3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   A Tiny Victory After The Holidays . . . (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/292566-tiny-victory-after-holidays.html)

doingmybest 02-07-2014 10:18 AM

A Tiny Victory After The Holidays . . .

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place but I have a small victory to share.

During the holidays, after being on WW since July, I reverted back to an old, bad behavior: I allowed myself to go off program to celebrate the holidays. So Halloween turned into Thanksgiving, which turned into Christmas, and then the New Year, then my husband's birthday etc. This time, however, I didn't binge and selected food more carefully while still enjoying some special treats. I did not weigh in because I was ashamed of myself.

I have been back on program for about a week and this morning, I gathered up the courage to get on the scale. I thought that I had ruined the progress that I made from July to October, but it turns out that I have gained only about 2 pounds since October. I can't begin to describe the guilt that I have been feeling and how much I avoided the scale. I did much better than I thought and now I am back to being motivated.

Thank you, Weight Watchers, for teaching me to eat more sensibly. Thank you, 3FCs for giving me a place to learn and share my feelings. In past years, I would have just given up and kept on gaining. Now, I feel that I have more support and control and can still enjoy special occasions. I have learned not to be so hard on myself and to just get right back on program with regular weighins no matter what.

dogdaysofdiets 02-07-2014 10:40 AM

Congratulations for getting back on track! I'm sure you were very relieved to only see a two pound increase. You maintained without even realizing it!

The key to my success has been holding myself 100% accountable and stepping on that scale even on the days I'd soooo love to avoid it. :D If I don't pay attention to my weight I will make slippery slope bad choices...been there, done that, not going back.

elvislover324 02-07-2014 12:20 PM

That's a huge victory, congratulations!!

I see a nutritionist and have weekly weigh-ins with her. She has taught me that the scale is just a number, it's more important to face the scale and acknowledge what it says (she puts it in better words than that!). Avoidance (i.e. not weighing in) is one of the biggest challenges we have on this journey.

Just think, only being up 2lbs is seriously amazing. Even if you were splurging and enjoying the holidays, only gaining that much means you were VERY conscious of what you were consuming. I have found myself to be much more mindful of portions, food options, etc. so even on my worst days, they are never as bad as my "olden" days.

I'm so excited for you, congrats again!

Mrs Snark 02-07-2014 02:12 PM

Yayayayaay! It can be so hard to step back on the scale, well done!