Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Last year: stop gaining weight! I've done great with that.
This year: do a pull-up. Wish me luck!
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #32  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I didn't make any New Years resolutions. Haven't in years. However, I did keep the last one I actually made. To NOT make any more NY resolutions.

However, in December, I take some time to think about the passing year, and and life changes and what would it be thoughtful for me to be better at.

What things are more important, what things not so much.

In the last 3 years, I have been blessed with 4 beautiful grand children!

The newest born 12-13-2013!

So, typing this bites, since I really buggered up my left pinky, unloading the barbell at the gym, pinched the cr@p out of it, anyway, for the new year, while not resolutions, just things I need to take into consideration.

Workouts, get my bu** out of bed and do it first thing. I have no excuse. I had been doing them at lunch, but that was getting to be a pain.

I am working on how to change time management, to stick with food and workouts, but also spend more time with the grand kids, and along with that, my Mother needs help. My 96 yo gramma finally said she could not stay home anymore and went to the nursing home 2 days before Thanksgiving. So, now we need to clean out our hoarding Mom's house, so she can take the antiques, and Gramma's house, and get it sold.

In the meantime, my inlaws, have been in a large, farm estate settlement, due to the death of my DH's grandmother. Fight, fight, fight, fight!

That is finally getting solved.

Anyway, for the new year, while it's not a resolution, I realize, what I need to do is practice patience and forgiveness. With myself first, I'm no good to no one else, if I'm not patient and forgiving with myself.

Beyond that, some days will be good and some days, not, all of this family stuff. But, I have great siblings, and a great Dh, and we will get through it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #33  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I made the same clichéd "lose weight and eat better" resolution I had made every New Year's eve so this year I decide to do a more targeted approach. I'm going to go to the gym at least 4 days a week, I'm going to cut out diet soda, I'm going to keep a food journal (I suuuuuuck at this,) and I'm going to try not to be so critical of my body. Al hopefully doable. And good luck to all of you with yoyra!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

1. Try to work out at the gym once or twice a week. FAILED
-Was too depressed about money made a lot of excuses.

2. Wanted to eat better cook more. SUCESS - Learned to cook more ate much healthier and organized recipes.

3. Drink coffee at home - SUCESS - Less calories than out to eat but more calories than before because I'm using soy milk which is fine with me.

4. Make a solid routine and keep it. - FAILED No routine

5. Maintain weight. Did so until Nov

1. Make a routine and stick to it. Morning work out (run or swim at night)
2. Switch up recipes
3. Make a weekly menu and stick to it
4. More healthy snacks
5. No more stuffing myself - Mindful eating

Missed the polar plunge this year due to illness next year skipping events that lead to messing up NYD plans.
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Last year I promised myself I would maintain my previous weight loss and get solidly into the healthy bmi range which I did

This year I want to lose the last 20lbs
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote