Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default Bat Wiings

I know there are a million posts about flabby arms. I too suffer from this, and am always conscious of covering my upper arms up....3/4 sleeves are my savior! Anyway, has anyone out there truly thought their saggy arms would NEVER get toned and they actually did?

I'm wondering because I finally started toning exercises a few weeks ago at the gym. I always knew my muscles were weak and finally took the time to research the smart way to exercise (thanks to the many lovely ladies on this forum who posted so many great things about this and opening my eyes!). Anyway, I was changing at the gym, and when I had my bra on I took a good look at my arms and thought "My goodness they look better!" Yes there is still loose skin and stretch marks but they are noticeable smaller and my triceps area has shown some marked improvement. Now don't get me wrong, I know that nothing short of surgery would get rid of that unsightly skin but I'm certainly impressed that my arms appear even a bit better!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #2  

I just started a push up challenge yesterday hoping that I will see a difference. I never used to have bat wings, but as I've gotten older, I guess thats why, I am shocked at how flappy my arms are...It was just like wtf, one more thing to add to the things I gotta tone list...

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 02-22-2014 at 10:34 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #3  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

At some point after I'd lost about 40 lbs, I started working out at home. I worked out every morning in my nightgown and I just kept staring at my legs because there was so much loose skin there. I was certain that the more weight I lost, the worse it would get and I would require surgery. But now, at 90 lbs lost, I look way better. Because as it turns out, what we consider to be loose skin, is actually fat.

Pull the skin under your eyes. That is loose skin. When you pull the "loose skin" on your arms, you're actually grabbing fat. As you lose fat, it will get better. I've seen people claim that if you end up with less that 20% fat, it will disappear completely. I don't know if that is true but I know that I gained 80 lbs in 8 months and then lost 90 and I have no loose skin. I can pinch a tiny bit of it in some areas but people who've always been at a healthy weight can do that, too, it's not a problem. So, just keep losing weight.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote