Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #241  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

166 today. Ate fine yesterday, just the weekly fluctuations at play. Can't wait to see a drop (eventually).
---

love2b150: Thanks. It's nice to know that others know what I'm talking about. I don't know what it is that causes those cravings, but I hope I can figure out ways to reliably combat them. I appreciated your reply a lot.
And congrats on your loss!

PostWeddingsmallsize: Congrats! And I hope next month calms down a bit for you.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 03-29-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #242  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks LiannaKole , I don't know what causes them either. I guess it's just being human and being so use to eating those things. If we were never introduced to those foods we wouldn't want them and eating them whenever we wanted didn't help. So we taste them without them even being there I just had to endure the kids eating toast with jelly and Ramen noodles ... oh the smells are mouth watering but I just ignored them We can do it and we will. We've got to focus on our goal and prayerfully that will help pull us through

I got to go the gym to burn off the chicken that I ate this morning. Had a gathering at church and for breakfast was chicken biscuits (I brought the biscuit home) I ate the chicken (pretty salty) so I've got to get my water in and a bowl of fruit. I had a low carb chocolate protein shake at the gym for lunch and I am feeling good. Got on the elliptical for 20 minutes not long but enough for me and I did a two mile uphill walk. Gotta stay focused the rest of the day so I don't blow it
Old 03-30-2014, 04:34 AM   #243  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default 163!

163.5 Today!!!!
Wot wot wot!!!!
I'm oh so happy! The weekend is proving better that I imagined. But it hasn't ended yet.
I'm planning to have to rice today too. I'll make sure I walk as much as I can.
Enjoy your SUNDAY y'all!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Well, I had wanted to lose 3 more pounds till next weekend which is not going to happen. I did lose 2 of the 5 so that's good. And possibly I can lose one more. But I've been kind of pigging out this week on nuts and cream cheese (I low carb) so my water weight is up.

I haven't run since Monday except for a little treadmill on Thursday. Valid excuses: sick 3 days, HEAVY rain 2 days. But I will still shed the water weight quickly as I re-increase my water intake.

I'd really like to reinvigorate everything and push out of the 160s by April. I think I can JUST squeak into the 150s while still being in April. I have a pair of jeans with my name written on that should fit by the time I shed the 160s.

So this week will be run, run, run and classes when I can. Maybe some fast days just to detox. I haven't really been offtrack, but I will re-dedicate just the same as we go into a new month.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #245  
Hi there!

Still 166 (my body seems to like that number lately). Hopefully that'll go down - I'm planning to do a lot of walking next week.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 03-30-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #246  
~Rennie

thirti4thirty way to go, you are gonna make me work I'm gonna have to step up my workouts and eating to keep up with you Thank you for the push

Mad Donnelly, I definitely think that you can have a nice whoosh between now and Tuesday, running and water will definitely make it happen, best of luck to you

LiannaKole I got stuck at 167 and it seemed like it took forever for it to leave. It took some low calorie days and lots of water to get the scale to move, not to mention NO carbs.

Well thanks to Takis last night I was up .2 this morning to 163.4 so thirti4thirty I am right here with you. Like I said you are gonna make me work, LOL. I've got to keep up because tomorrow you'll be 162 and I'll actually I'll celebrate and push on
Old 03-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #247  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
166 today. Ate fine yesterday, just the weekly fluctuations at play. Can't wait to see a drop (eventually).
---

love2b150: Thanks. It's nice to know that others know what I'm talking about. I don't know what it is that causes those cravings, but I hope I can figure out ways to reliably combat them. I appreciated your reply a lot.
And congrats on your loss!

PostWeddingsmallsize: Congrats! And I hope next month calms down a bit for you.
im 166 today too
Old 03-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #248  
Blessed Person Here

lol love2b. You won't need to! I didn't go easy on the rice and unfortunately for me, after that I had family over and ate and ate again. Was planning to go out walk it off this evening but ended up chatting with a friend for hours!
Feeling bad now and shyly awaiting lady scale's wrath tomorrow!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #249  
~Rennie

skittlesfirehawk, to the thread

thirti4thirty, I was feeling bad also see my post below from my daily weigh in thread. Not sure where you are but are you able to get maybe a 20 minute walk in before it gets dark out? and double that we don't have disappointing weigh-ins in the morning

I did horribly today ... I came home from church and got into those Takis, and then ate cake with icing. I also ate some things that weren't bad but when you add up the bad things it's like wow, WHY DID I DO THAT? My sons had been saying since this morning they wanted to go to the gym so we went at the last minute. I got in a 41 minute power walk, 2.44 miles calorie burn was 325 so that helped with the cake at least.

I have to get it right or I will blow my end of the month. It's bad enough that I typically weigh less the last day of a month and then the first day of the new month I am up, WHY IS THAT???

Last edited by love2b150; 03-30-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Hi guys!!

love2b-You are so diligent on MFP it's amazing!! I need to be on top of my game more!!

thirty-CONGRATS!! lower 160s!!! you're doing amazing!!

I just came back from a road trip so SF and am bloated and cranky today. I'm so mad at myself for not being better at this weight loss thing. I swear I make it harder than it needs to be. Back at 170 today, but at least I know why?

The carb cravings have been through the roof. I want everything I usually don't even like (saltine crackers...like really? REALLY?!)

Tomorrow is a new day so here's hoping it works out! I'm going to give this intuitive eating a go and see how it works. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:04 AM   #251  
Blessed Person Here

So today I'm back to 164.2 I was expecting something like that. Lady scale is reacting to stubborn me!
But I walked sooo much this morning. I must have walked 10 miles! lol

love2b: Congrats on going to the gym to kick the cake's ***! lol
hhm: I know that all too well. I'm still in my TOM. So y'day I had a bottle of coke, 2 twix doubles, and another dessert. I ate the whole day cos I was with my sis and she helped spoil my day diet-wise!
I kinda want to blame it on TOM cos if I were not in it maybe the sweet tooth wouldn't have been so strong and I might have been able to refuse some of the temptations.
But well, the past is past. Right? So I guess it's just temporary. Just stay on the wagon and find a way to burning it.

For y'all my 160's peeps, I'm reposting this thread I made this morning. I'm simply too happy and feeling in the mood to share my happiness!
Have a nice day y'all

Do you know that rare feeling when you wake up feeling energized and ready to walk the whole earth? When you're so happy that your body feels too small to contain your happiness?
Today for me is one of those.
I love rain, and it's raining
I love nature, and I had a 2 hrs walk in gorgeous breathtaking weather.
I had some problems at work.
I found solutions to them.
Only one question on my mind this morning:
Why me? Why does God love ME so much?
Why does he bless me so much?
To whom much is given, much is expected in return.
I will stay faithful to you, God.
Just give me strength, please.
MORE DAYS LIKE THIS, PLEASE!

I love MYSELF!

:w oohoo::woo hoo::wooho o:

Sometime ago I made a post about how I was able to bend over and buckle my sandals.
A few days ago I made a post upon losing 20 lbs for the first time in my whole entire life.
So I didn't have such a great weekend. But I swear the joy I feel this morning, the scale can't take away from me. I'm so full of joy.
Y'day when I was wearing my sandals, I kept looking for a whole above the usual one I was using and was quite upset that I couldn't find it. But I was so much in a hurry that I didn't give it much thought.
Today, I had a two hours walk at my workplace. It's huge! I kept going up and down hills, houses, beautiful trees. I didn't want to stop. I stopped only out of exhaustion. But while I was walking, I noticed with great joy that my shoes (work shoes) were falling off me. Seriously?! Have I dropped a shoe size? YES!
My body is too small to contain the joyful feeling right now! I might explode

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 03-31-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 AM   #252  
~Rennie

Thanks hhm , had I not been diligent on MFP yesterday I would have totally been screwed today. I have a friend from home (VA) that I had to text yesterday because I had messed up, that's how bad I felt yesterday. A road trip weight is water ... so get your water in and that ugly "7" will be gone Don't be mad you had a good time right? It has taken me years to get to where I am now. Years ago I was happily married with a bunch of young children and honestly didn't think much about the way I looked because my husband didn't and still doesn't complain/talk about my weight. If I'm happy he's happy. But I had to do better at this weight loss thing for me and WANT this for me. Personally I believe it's just age for me. There are so many things in life that I saw for myself by the time I reached this age and I haven't achieved any and this one I can do with will power and effort so this will be my first accomplishment You've got this so don't get too mad at yourself And IE really works. I did it for years but didn't know it and doing it the right way (with the right foods) is even better

Thanks thirti4thirty Remember that's just water weight and I'm sure the walking will pay off on the scale in the morning and on your POST to GOD be the GLORY FOREVER. I know that joy all too well ... I have my times but the spirit of the Lord is with me, He is my strength and His mercy endures. At the end of my emails says "BE BLESSED AND REMEMBER TO BE A BLESSING" You have and will definitely bless others with your post. God Bless You ... Keep that JOY my Sister Oh and on the sandals what a great NSV

New Low TODAY 162.6 ... I am very Happy with me
Old 03-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #253  
Hi there!

Congrats to those of you who are going lower!

And to those of you retaining water weight, I am right there with you. I'm 166.4 today, which logically makes no sense because I ate well yesterday. But I used to get very hung up on fluctuations, and I'm working on not doing that. I can't control a lot of the water weight my body has - it'll let it go when it's good and ready.

But, something nice happened the other day. I went to visit my mom and she and my sister hung out for a while, which was great. But she went to get her wedding ring and engagement ring cleaned, and had me hold them while she signed something. I used to try them on when I was a kid, but they stopped fitting me when I was a teen and haven fitted since. So I didn't even think about it and tried one on. It fit. Not only that, it was a little bit loose. The other one too. Which is WEIRD, because my mom is much shorter and smaller than me, and she's never resized any of her rings. Don't know why it happened, but it's cool that they fit now!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #254  
~Rennie

LiannaKole, water weight is a beast on this journey The good thing is it usually does go as quickly as it came as long as we do as we're supposed to so your eating well yesterday will certainly reward you That's great about your Mom's wedding rings I just told my husband that I have to be careful now at church if I lift my hands my ring is so loose it may fly off. I'm not gonna have it resized, I'll just use a guard.

My little one told me this morning while waiting for her bus that she thinks I am losing weight too fast (she's 10). She said, "because if you keep losing weight you're gonna have to buy all new clothes!) her bus came so I'll have to ask her to finish what she was saying this evening. Kids are funny

Oh went to the gym did 2.62 miles burn 325 calories, feeling good

Last edited by love2b150; 03-31-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Yikes 172 this morning!! Not happy with that, but it feels like a fluke?

I still didn't get another scale. I have been eating well today though! and I've drank a lot of water, time to get a good workout in and keep up with it!

I've started IE this time, so I hope this will be easier. I don't know why calorie counting has been so tiresome lately =(

Love2b- yayy for that low!! I am excited for you!! You're making great progress!! Aww and thanks for that perspective! I always wish I started weight loss when I was younger, but I guess I should be glad I'm starting now! I went to my doctor and she told me the lowest recorded weight she has for me in high school was 163! I am 5 lbs away from that! Can't wait to get there!
Closed Thread