3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - February 2014 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/292285-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-february-2014-everyone-welcome.html)

IanG 02-05-2014 01:15 PM

Up 2lbs today to 178.0lbs.

OK, I am doing a hard reset on my exercise and diet as from today. My old
regime was just not getting the results I wanted, and I was starting to feel bad.

I am all with you kelijpa on getting some consistency and sustainability and that is what I will be shooting for from now on.

So here are the new rules.

1) Beer is back but limited to no more than one.

2) Big one this. Cardio goes from being the priority to taking last place. And I am reducing the amount of time I spend on cardio to no more than half an hour. I was getting too burned out from doing 50 minutes sessions and 10k runs every day. So from now on, it's 30 minute sessions and 5k runs. I hope this will be more sustainable. In practical terms, I will do weight training or boxing in the morning and a short run or spinning session before lunch. Running first gave me no energy for weight training later in the day so I was not able to lift as well.

3) The protein shake returns in place of a morning latte to get me through to lunch.

4) The fish oil supplement gets droppped until further notice (why bother when all I eat is fish, right?).

So, my calories will be about 1500 today:

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Dryheated Smelt 3 105 19 0
Octopus in oil 12 220 24 6
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 44 1517 128 105
Weight 176
Protein/weight ratio 0.72
Targets based on weight Low High
Fat 53 88
Calories 2464 2816
Protein 158 211
Carbs target 352 528
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 34 51
20% less calories to cut 1971

Exercise: Did 55 minutes of weight training before work. Ran 3.5 miles before lunch.

Let's see if this works.

alaskanlaughter 02-05-2014 01:22 PM

ian I really like your attitude about evaluating what's working and what's not...it's just facts, food and exercise etc and whether those facts give you the results that you want....I wish I could do that but I get so wrapped up in the emotional aspects of food that it gets much harder than it ought to be

my car appears to be fixed...for the amount of money we shelled out for it, it better not break ever again :( it ran well this morning and my DH is driving it for today to evaluate how it's working...it sounded MUCH better running in the parking lot than it has in a long time....I feel hopeful that this fix is what's needed...

since DH has my car, that means I have the truck so I can get to the gym later today...I actually have a much slower schedule today overall

after work I go with teenager to pick out his junior-year courses at the high school for next fall....nothing makes me feel older faster than thinking about his junior year because it was NOT that long ago that I was taking junior-year studies myself :(

Syckgirlsfv 02-05-2014 02:05 PM

hmmmm, I posted last night before school but it seems to have disappeared. :(

WhatEV! I decided on the piece of pizza last night in the interest of time. It's ok, it was good! :jeno:

Diana I've never cooked millet, but I have made the mock mashed potatoes using cauliflower. I just used mozzarella cheese in it, too, and DH liked it a lot.

B - 0% greek yogurt/15 almonds/honey/pumpkin pie spice
S - crunchy rice roller
L - salad: romaine, energy nut mix, avocado, baby bella mushrooms, Bolthouse farms honey mustard dressing (much less calorie than the light blue cheese I've been using!)
D - good question. I've got fresh broccoli to steam, so maybe that and either chicken cordon blue or steak.

DH and I will do 6 sets of squats at home tonight.

Rasagolla 02-05-2014 04:29 PM

Biked for 40 minutes. Not watching the eating yet. Will get there. Good to hear from everyone and glad to be posting.

Larry H 02-05-2014 08:53 PM

I made a vegetarian low sodium chili today and I added a can of no salt added green beans to it Ala Volumetrics. I definitely over ate, I consumed all 6 servings and still ended the day 82 calories under my goal. I am stuffed :dizzy:

My food for today 1,648 calories, My goal 1,730 calories :D

Breakfast 198 Calories
3 large strawberries
Skim Milk, 3/4 cup
Fiber One Original cereal, 1 cup
Sweet 'n Low, 1 pkt.

Lunch 640 Calories
Popeyes Spicy Chicken Breast(5 ounces)
Popeyes Spicy Chicken Leg (No Skin) two legs
Popeyes Mashed Potato & Gravy, Regular

Dinner 602 Calories
Country Vegetarian Chili Low Sodium, 6 servings
Libby's Cut Green Beans No Salt - No Sugar Added, 1 3/4 Cup

Snacks 208 Calories
Granny Smith medium apple
Ambrosia Apple, Large Apple

novangel 02-05-2014 09:14 PM

Ian, also maybe consider weighing yourself once a week. I can't speak for everyone but weighing everyday used to drive me insane because there's always a flux by 1-4p depending. I go by how my clothes fit and weigh probably twice a month now and I have maintained well for a year. I still don't believe that you're gaining fat so how your scale is up almost 10p is beyond me unless you're doing some serious lifting or are very constipated. You run more than anyone I have ever known and eat zero garbage. :shrug:

I just got back from the gym, ran 3 miles. :carrot: Felt good to be out of my funk and back to my regular level of chaos. :)

I'm off tomorrow so lots of errands.

Diana3271 02-05-2014 09:20 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

TTOM Started this morning, Oh Joy! :rolleyes:

Ian Good job working on things! I hope you can find a good balance that works for you. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you got your car back.

Postweddingsmallsize Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Kelijpa Congrats on the pound! Did you get as much snow as you expected?

Novangel Do you think doing a Jillian rotation would make a difference? Maybe you wouldn't feel the need to lose the extra weight. I know it makes a difference for some people.

Syckgirlsfv I haven't tried the Bolthouse Honey Mustard. Is it good?

Larry Good job on your day. Did you get the recipe for the chili from the Volumetrics book?

Diana3271 02-05-2014 09:26 PM

Total Approx 1370 calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Cardio Section from TJ Punch Kick and Jam w/weighted gloves
Cardio Section from TJ Kickin' Core w/weighted gloves

Larry H 02-05-2014 10:34 PM

Diana

The Chili recipe I used has been in my collection for a long time. I modified it today to reduce the sodium content and then added green beans. You have seen what sodium does to me. Volumetrics suggests adding very low energy dense veggies and or liquids to foods to lower their energy density. So I added the green beans and I was very satisfied with the result.

This is the recipe as modified for sodium reduction but without the green beans:

Country Vegetarian Chili - Low Sodium

Hearty, vegetarian friendly, mix of vegetables, herbs, and beans.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 0.67 cup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 89

Ingredients
1 large onion , chopped
1 large garlic cloves , chopped
1 tbsp I can't Believe It's Not Butter, melted
1 tsp Alsosalt salt substitute
1 tsp dried basil , whole
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano leaves , whole dried
1/2 tsp ground thyme (or whole dried thyme)
1/4 tsp black pepper
14.5 oz can DelMonte California Petite Diced Tomatoes, No Salt Added, undrained
15.5 oz can Joan of Arc No Salt Added Light Red kidney beans, red, undrained

Directions
1 In a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the margarine until tender. Add the salt substitue, basil, chili powder, oregano, thyme, and pepper, and stir well.
2 Stir in the tomatoes and beans and then simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.

alaskanlaughter 02-05-2014 11:27 PM

got all my stuff done today and DH made dinner for us :D nice to come home to food....DH said my car ran really well today with just one minor hitch in the idle once...so we'll see how it does....at this point, if it needs further repairs, it's just more cost-efficient to get a newer vehicle...

I have a half hour to do whatever I want before I put the kids to bed :D some evenings I don't even have that lol

CoolMom75 02-06-2014 01:20 AM

Breakfast: granola with milk
Lunch and dinner were the same:
15 bean soup
Roasted potatoes
Sauteed cabbage

Total cals 1526. I skipped the coffee and was dragging!

Lala165 02-06-2014 06:26 AM

hello everyone,
I have been so busy with my son's schedule that I was unable to post my daily intake last night. he should be driving in 6 months so that will alleviate a lot of my hectic schedule and start my fingernail biting to think of my teenager on the road. Anyway, my food intake from yesterday was:
02/05/14
2% milk
1 cup raisin bran
1 cup coffee with 2% milk

2 slices of deli provolone cheese

1 whole wheat bun with 2 slices of genoa salami and 2 tablespoon of potato salad

2 cups of chili with 10 ritz crackers
zero cal seltzer
large coffee with skim milk

exercise launchpad series stage 2 (30minutes)

Diana3271 02-06-2014 07:20 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

DH and I are going to a concert tonight.

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.4 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Larry Thank you for the recipe. I will print it out later, when I am more awake. :tired:

Have a great day!

kelijpa 02-06-2014 07:47 AM

Good morning all, spent most of the day yesterday outside, lots of shoveling, paths for the dogs and chickens, Diana maybe 10 inches, then later another inch or so, so a little cleanup today. Going to try and go in for half a day. Work was closed yesterday, so that was a bonus,I wasn't going anyway, but saved a vacation day :D

Alaskan glad you got your car fixed, best of luck with it, we had to get a newer one in the summer, like you say there comes a point when it's time, I hated to let it go.

Ian keep at it, you'll find your sweet spot again.

Larry your chili sounds yummy, will have to try it soon. It's supposed to stay in the teens and twenties for the next week so good time for chili!

Yesterday
B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, romaine, radish sprouts, carrot, grape tomatoes, sunflower kernels, tortilla strips, Wegman's southwest yogurt dressing, balsamic
D- bean soup
S- apple, kind bar, Ryan's Irish cream
E- shovel, shovel, shovel that snow

Up 0.1 today to 157.3, must have put on muscle shoveling...lol

Today's plan
B- surprise, cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, radish sprouts, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, BH Caesar parmigiana dressing, balsamic vinegar, salmon
D- ? Juice or salad
S- banana, apple
E- bike, maybe walk if I make it in to work

Best to all :sunny:

novangel 02-06-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:Novangel, Do you think doing a Jillian rotation would make a difference? Maybe you wouldn't feel the need to lose the extra weight.

Diana, yes, I think you're spot on. Jillian gives me a smaller, toned size (even when I was at a higher weight) and running gives me fat loss. When I stopped Jillian and just ran I was thin but now I have lost all tone and got a little jiggly...so I may be confusing lack of tone for extra fat. My weight hasn't changed so maybe not so much that I need to lose pounds, I need to lose a few inches if that makes any sense. :?: I have been trying to get Jill in every other workout to get the best of both worlds but I still prefer running. Jill is mean. :p

I can't wait for Summer! Besides being fed up with the cold I get to sign my son up for baseball for the first time ever. Being a single Mom that worked full-time till 6pm it was never possible until now that I switched professions. :) He is so excited (so am I) only I'm nervous that his peers have been on the team since a few years prior and he won't be as good. I know how kids can be mean if you're not as good at sports. I'm trying to think positive that he will do great. :D

We might finally go to the travel agent today. I'm eager to get it all in order but I just don't want to spend the $$$$. :barf: