Getting out of the 160's - all ages/diets

You're on Page 1 of 35
Go to
  • Anybody else wanna join me? There is a thread in the 20-somethings and another in the 30-somethings, but I'll bet there are LOTS of us in ALL age/diet categories who need to encourage one another for this ten pound hurdle.

Calling the 20-somethings and 30-somethings, too! There aren't enough of us to hide in the age specific threads. C'mon everyone, let's come out and play together.

This morning I weighed in at 169.8, so it remains to be seen if it will stick. But I rarely bounce back up the scale so, here I am. Anybody else?
  • Hi! I'm in. I have been eating and drinking my way up to nearly 170. This thread might be the kick in the pants I need! I last weighed in at 168.7.
  • Ooh, this might be the place for me.

I'm a lifelong skinny person who blimped out in my late 40s. So I'm appalled to be in the 160s, but these days it's my skinny weight! At highest I was 183-85.

I do Zumba, and try to eat well but reasonably carefully. Still, I cannot now get out of this particular "decade." I'm at the age where 150 would be a very happy weight for me, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is IT.
  • This could be fun! My official goal is to maintain below 170. But I keep having trouble with that in the summer time. I'm starting to think I would do better if the low end of my maintenance range were 160 instead of 165. But I have no idea if I can get down there. It would be fun to try and get there early in the year to see if I can really stay below 170 for a whole year. So, I'll shoot for 159.9. Today's morning weight was 166.7.
  • Looks like fun...
  • My weight is up today, but I had soy sauce with supper last night so that's not unexpected. How is everyone else doing?
  • I'll be joining you too. I'm dying to get under 160lbs. I've been hovering around 165-169lbs for months.

Also, I'm feeling flabby because I can't get out to walk the same. (snowy/no sidewalks)

I hope all of you are having a good eating day!
  • I'm up right now, 171 thanks to sodium bombs I've been having all weekend. I hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • Staying on plan, holding steady at 169.5. Crossing my fingers that I don't go back into the 170's over the next few days...
  • ooh, me me me! I went from 174 (highest ever besides pregnancy) down to 158, and then I went to Vegas in July. Came back 167! THEN, got back to around 163 and then all of a sudden BOOM! UP to 167 again! wtf?

Just got back from Vegas again last week, and I left here weighing 165 (I knew I was in trouble) and came back 171!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!! You can't gain fat in 3 days time! But water weight is one of my biggest enemies. I can literally carry 10 pounds of it. So this morning is a tiny bit better than when I got back on the 19th. 168. I still have 10 pounds to get back to where I was, and most of that (at least half of it anyway) is water, I am sure.

I'm a size 10 jeans no matter what - the only way I can wear my size 8s is when I weigh around 155 or less.

So here's to getting out of the $@#@$@# 160's!
  • I'm down today to 166.2. We'll see how I fare with the next 24 hours -- another meal with soy sauce (healthy, though!) and then the main Christmas event at the in-laws.
  • Do you use low sodium soy sauce? That might help a tiny little bit...
  • 169.2 this morning. W00t! Still not "safely" below 170 but I've held my own below 170 for three days in a row and I'm inching ever so slowly downward, so I am happy. Today is a down-day (I'm on low-carb plus JUDDD/intermittent fasting) so tomorrow morning hopefully it'll be lower. We're having a quiet family evening tonight with no foodie events, so as long as I can stay away from all the food I pre-prepared for tomorrow, I should be OK. I'm even gonna walk the dog for an hour.

All our food prep, cleaning, and wrapping is DONE! Except for tomorrow morning, when I have to set out all the breakfast foods/snacks, start the Tofurky in the crockpot, and pop all the side dishes into the oven, I am freeeeee!!!

Oops I just remembered I have to put away a mountain of clean clothes on the bed in the bedroom. Shoulda known better...
  • Thanks for sending me the link, ShrinkingMe! I had bubbled back up to 167 ish just before Christmas, I am giving myself a few days of clean eating before hopping back on the scale. I have been hung up in the 160's for a loooong time, and am ready to see 150's!
  • 167 this morning...water slowly coming off, but I did have a couple shots last night so I may retain more today. I'm still holding on to about 5 or 6 pounds of it! SUCKS. I was in the 150s back in May, and I fully intend to not only get back in to them, but actually weigh 150 to 154 again. It's where I am most comfortable...