Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Cereal for breakfast = sugar

Your body needs more than sugar. The only cereal that I've ever seen in the super markets that does not contain sugar are Grape Nuts and Shredded wheat. But still, wheat for breakfast and no protein? It seems like the diet you describe is full of carbs and very low on protein. I can't speak for you but my body on that diet would get very hungry too, very very very hungry.
This what I thought too. More protein.You should have some protein even with a fruit snack. Also very low on fat. You need fat to burn fat. Add some good fats (olive oil, coconut oil etc.)

Last edited by patns; 02-05-2014 at 08:27 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Special K is probably the least satisfying food in the history of food.
This made me seriously I couldn't agree more.

I agree with everyone who has recommended reducing carbs (esp processed), increasing protein, and increasing calories. 1200-1400 and hardcore exercise is a recipe for big-time bingeing. BTDT.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #33  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I chose the path of more calories, no breakfast and a lot more exercise and found that to be sustainable.
Same here!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #34  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

p.s.- Wannabeskinny- gluten isn't sugar, it's wheat protein
I was going to say the same thing. Gluten is the absolute devil for me. Stupid wheat.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #35  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Dietitians are idiots, by and large. There - I said it.

As for solutions, are you open to actually hearing something other than what you're currently doing, or do you want advice on how to tweak your current diet instead of a complete change of mind and composition? Serious question - my advice would differ depending on what you're actually looking for.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

For a moment I thought I got called out as crazy for thinking cereal was not the best option and most likely the culprit of causing the shakes. I wasn't publically shaming anyone other than the stupid cereal companies who promise us the world, have managed to convince all of America that they're the perfect breakfast, and have delivered us nothing but sugar and cravings. I'm glad I'm not the only one who made the suggestion.

And I am NOT the carb police. It's all too easy to fill up on refined carbs but if cereal is your thing then go for it... but why not choose some whole food cereal? Like muesli or oatmeal? Why must it be processed refined wheat?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #37  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Aren't most dietitians primarily certified vehicles of the Big Grain/Corn Lobby?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I have to disagree with you here. If I eat two eggs I'll stay full much longer than if I eat the caloric equivalent in cereal.
Eating moderate protein, high FAT meals will give you the greatest satiety. I was skeptical about this premise at first until I tried it. Of course you can say that "everybody's different" etc. etc. but there are also controlled studies of this phenomenon.
And then there are people like me, who find that macronutrient composition makes no appreciable difference in satiety. I've also never experienced any changes in appetite or cravings (or mood) at different points in my menstrual cycle. It's basically about calories for me.

As far as psychological satisfaction is concerned, I find carbs by far the most satisfying, and in my book that's gotta count for something.

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 02-06-2014 at 01:34 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote