Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #241  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
Weigh In: 164 (TTOM is still messing with me )
Up: .2

Have a great day!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Good morning!

I'm off to argue with the post office today. I had to ship my iPhone back and it looks like someone stole the package. AARGH.

Food today:

Breakfast -- Jamba smoothie, two hard boiled eggs -- if I have to go to the freaking post office, I am going next door for a smoothie. Sliced tomato salad with balsamic vingear. (PP: 9)

Lunch -- Smashed banana oatmeal (it's from this blog I follow -- Fannetastic Food -- one mashed-up banana, cinnamon, steel-cut oats, and 0.5 cups skim milk). Topped with fresh blueberries (PP: 6)

Dinner -- Mexican Casserole (peppers, mushrooms, onions, corn, salsa, black beans, lowfat cheese, and corn tortillas) (PP: 7)

Snacks -- Skinny Cow ice cream bar, apple, clementines, and I need more salad in there, too (PP: 4)

I'm holding at 163.5, so I'm hopeful I'll be there tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #243  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Had a little visit from the whoosh fairy last night. I usually lose about a half pound every weigh-in, but this time I suddenly lost more than a pound between weigh-ins. Yeah!
This morning's weight is 159.8. I weigh every other day, so in two days when I weigh myself, if it sticks I will be able to say I am solidly in the 150's!

It's an UpDay and I am super busy today. I don't see how I will manage to eat all the food I have planned with my schedule. On the other hand, I love that I have to worry about forcing myself to eat more food on UpDays instead of forcing myself to eat less. I am really appreciating JUDDD. UpDays make the difficult DownDays completely worth it. Not to mention the weight loss - JUDDD works!

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-16-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all.

Yesterday for me:

Snacks at work: cherry tomatoes, 100 calorie graze snack

Lunch: 60 calorie wrap with grilled chicken, roma tomatoes

Pre-workout snack: cottage cheese and grapes

Workout: 100 minutes Bikram yoga, 20 minutes Kettlebell exercises

Dinner: grilled chicken and roasted potatoes and onions

Dessert: 90 calorie fiber one bar

Today's weight: 129.6 (down the .2 I was up yesterday so basically not moving)

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with fruit
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #245  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it's a rest day from the gym today because I have way too many things going on this morning to fit in the gym time as well....i'm also starvinggggg....I always feel less hungry when I eat more carbs, oddly enough, like I get full and when I lower my carbs I constantly deal with hunger and end up going over the calories that i'm aiming for...not terribly bad but still it SUCKS to be hungry

i'm not aiming for a low-carb diet or anything...just working on taking out the higher carb choices in my menu and turning my focus back to protein....ive been under 130 carbs lately per day and yesterday was under 100....when I lower my carbs ALOT, and try to get under 50, I end up feeling deprived and it's short order until a major overeating episode so i'm trying for a balance here

one thing that I struggle with when I try to drop my carbs too low is that I don't like meat, eggs or cheese and that's a lot of what i'm faced with when I try to eat much lower carbs....I can do it for awhile....but eventually get sick of the thought and start eating more carbs again
Old 01-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #246  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Long day today. Woke up at 4.45am to walk to work to go boxing (couldn't drive as will be having drinks after work). I am also trying to squeeze in 3 trips to the gym. Have not done that in a while.

Down 0.6lbs to 171.8lbs.

One of my birthday gifts was an egg cooker so I will be boiling and poaching eggs in my office.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers.

Lunch: Smoked chinook salmon, baby prawns, kippers, sardines, dungeness crab, iceberg lettuce, 4 poached eggs, carrot, mushroom, black beans, green pepper, olives, brocolli, cauliflower, tomato, tabasco sauce, strawberries.

Dinner: Out for beers with colleagues after work.

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Did 1 hour weight training before lunch. Will aim to run 10k before going out with colleagues after work.

Long day. But fun.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Long day today. Woke up at 4.45am to walk to work to go boxing (couldn't drive as will be having drinks after work). I am also trying to squeeze in 3 trips to the gym. Have not done that in a while.
Ian I congratulate you on your responsible thinking Way back when I was drinking I never made the responsible choice. I always joked that I was too drunk to walk. It was just pure luck that I never got a DUI but I sure deserved one on many occasions. I quit drinking totally on July 12,1976, that's 37 years sober now. Enjoy yourself and continue that great thinking.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

`Hi guys, haven't been on board lately. Yesterday, I had scrambled eggs with peppers, 2 apples, a yoohoo, and 2 servings of stir fry with imitation crab and rice.

Today, I've had 3 pieces of bacon, 2 bananas, and 1 piece of string cheese. The plan is to have two glasses of wine and some tuna and crackers later.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #249  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

TTOM has been kicking my butt today. I feel like crap and like a big toad frog.

Roadbikerchick Good job getting your workout in!

Kelijpa Good job on the .4. I hope your lunch went well.

Shahat I hope you can get to the bottom of the lost phone. I have been expecting some mail (from several sources) and it's late. Not sure what's up with the post office, but it's not good.

Shr1nk1ngme Congrats on the 150's!

Traveling Michele Good job on your day! Keep working it!

Alaskanlaughter It's always a struggle to keep everything at a good level and find something that works for you. Keep trying you will find that happy medium.

Ian Have fun tonight! Congrats on the .6!

Larry Hi

Laciemn Hi It's nice to see you again.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 375.5/362.5/165

Height: 5ft3

Unhappy

Hello everyone,
Today I have been angry all day and that is pissing me off. Today I had coffee with 2% milk
1 cup Honeydew Melon
1 cup honey almond bran flakes with 2% milk
1 spring roll and 4 steamed dumplings
24 oz water

The poor meal plan is either a result of my mood or my mood is the result of my poor meal plan. Hope tomorrow is better
Old 01-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
WahineByTheSea Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Thanks!

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit. So yummy. 350 calories
Lunch: Fruit and bran muffin. 400 calories
Snack: Cookies. 300 calories at least
Dinner: Nacho Ordinary Taco Salad (Looneyspoons) 450 calories
Total: 1500

Ugh. Would have been OK if I could have resisted the cookies . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala165 View Post
Hello everyone,
Today I have been angry all day and that is pissing me off.
Me too! Is it something about the weather? Daylight length?

Of course, I've also been starving all week . . . maybe that has something to do with it . . .

Last edited by WahineByTheSea; 01-16-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Good Evening

Starting this week I have am only weighing once a week! I was getting very compulsive about weighing. I found myself on the scales 3 or 4 times a day and this is not good behavior for me. I still have the urge to check my weight several times a day but I know that if I resist, I will eventually adapt to a new more healthy habit.

I never thought that I would say this, but I have been uncomfortably full in the evenings. I am going to have to reduce what I eat for my dinner. Many of you know that I have been experimenting with a combination of calorie counting and Volumetrics. Breakfast is normally skipped, Lunch is a controlled calorie meat, starch and veggy. Dinner I switch to Volumetrics which entails eating a lot of low calorie density food. Last night I had a large onion boiled in sodium free chicken broth to which I added a whole can of no salt added green beans, a whole can of no salt added mushrooms and some hot chili sauce. I also had two raw medium size Granny Smith apples. All this dinner food added up to 354 calories and 190 mg sodium. I ended the day at 1,065 calories which is way under my 1,440 goal. But as I said I was uncomfortable and did not want to eat any more. I may have to add breakfast or increase my lunch calories.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #253  

First check in here for me. My only exercise is walking for half an hour twice daily for my commute to work. At this point I'm fine doing that five days a week because of my joints; as I continue losing I'll start getting more active. Here's my menu:

B: 2 boiled eggs, peanut butter on whole wheat toast
S: Mixed nuts
L: salad with cottage cheese
D: Chicken breast + hasselback potato
Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Hi everyone!

Long, long day. Have a headache. I'm checking in, then I'm checking out for the night.

Kelijpa: congrats on the .4. Hope the work lunch went well
Diana: you're so consistent. Great job!
Shanhat: hope you can get your iphone back
shr1nk1ngme: congrats on the whoosh!
alaskanlaughter: I'm with you on the low carbs. I just can't do it without feeling like I'm starving.
Lala: sorry to hear you're having an off day. hope tomorrow is better
Larry: congrats on 37 years!
Wahinebythesea: overall, sounds like you had a good day as far as your food goes. the odd extra won't ruin your weight, as long as you're basically consistent.
Locke:

Scale down 1.6 since yesterday. However, I've been very hungry today. Ate almost 2200 calories. We'll see what the scale does tomorrow.

Good night.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #255  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi Diana, lunch went well, went with my original plan, my first portobello mushroom sandwich, I really liked it, not sure why I never had one before, DH made soup for dinner so looks like a decent day.

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- portobello mushroom sandwich, waffle cut sweet potato fries
S- apple, 1/2 large orange
D- Italian bean soup
E- 60 minutes 14.6 miles exercise bike

Ian congrats on the egg cooker, I love eggs! Hope you're having a great time, I beg that first beer tasted pretty good

Larry I can so relate to the scale thing, I've done that, weighing multiple times a day! I started weighing myself before bed, so I stopped that last night...

Hi roadbikerchick I often have a hungry day after a drop, hope your headache is gone by morning!
Hope everyone's having a great night

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-16-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Closed Thread