I hate you toasted coconut almonds.

• Sooooo.... today was a lazy day my I got up and ate one egg for breakfast some salsa and 3 slices of bacon (low carb) and didn't eat any lunch all day but I am supposed to go out later out to diner with my boyfriend so I decided to have a snack so you know i'm not RAVENOUS!!....a tin of toasted coconut almonds. 4 net carbs per 28 almonds, it's like a little treat to tide me over.... I ate almost the whole tin and not even hungry anymore. Such a trigger i've realized

but you know what i've also realized? That my mentality has changed so much that although i'm kinda bummed i'm not hating myself for it and it will not derail me! I've been on this for 3 months going on 4 so why give up now? I know I won't gain anything from this slip up so why be sad? Guess a NSV came out of this lil slip up.

but seriously those nuts are crazy good....
  • Congrats on the secret NSV! If I end up with the tiniest slip up, my mind does the same thing and I don't beat myself up over it anymore. However, I end up being SO ok with it that I continue to eat semi-poorly for a few days. I walk a thin line with my slip ups, which has been the most difficult thing to control/overcome.
  • Goldfish do that to me. Haha WTG for not feeling defeated! There's no point in letting it ruin your day
  • Smartfood popcorn - even in the little bags, I will just eat 2 or 3. No more will enter my house!!
  • oooohh the packets of Cocao roasted Almonds (2 carbs and 100 calories per pack - Emerald) OOOOH Yum!.. Fiber and Cocao flavor.. can't go wrong! YUMMY!
  • haha... good thing you didn't have a tin of chocolate ones. coconut and chocolate ones together are of course delicious.

I put portions of almonds in little bags or I'll take about a handful and put the rest away. Eating straight from the tin and bag I'll lose track. I usually even keep a little portioned baggy in my purse for an emergency to tide me over too.
  • Nuts are hard to have around and eat in moderation...especially flavored ones. I believe they are engineered to be as addictive and "moreish" as humanly possible.
  • Don't be too hard on yourself! Nuts have a HUUUUGE reputation all over diet sites as healthy foods that people need to be careful around because they are also addictive. I don't even really eat them because the addictiveness outweighs whatever health they'll give me lol. its funny because they don't even rank amongest my fav foods, yet I find them addictive. Like Special K strawberry cereal - not exactly on the "last meal" list but I eat and eat and eat it. I try to run away from foods that make overeating TOO easy that rank as 8/10 or less!