3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Goodbye to the 130's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/291960-goodbye-130s.html)

Chardonnay 01-22-2014 03:26 PM

Goodbye to the 130's

I did a search and didn't find any threads for people in the 130's and still losing. Anyone want to join me for support? Feel free to track your progress here :)

I'm 137 this week, and my GW is 125. I haven't seen the 120's in over 9 years and I can't wait to shed these 130's for good. I've heard stories where the hardest weight to lose is the last 10 pounds, I hope I don't experience that.

My goals are still to exercise daily and keep track of my calories. I did yoga at home today. I really find some of the workouts challenging to my muscles. So far my eating is on track although I have some cravings for sugar...which I will ignore!

kisskiss 01-22-2014 03:57 PM

hi Chardonnay!!
I'll join this thread. I'm at 135 today and want to get somewhere between 125-135. I haven't seen the 120s since 5th grade :(

I'm also trying to exercise more, I hike and do cardio. I actually recently bought a groupon for yoga classes, I'm hoping to start that beginning February.

Chardonnay 01-22-2014 04:06 PM

Hi Kisskiss :)

Good for you! Yoga has really changed my life...sounds dramatic lol, but I've gotten so much more flexible and relaxed, and I crave doing it daily. I don't do classes because I live in a predominantly French area, and I prefer my instruction in English, so I opt for YouTube videos, which work very well. I love hiking too and hope to get back to the mountains sooner than later! Do you have a goal date to reach the 120's? I'm hoping to be at 129 in the last week of February.

Tilly5 01-22-2014 07:50 PM

Hi Chardonnay,
I will be joining the 130-group real soon. So looking forward to it. You mentioned not finding any threads for those in their 130s and still losing. I thought I'd let you know that there is a thread called "See ya 130's!" over in the Featherweights forum under Support Groups. Just to let you know. :-)

Chardonnay 01-22-2014 07:56 PM

Oh thanks Tilly, I actually did a search and put "130" in the search engine and didn't see that thread, I must have missed it. You're nearly at the 130's I see by your ticker! :)

Sum38 01-25-2014 06:46 PM

I want to be here soon...4 more pounds :)

Chardonnay 01-25-2014 07:05 PM

Hi Sum :)
When I originally started this, I was 137, when I weighed myself the other day I was back to 140, I'm so discouraged. But I will end my pouting session and continue on :)

Sum38 01-25-2014 07:06 PM

It is just water; it will flush away :)

Chardonnay 01-25-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4928263)
It is just water; it will flush away :)

Thanks for saying that :) I'm actually starting an eating plan called the 5:2, you eat normally (healthy not overboard etc) for 5 days and for 2 days (non-consecutive) you "fast" at 500 calories. I'm sure it's controversial, what diet isn't right? But it makes sense to me that I won't be falling into starvation mode, and it'll help me control the snacking. Anyway, my bf is on board too, our first "fast" day is Monday. I've heard very good things about people's results, as well as them feeling better overall. I was doing some planning, it's amazing the amount of food you can fit into 500 calories. We're going to stick to fruits, mostly veggies and some lean protein on the "fast" days, and sigh...no wine...

Sum38 01-25-2014 09:07 PM

I fast once per week, so I am all for fasting days. My fasting days are the days I volunteer. I am usually too busy to eat, and I don't exercise on volunteer days. I usually fast 24-36 hours. -- So good for you! I look hearing how you like it and seeing your progress.

Chardonnay 01-25-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4928325)
I fast once per week, so I am all for fasting days. My fasting days are the days I volunteer. I am usually too busy to eat, and I don't exercise on volunteer days. I usually fast 24-36 hours. -- So good for you! I look hearing how you like it and seeing your progress.

Thanks! :)

Sum38 01-28-2014 08:01 AM

Chardonnay, are you still battling the water weight? -- I am almost to my 130's -- 141.8 this morning -- I should get here by next week to keep you company :)

krampus 01-28-2014 11:06 AM

Come over to Featherweights! It's dead in there!

Sum38 01-28-2014 11:12 AM

I'll join your monthly weigh-in thread in Feb now that I am "normal weight", krampus :) -- And perhaps the monthly chat as well.

Chardonnay 01-28-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4930217)
Chardonnay, are you still battling the water weight? -- I am almost to my 130's -- 141.8 this morning -- I should get here by next week to keep you company :)

I'm so happy for you Sum :) Actually I weighed myself Sunday and I GAINED another 2 pounds, I was 142. I've decided to just weigh every week from now on, my mood/depression can't handle the little ups and downs!! So next Monday I hope we're both back here in the 130's!! :) :)

Chardonnay 01-28-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 4930388)
Come over to Featherweights! It's dead in there!

Great idea :)

Sum38 01-28-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chardonnay (Post 4930433)
I'm so happy for you Sum :) Actually I weighed myself Sunday and I GAINED another 2 pounds, I was 142. I've decided to just weigh every week from now on, my mood/depression can't handle the little ups and downs!! So next Monday I hope we're both back here in the 130's!! :) :)

I'll look forward to it...I should be here as well by then :)

hhm6 01-28-2014 03:33 PM

I'm not even near the 130's but seeing you guys and you starting weight is like looking at goal posts for me!!

You guys are doing so great!! I hope I can be on this thread one day!!

Chardonnay 01-28-2014 04:49 PM

Sum, let's make sure of it...Monday February 3rd (if not sooner for you, you're so darn close)...we're outta those 140's!!! :)

Hi hhm6 :) You'll get there, trust me. It's just a matter of time and discipline :) You're doing well!

hhm6 01-28-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chardonnay (Post 4930667)
Sum, let's make sure of it...Monday February 3rd (if not sooner for you, you're so darn close)...we're outta those 140's!!! :)

Hi hhm6 :) You'll get there, trust me. It's just a matter of time and discipline :) You're doing well!

Chardonnay! thanks!! If you dont mind me asking, what have you been doing for your weight loss? You're doing amazing!!

Chardonnay 01-28-2014 05:18 PM

Thanks hhm6 :) I can tell you exactly what I did from day 1, if you have nothing to do but read lol...it's not all that complicated. I'm a former bean-counter, so numbers are a big deal for me. My greatest tool was an excel sheet where I kept track of everything I ate, calories, workouts, calories burned and how I generally felt.

For food: I went to a bunch of different websites, just to figure out how much I needed to eat based on my BMR and TDEE. I saw how many calories I'd need based on being sedentary to MAINTAIN my 217 pounds...then I checked how many calories I'd need to weigh 207 pounds and I ate according to that. I'd do that every time I reached a 10 pound goal, then adjust to eat for someone who weighed 10 pounds lighter. I also realized I was drinking too much wine (which slows metabolism) and eating way too much cheese...gosh I love cheese....anyway, I very slowly changed my eating habits by adding fruits and vegetables. I cut down on the wine, but never gave it up. I only ate cheese once a week. I started to force myself to drink more water (didn't like water back then!)...I started to ease up on the flour products too, bread and pasta mainly. I had to cut out sweets pretty much cold turkey at first though because I didn't think I could eat them in moderation at that point.

For exercise: I'd gained 97 pounds in just over 1 year by being on meds, due to the rapid weight gain, my joints hurt and my ankles buckled, so I had to walk with a cane. I had no choice but to just start off by walking. I would just walk back and forth to the mail box and that's all I could handle. I made sure to do a 20 minute stretching routine daily though, to help my muscles remain flexible and injury-free.

After I lost the first 20 pounds, I could walk without the cane (woohoo!) and I joined the gym. I usually did 45 minutes of cardio with a full weight workout 3x a week, then 60 minutes of cardio 3x a week, then one day off. Always followed by stretching. In the winter I'd work out at home. When spring came, I was down to about 165, so I took up hiking in the mountains (I lived up north)...barely went to the gym, but continued the weight training at home.

That was 2+ years ago, last summer I reached 140 and well, didn't give up, but didn't try to lose any more really. I met my bf and we had a lot of fun, eating and going out...but this xmas, my little ab-flab was really bothering me when I wore a nice dress and had to hold my gut in all night at a party, so I decided to buck up and try to lose that last 15 pounds, so there you go. I'm back at the gym 3x a week to do cardio and weights, then 3x a week at home doing yoga. I'm eating for weight loss, actually just started an eating plan called 5:2, where you eat healthily for 5 days a week, then 2 non-consecutive days you "fast" (500 calories for women and 600 for men). Yesterday was our first fasting day (bf is doing it too) and it was easier than I thought. I think that'll help me to get rid of these pesky 140's!!!

Thanks for reading!! :)

hhm6 01-31-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chardonnay (Post 4930693)
Thanks hhm6 :) I can tell you exactly what I did from day 1, if you have nothing to do but read lol...it's not all that complicated. I'm a former bean-counter, so numbers are a big deal for me. My greatest tool was an excel sheet where I kept track of everything I ate, calories, workouts, calories burned and how I generally felt.

For food: I went to a bunch of different websites, just to figure out how much I needed to eat based on my BMR and TDEE. I saw how many calories I'd need based on being sedentary to MAINTAIN my 217 pounds...then I checked how many calories I'd need to weigh 207 pounds and I ate according to that. I'd do that every time I reached a 10 pound goal, then adjust to eat for someone who weighed 10 pounds lighter. I also realized I was drinking too much wine (which slows metabolism) and eating way too much cheese...gosh I love cheese....anyway, I very slowly changed my eating habits by adding fruits and vegetables. I cut down on the wine, but never gave it up. I only ate cheese once a week. I started to force myself to drink more water (didn't like water back then!)...I started to ease up on the flour products too, bread and pasta mainly. I had to cut out sweets pretty much cold turkey at first though because I didn't think I could eat them in moderation at that point.

For exercise: I'd gained 97 pounds in just over 1 year by being on meds, due to the rapid weight gain, my joints hurt and my ankles buckled, so I had to walk with a cane. I had no choice but to just start off by walking. I would just walk back and forth to the mail box and that's all I could handle. I made sure to do a 20 minute stretching routine daily though, to help my muscles remain flexible and injury-free.

After I lost the first 20 pounds, I could walk without the cane (woohoo!) and I joined the gym. I usually did 45 minutes of cardio with a full weight workout 3x a week, then 60 minutes of cardio 3x a week, then one day off. Always followed by stretching. In the winter I'd work out at home. When spring came, I was down to about 165, so I took up hiking in the mountains (I lived up north)...barely went to the gym, but continued the weight training at home.

That was 2+ years ago, last summer I reached 140 and well, didn't give up, but didn't try to lose any more really. I met my bf and we had a lot of fun, eating and going out...but this xmas, my little ab-flab was really bothering me when I wore a nice dress and had to hold my gut in all night at a party, so I decided to buck up and try to lose that last 15 pounds, so there you go. I'm back at the gym 3x a week to do cardio and weights, then 3x a week at home doing yoga. I'm eating for weight loss, actually just started an eating plan called 5:2, where you eat healthily for 5 days a week, then 2 non-consecutive days you "fast" (500 calories for women and 600 for men). Yesterday was our first fasting day (bf is doing it too) and it was easier than I thought. I think that'll help me to get rid of these pesky 140's!!!

Thanks for reading!! :)

Thank you for such a detailed response!! =) and wow! You really got it together and changing your cals every 10lbs I never even thought to do that! I don't know why but this time starting has become so much harder. I just can't seem to get a good grasp over it, and it's making me sad and almost willing to stay fat. I really need to get it together!

Would you recommend not exercising and just controlling calories? and how on earth do you fast!! and what do your 500 calories consist of?

Chardonnay 01-31-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhm6 (Post 4932644)
Thank you for such a detailed response!! =) and wow! You really got it together and changing your cals every 10lbs I never even thought to do that! I don't know why but this time starting has become so much harder. I just can't seem to get a good grasp over it, and it's making me sad and almost willing to stay fat. I really need to get it together!

Would you recommend not exercising and just controlling calories? and how on earth do you fast!! and what do your 500 calories consist of?

You're welcome :) I can't really recommend anything because I'm not an expert, I know what worked for me. I'm an avid exerciser, I believe that dieting alone doesn't work, I know some will disagree with me, but that's how I feel. You don't have to spend hours at the gym like I do, but at least some cardio every day will help with the fat-burning. I would definitely encourage anyone to do some strength training because it boosts metabolism and makes your whole body strong. I think it's also a very good motivator, once we shed some fat, we start to see our lean body underneath!

Fasting is interesting...500 calories for me on Wednesday consisted of a cup of coffee (I can't give up cream&sugar so that's already 105 calories)...for lunch I had steamed trout with lots of herbs and citrus/steamed broccoli and cauliflower (240 calories), then for dinner I had chicken broth with 4 saltine crackers (63 calories), for a snack I had air-popped popcorn (35 calories), no butter! This was a total of 477 calories for my day. I drank a lot of water, and also in the evening I had some sparkling water with some bitters and lime juice, just to have something different from the water. Maybe add another 5 calories for that. It's a lot easier than it seems, but you really need willpower the first few times because all I could think of were cashews lol...But the next day I felt so great, I had more energy, less digestive problems, and I actually felt leaner...so my bf and I will continue to fast every Monday and Wednesday. I think the key is research, to find filling food to eat that's also delicious so you don't get too bored. I have to think about what to cook on Monday for our next fasting day.

I know it's hard to start. For me I hit a "rock bottom" so to speak. I decided it was either live or die, literally. The meds I was on were horrible and it was no way to live, so I chose to wean off them and get back my health and shape because I couldn't imagine living out what would have been the rest of my life at 217 pounds and full of mental disease and physical problems. You have to really want it and be prepared for the entire journey. There will be slip ups, but in the long run, it's so rewarding!

Chardonnay 02-03-2014 02:55 PM

I've done it, goodbye to the 140's, I lost 3 pounds and my weight today is 139. I'm so happy. :) Next goal is to get out of this thread and say goodbye to the 130's!! I don't have a time goal, but I'd love this to happen by mid-March or so.

I started the day off well, did my 60 minutes of yoga. I'm fasting today so all I've had so far is coffee, but I feel really good and motivated since seeing the weight loss :)

onthedietagain 02-03-2014 07:31 PM

Can I join too?

I am not new to calorie counting, but for last year I was low carb girl, then...something happened and I have slowly stopped following low carb life style and went from 120 -> 131/133 lb. Tried low carb again and again...but it just doesn't stick to me for whatever reason:shrug:

I am counting calories for a second day today. I also keep visual journal of the food I etc. I take photo of my meal and then post it in the spreadsheet....visually its very helpful not only to see my daily menu, but also make a mental note what are the portions look like in my plate etc.

Chardonnay 02-03-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthedietagain (Post 4935701)
Can I join too?

I am not new to calorie counting, but for last year I was low carb girl, then...something happened and I have slowly stopped following low carb life style and went from 120 -> 131/133 lb. Tried low carb again and again...but it just doesn't stick to me for whatever reason:shrug:

I am counting calories for a second day today. I also keep visual journal of the food I etc. I take photo of my meal and then post it in the spreadsheet....visually its very helpful not only to see my daily menu, but also make a mental note what are the portions look like in my plate etc.

Hi onthedietagain :) Low carb seems hard to maintain, my body definitely needs a good amount of carbs for energy. If it doesn't stick for you, it's good you're trying something else. I count calories and I find that as long as I eat sensibly and exercise, drink lots of water and get enough sleep, I usually do okay.

Sum38 02-04-2014 10:34 AM

Nice job Chardonnay... I seem to be stuck at 144 pound range, it may be a while before I get to participate this thread :(

Chardonnay 02-04-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4936092)
Nice job Chardonnay... I seem to be stuck at 144 pound range, it may be a while before I get to participate this thread :(

Oh no! :( You're doing so well Sum, I know you'll be here sooner than later!! I think I can chalk mine up to the 2 fast days a week.

Chardonnay 02-04-2014 04:47 PM

The 130's for me are representative of my last little struggle with bad eating habits. I've definitely conquered laziness when it comes to working out. Even if I'm up until 5am with my bf watching movies (like last night, yawn), I'm still up to get to the gym by 11am. I still have little voices that tell me to drink more wine and eat more cheese (my two kryptonites!!). I'm okay with the wine, I can control it, but if I have cheese in the house, look out. I think I just have to realize that I can't keep cheese in the house! I've just been buying what I need for recipes. I wonder if those little voices will ever shut the eff up lol!!!

I'm also rediscovering my womanly figure :) I'm a lot more confident, and I plan to start showing off my bod a little more as I descend out of the 130's!

Does this stage in the game represent anything for anyone else? Or is it just a means to an end?

onthedietagain 02-05-2014 06:56 AM

Frozen meals ("Lean Cuisine" etc) for dinner?

I usually just have coffee with cream in the morning (55 cal), small pita with turkey for lunch (200 cal) and saving most of my calories for dinner, incl 10 oz of red wine (240 cal).

Frozen meals are so convenient but I think proportion of protein to carbs is not really what I want. Too much pasta with too little chicken. And evenings is when I straggle the most, to make dinner for myself separate from my family and calculate calories....and all that after work when I am tired and hungry.

How do you manage dinners?

onthedietagain 02-05-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chardonnay (Post 4936337)
Even if I'm up until 5am with my bf watching movies (like last night, yawn), I'm still up to get to the gym by 11am.

WAW...good for you! What a willpower! Two years ago when I was counting calories and lost 10 lb , I was going to gym 3 times/week and run 3 miles on treadmill! Now days I don't want to even think about it...that is laziness:o maybe its Canadian winter, so much snow, dark and cold, depressing:tantrum:

Chardonnay 02-05-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthedietagain (Post 4936655)
I usually just have coffee with cream in the morning (55 cal), small pita with turkey for lunch (200 cal) and saving most of my calories for dinner, incl 10 oz of red wine (240 cal).

Frozen meals are so convenient but I think proportion of protein to carbs is not really what I want. Too much pasta with too little chicken. And evenings is when I straggle the most, to make dinner for myself separate from my family and calculate calories....and all that after work when I am tired and hungry.

How do you manage dinners?

Hi Onthedietagain :)

Red wine is a must ;) I have wine every night, well, except now my 2 fasting days, I can't afford the calories. I find it not only tastes awesome, which boosts my mood, it really helps me digest and relax for the evening. I just have to be careful not to go over my limit. I used to eat a lot of frozen dinners, mainly out of convenience. But the sodium content in most of them is through the roof. And I don't find there is enough food! One of those little Lean Cuisine raviolis...I could eat 4 of those lol...For lunch, maybe, but I don't find they have enough veggies either, and I'm so picky with frozen veggies.

For dinners, I plan like heck. My bf and I are on a budget that we mainly stick to, so I shop based on what's on sale. I have tons of recipes bookmarked and printed out. On Tuesdays I get all the flyers for Thursdays, so if chicken is cheap, we eat lots of chicken dinners, pork, beef, etc....I take a few hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to plan one week's worth of lunches and dinners, and we mostly stick to it. I'm so organized, I even use google calendar to remind me what time I need to start dinner, what to take out of the freezer for tomorrow, what last minute things I'll need to buy etc...it's the only way I can manage to eat a healthy lifestyle. If I'm not prepared, we risk ordering in or going out for poutine. So far this is working well for us, and we eat very well too! :)

And don't discount the winters for laziness. It's hard for me to even want to go out and clear off the car today. But if I don't do it today, I'll have to do it before I head to the gym tomorrow and it'll tire me out. We're getting a lot of snow today. How about doing some workouts at home, there's so much on You Tube now. I've mentioned often that I do yoga 3x a week. I found everything online. It's not heavy cardio or anything, but it's great for flexibility and some of the movements work the muscles.

Sum38 02-06-2014 08:22 AM

Guess who is knocking on your door?? 140.6 this am :D

Chardonnay 02-06-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4937551)

That's great!!! :)

onthedietagain 02-06-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4937551)

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

onthedietagain 02-06-2014 11:40 AM

Yesterday I survived and didn't touch my the most loved snack...POTATO CHIPS! I had 5 min conversation inside my head and "on the diet" me won! One day at the time girls and we all gonna be slender!

Chardonnay 02-06-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthedietagain (Post 4937729)
Yesterday I survived and didn't touch my the most loved snack...POTATO CHIPS! I had 5 min conversation inside my head and "on the diet" me won! One day at the time girls and we all gonna be slender!

Good for you! It's hard once those cravings start :)

GerardBerg 02-06-2014 11:45 PM

Certainly fasting and yoga are beneficial for losing weight, but going on the path of sports is also amazing and favorable. It not only reduces weight but also tones up the body which is a complimentary offer. I realized this fact after watching its valuable affectivity on my body. I got this piece of advice from sportenenafvallen.net

Chardonnay 02-07-2014 02:12 PM

Today is fast day #2 of this week :) My bf and I are upping the calories though, to 800 instead of 500 for me, and 600 for him. I've been feeling a little woozy and he's hungry. So we're okay with that. I did my hour of yoga this morning and I feel good! :) My bf noticed that my biceps and triceps are starting to show in my movements, he said it was sexy, feels good :)

Sum38 02-11-2014 07:33 AM

I am here!!!!! And very excited!!!