3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - February 2014 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/292285-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-february-2014-everyone-welcome.html)

IanG 02-06-2014 11:14 AM

Thanks everyone for the tips. I am up 0.2lbs today to 178.2lbs. Hopefully this will be the turning point. I feel much more energized today about my new regime.

Calories will be about 1600 today.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Sardines 5 183 33 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Dryheated Smelt 3 105 19 0
Bar Harbor Smoked Wild Kippers 28 350 39 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 51 1588 145 99
Weight 178.2
Protein/weight ratio 0.81
Targets based on weight Low High
Calories 2495 2851
Carbs target 356 535
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 35 53
20% less calories to cut 1996

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training before work. Will run 5k before lunch.

novangel 02-06-2014 11:52 AM

Ian, also read: Fluctuations in Scale Weight and Water Weight This is posted as a sticky at the top of this forum. :)

Syckgirlsfv 02-06-2014 01:18 PM

morning everyone! I'm down like .6 from yesterday. This is very slow going, but if I'm to keep it off it has to be this way. Before, I would do SBD phase one and lose quickly, but in reality I'm knowing that was because I literally ate ZERO rice, pasta, bread, potatoes...things like that. And I love those things too much to give them up forever. I also think the absence of those things resulted in a LOT of water weight loss. So I want to make the losses stick from now on.

B - skipping...not really up for it, I was super busy when I got here to work and I'm going to lunch in a little over an hour so it can wait. Going out for PHO! And looking forward to some Vietnamese spring rolls!!!! :D:dizzy::p

School tonight will cause me to eat something quickly...so maybe turkey burger or salmon patty (no bread) topped with lite Jarlsberg and zoodles! So far it'a all I've planned.

Last night DH and I did our 6 sets of squats. I did 20, 20, 17, 17, 20, and 15...a total of 109 squats! Legs aren't even that sore, when in the beginning I could barely move afterwards! Legs getting back in shape :cool:

Lala165 02-06-2014 05:56 PM

Packing for my weekend trip(leaving first thing in the am) also packing lots of fruits and acceptable food items. Eating out is also on the itinerary so I will have to make good choices.

02/06/14

1 cup coffee with 2% milk

1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt with 1 tbsp of honey, dash of cinnamon and 10 almonds
1/2 banana

Personal size frozen pizza with veggies (320 cal)

chicken baked with lemon and garlic, 1/2 cup brown rice with soy sauce, 1/3 cup boiled carrots, mozzarella and tomato salad with basil and red wine vinegarette

exercise launchpad series stage 2 (30minutes)

alaskanlaughter 02-06-2014 06:06 PM

its another busy day...when isn't it? lol....i had time to get to the gym earlier this morning than usual...then i went to a meeting which involved walking 5 minutes up steep hills to get there (eek!) and then back afterwards to my car...there is virtually NO parking in the downtown area EVER *sigh*....at the meeting i had a good handful of corn tortilla chips and salsa, a small bowl of soup (not sure what kind, sort of like chili maybe?) and a few bites of chocolate and a cup of pear juice...i REALLY refrained from eating more than that although i REALLY wanted to lol...i wasn't full during the meeting but afterwards, after walking all the way back to my car, i got REALLY full...it was weird...i had my usual cup of coffee back at work and still feel awfully full....i work all afternoon now and then i have a brief meeting after work and then i'm done :D

my husband said "stop joining more committees!" LOL in a joking way because i'm always going from one thing to the next....my meeting this morning was the steering committee for a state education conference happening next month and my meeting tonight is because i serve on the governing board (not the right words but similar) of the elementary school that i work at

kelijpa 02-06-2014 10:15 PM

Day turned out pretty good, I think it's going to rake me another week to recover from the Super Bowl of tostitos scoops :lol:

Ended up having a great salad DH made, have to figure out how to log it in MFP. Then an orange for a snack, got in my exercises, but am now a little awake because I just got done, then drank 16 oz. of water so I'll be up pretty soon after going to bed...well tomorrow's my day off so it'll work out.

I got to work, but didn't walk, so did 45 on the bike instead of 30, and did shovel snow in the morning, can't forget that :D

Syckgirlsfv I never heard of PHO until I was in Hartford, didn't get to go, but sounded interesting, they were going for lunch the day I was leaving. Next time.

Best to all :sunny:

laciemn 02-06-2014 11:12 PM

Hey guys, even though I've been eating pretty badly and not counting, I'm ready to get back on board!

I ate today:
Graham cracker
6 cookies (I know)
2 servings of Doritos and spinach dip
5 chicken wings
Large portion of fries (they were baked, though!)

I have been sticking with exercising at a very basic level in the morning. I've definitely noticed its easier to do more crunches. I'm not noticing any upper body strength increase yet, however. The planks seem just as hard as before. The soreness of my legs has eased up some, though.

Diana3271 02-06-2014 11:13 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

This will be a quick post since we just got home from the concert. We went to see Merle Haggard. It was a fun concert. There were people there from all ages. It was wonderful seeing young people enjoy the concert. I grew up listening to a huge variety of music, so I enjoy it all. We didn't get to leave work early like we had planned. In fact we left late. We wanted to get to the concert on time so we were not able to eat dinner before. We ate something at the concert and ate dinner after. I did the best I could to keep things in moderation.

I feel like swapping the sugar snap peas this week for the yogurt has went really well. I haven't had issues with the munchies or getting hungry during the day. I seem to get sugar craving with yogurt. Maybe it just a mental thing, I don't know. I plan on making this a permanent change.

Total Approx 1450 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (680 Calories) <-- This was a huge success for me, sugar/carbs was higher but still a success! :carrot:
Shared a plain pretzel without salt w/DH 150 calories
Shared a cookie 200 calories
this is a new item at Cracker Barrel and listed as a healthy option -> Pecan Crusted Catfish w/steamed veggies 280 calories
fresh fruit 50 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/8's
TJ Cardio Party

laciemn 02-06-2014 11:16 PM

Hope you had fun, Diana! Also, good luck on your new plan, Ian.

CoolMom75 02-06-2014 11:56 PM

I'm doing better sticking to my fast days having my one meal later in the day.

Today was a blended coffee in the morning
Lunch:
A slice of fresh baked bread with
Feta
Sautéed cabbage
Egg
Siracha

Total cals 561

roadbikerchick 02-07-2014 07:08 AM

Hi everyone! :coffee:

I haven`t posted for a few days, because my weight spiked, and I was eating well, and working out lots, but I thought, no one would believe that I was. I was thinking that I was kidding myself. Anyhow, the water weight has finished coming off today, and I`m down to 154.6. That`s about 5 and a half pounds since Jan. 6. Not huge amounts, but heading the right direction. I think the gain was because I had increased the length and intensity of my workouts early last week.

IanG, I understand how you feel when the weight keeps coming on, and you`re doing all you know how. I hope the new plan works.

Diana: Glad you enjoyed the concert. We`ve got a Merle Haggard CD in the truck that dh just loves to play.:D

I`ll check back in later. Have a great, on-plan day, everyone!

Diana3271 02-07-2014 07:13 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot: Let's make it a great one!

Calories for yesterday: 1450 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162.6 (TTOM)
Down: .8

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Larry H 02-07-2014 10:03 AM

Last night I must have had a major whoosh :D Every hour I woke up for the bath room. Hard to believe that with only one kidney I can produce that much liquid. :dizzy: My weigh in day is Monday and I resisted a strong urge to weigh this morning. I have a good feeling about my Monday weigh in, I hope I am not disappointed

I continue to experiment with Volumetrics. For yesterday's dinner I took 6 oz of Dreamfields Elbow pasta and added a can of Del Monte no salt added Stewed Tomatoes, a can of Giorgio no salt added mushrooms, 4 fresh jalapeno peppers chopped, Alsosalt salt substitute and pepper. A 2 cup serving calculated out to 247 calories. It tasted really good but it can be improved, The next time I make this I will add garlic powder, oregano and Italian seasonings. This had a lot of eye appeal with the white pasta, red tomatoes and green peppers. I like spicy foods and this was quite spicy mostly because I do not remove the seeds from the jalapeno peppers. The seeds have most of the heat, and I do not cook them as I like the crunch. (I use Dreamfields pasta because it only has 5g digestible carbs per serving)

I ate 3 servings (6 cups of this Volumetrics Pasta) and ended the day at 1,646 which was under my goal of 1,730 :D My sodium was especially good as my final amount was 743 grams, way under my 2,300 goal. My other meals yesterday were:

Breakfast
Sweet 'n Low - Artificial Sweetner, 1 pkt.
General Mills Cereal - Fiber One Original, 1 cup
Skim Milk (Fat Free) - Skim Milk, 3/4 cup
One Banana - Medium Size (6.5oz),

Lunch
Broiled Filet Mignon, 6.9 oz
Mashed Potatoes, Skim Milk, No Butter or Salt, 1/2 cup
Green String Beans Steamed , 1/2 cup (125g)

IanG 02-07-2014 11:16 AM

Well, I am back on-track guys. Down 0.8lbs today to 177.4lbs.

Nice.

Calories will be about 1600 today.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Dryheated Smelt 3 105 19 0
Wild planet Canned sockeye 9 210 36 0
crab 1 120 26 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 40 1547 150 99
Weight 177.4
Protein/weight ratio 0.84
Targets based on weight Low High
Calories 2484 2838
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 34 52
20% less calories to cut 1987

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training before work. Will run 5k with a friend outside before lunch. Awesome.

alaskanlaughter 02-07-2014 01:11 PM

it will be a rest day for me...I have meetings all morning...then I work all afternoon ....I don't typically go to the gym in the evenings because it's the only family time I have at home and I still have to do dinner and bedtimes...

it's COLD today, only 7 degrees this morning...it doesn't normally get this cold here...bbbrrrr