've not had a single headache since I started losing weight. It wasn't a problem before, but I had a headache once or twice a month.
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:54 AM   #27  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I've often wondered if acid reflux was caused by having too much food in the stomach. Though i know that some foods cause it - chocolate, alcohol and no doubt other foods.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

I work part time but my typical day would be.
Breakfast 7:30
Lunch Noon
Home by 3:30. Then the problems start as soon as I walk in the door I start snacking.
That's where all those calories come from.

Try to have dinner about 6pm then go to the gym.
Sometimes I switch it up and eat when I come back from the gym so that means I'm going to eat after 8pm

I always wonder when people eat their dinner that go to the gym.
My husbands theorynis he doen't want to workout after eating......so he doesn't workout
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 185/175/130-135

Height: 5'2"

I like to stop at about 8. but not for diet reasons. It's because I brush the kids' teeth at 9 and they can't eat after that, so i try not to either.
REmom0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 242-110kg/105.4 kilos/127-58kg

Height: 162cm

My last meal for the day is at 6pm which consists of steamed vegetables. I have found that it is much quicker to lose weight if I don't eat anything at night.
Makemethin80 is offline   Reply With Quote