Getting out of the 160's - all ages/diets

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • Hi...I would like to join! Right now, I weight 167 lbs. Just joined the gym last month and planning on working out at least 5 days a week after the holidays!
  • I'm down to 165.8, down 0.9 lbs since December 22. With both Christmas Dinner and a fabulous meal out in there, I'm pleased with that.
  • Hello all
    Love to join in. Was in the daily accountability forum and tried to rejoin but then saw this thread.
    Yes I was at 159 when I quit because with exercise and portion control I was getting no weight loss, but after quitting I am back to 163.4!! Hopefully I can get back to where I was at 159 and then go to my goal of 145- if ever!

Has anyone heard of the cereal diet. Has it worked for anyone?
  • Quote: I'm down to 165.8, down 0.9 lbs since December 22. With both Christmas Dinner and a fabulous meal out in there, I'm pleased with that.
    That's AWESOME!

Quote: Has anyone heard of the cereal diet. Has it worked for anyone?
    Never heard of it. But, it must be high fibre cereal, right?

My scale says 167lbs this morning. Not too bad. I've been sick so, I guess my 'feel better' combo of soup and Christmas cookies hasn't hurt me. LOL

I'm hoping to get closer to my goal of losing 27lbs this coming year. It feels like so much. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.
  • I went up to 168 - holding so much water right now it's annoying. TOM is late, but I have an ultrasound (well, 2 of them, one pelvic and one abdominal) on Thursday because doc thinks I may have a cyst on my ovary or something. This could be the reason for the water retention...I haven't been doing cardio, either, which usually keeps water off pretty good. But I haven't been motivated to exercise lately, which is not normal. bleh.
  • Thanks for the invite to this link, such a great idea as I'm sure we all go through the same things with weight loss, regardless of age.

I did actually dip my toe in the 150s before Christmas but now I'm back to 160.5, so time to apply myself again!!
  • I am stuck at 167.6 for the past few days. Didn't weigh in this morning since yesterday was an Up Day (I am on JUDDD/Intermittent Fasting). Hopefully, after a Down Day today, tomorrow morning I will weigh in at 166.something...
  • Hi Peeps! Sorry I haven't been around - with holidays and two birthdays this time of year, it can get crazy around these parts!

I have been 100% off plan, hahaha, with all this going on. BUT have been trying to not go too crazy. I was due to host Christmas meal for my family and a handful of others but everything fell apart and we ended up with 2 guests instead of 18. My family is coming over on the 1st instead, it's going to be low key Chili and corn bread instead of the full Christmas spread (which for us looks much like Thanksgiving).

Oh yeah, and the tummy flu went through the house. O.o It's been a ride!

Sycgirlsfv, hope everything pulls through clear for you.

Looking forward to the journey!
  • Becky Quilts - thank you!
  • My weight went down to 166.4 after a DownDay yesterday. Today's an UpDay so I am eating to my heart's content (well, almost). Tomorrow's another DownDay.

No big plans tonight. Jut staying in with DH and DD. DH says he's not even planning to stay awake until midnight, so it's really just surfing the net and being generally low-key.

I think I'm going to go walk the dog.
  • Happy New Year, everyone! I'm looking to see a number below 160 in 2014! I've been stuck at the same weight for three days, 165.8. My goal is to get that down a pound in January, which will match my lowest weight in all of 2013.
  • Happy New Year!
    Cheering for you gardnerjoy! Thank you for your response veggiedawg. The splurges during NY party got me this morning weight is 166.8��
    Ran 3 miles and trying to be good today with eating. Hopefully the sodium will go away and the 5 pound weight gain from mid- Dec to now will be managed.
  • Well, most of my fitness plans fell through today. But tonight I walked two miles with 22 pounds of weights, so it wasn't a total wash.

It was a DownDay so I hardly ate anything all day.

Tomorrow is an UpDay. More food, more exercise. Let's do this!
  • Woohoo! I got a drop this morning. Nice to see that early in the New Year. From 165.8 to 165.2. More than half-way to my goal for the month. But I lose in fits and starts, so it doesn't mean I'll meet my goal tomorrow.
  • Way to go Gardenerjoy! Maintenance requires constant vigilance. You have been succeeding at it so I should probably pick your brain for tips. I always reach my goal but then I fail to maintain.

BTW we should talk gardening sometime. I am a very serious gardener and I love talking about my plants.

Weighed in today at 165.4. I am so happy I could do a happy dance! Hold on....

OK, just did my happy dance.