Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #466  

Height: 5'7"

Hello, all! I'm happy to finally join the 170s thread! I'm in the final countdown to my goal of 165 so I'm super excited to only be one decade away!
My goal...one measly pound per week to get there by Christmas. Fourteen pounds, fourteen weeks - I love the symmetry!

Marina, I so know what you mean. I was in the 180s FOREVER...six or seven weeks! Well, it FELT like forever! Here's hoping for a quicker run through for all of us!

MarliQQ - are you still around? Hope everything is okay!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #467  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Frances123 Yes hun . Not as active, but still subbed to certain threads. Have been in a bit if a funk, not so much with weight loss, but life . I am back to working out now, not my full on usual program, but running daily feels like the only thing that I want to do. Maybe I will get back into it soon, but not now .
Old 09-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey, a 170s thread that people are actually on! Hello! *waves*
Old 09-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechemistmommy View Post
Hey, a 170s thread that people are actually on! Hello! *waves*
Lol....! This is soooooo true and exactly what i thought when i found this thread! Welcome!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #470  

Hooray for an active board!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #471  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Brasil View Post
Lol....! This is soooooo true and exactly what i thought when i found this thread! Welcome!
Thank you! excited to see everyone! How is everyone today? (I'm in a good mood...the weather here turned gorgeous. Lol.)
Old 09-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #472  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

I am 172 today. Which is good, because I thought 172 yesterday was a fluke. If I can hit 160's by the month's end that will be amazing. My mini goal is currently 165, which is significant because it means that I will no longer have the label of overweight. Just average.....average sounds sucky though because I am so not average--so let's just say I will no longer be considered horizontally challenged by doctors.
My sister's wedding is November 1st, so 165 definitely needs to be hit by then. It will be cool to head back down to Georgia and see old acquaintances and take those "forever pictures" you take at weddings. Plus November 27th is fast approaching, and that is the very day back in 2013 that I decided to embark on my weight loss journey. I want to be as close to goal as possible .

thechemistmommy Doing okay, I am in a grumpy mood. Just walked and washed the dog, but found myself yelling at him , so I quarantined myself until I get the stick out of my arse . But yes it was beautiful out today, I found myself marveling at the sky as I was out walking as well .
Old 09-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #473  

MarliQQ - CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's fantastic! You're almost to the 160s! Good luck getting there by the end of the month!

My weight loss has slowed down since I'm closer to goal, too. I want to hit 175 by Halloween at the latest - a little less than a pound a week - and my goal of 165 by Christmas - 14 pounds in 14 weeks. I'm just trying to be conservative. But it would be great if I could actually get there a little quicker!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #474  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

So I let some people steal my happiness, and I need to stop allowing that, and just let certain people in my life wallow in their own insecurities...I cannot stand that I dwell on comments made by people who I know have their own issues. 90% of the negative comments are being made by overweight women! It would be easy to just say it is jealousy, but I think it is something more than that...I mean right now I am in reflective mode so I can put this all on perspective, but it doesn't stop my initial anger after a comment is made .
The crazy thing is, that I had stopped getting the unwanted comments about my weight loss for a while now--except a few amusing comments that I knew had good intentions. I even had a laugh yesterday when I went to the bank yesterday and a bank employee did a triple-take at my driver's license and me to compare. And then when the second bank employee did the same thing, I cleared it up by just saying "75lbs ago." He proceeded to say "Oh" and then after looking at my DL issue date he says with a dumbfounded face, "Since November??!". I laughed at him, and took my DL back and found myself smiling at my fat faced picture. I have made jokes about the pic, because it does look like I stuffed my jaws with marshmallows, and I remember last year when I took the pic, I thought I didn't look too fat. I was wrong. I look at it fondly like the girl in the pic is an old friend, so I actually like my DL .
However, I am contemplating retaking the picture and just keeping the old DL as a keepsake, for one reason and one reason only--I am tired of being looked at as if I stealing someone's identity . The incident at the bank was not the first issue I have had with my DL, it has been happening for the last few months at different venues, and knowing me, constantly explaining it will just get frustrating...
Old 09-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #475  

177, 4 lbs today. I'll lose some weight, gain almost all of it back then lose some more till i get to a new low and then gain almost of it back and so on..... Ugh! That's so annoying!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 09-21-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #476  

Marina - Oh, I so know what you mean! I miss those steady, reliable drops from heavier days. But hey, this must mean we're getting pretty close to goal. Have you thought about changing something up to trick your body into dropping a little weight? I've been trying to think of something I could do differently, too!

MarliQQ - Ugh, isn't it awful how as women, we tear each other down? I'm glad you recognize that it's nothing personal! I know what you mean about the comments, too. It seems like I get them all the time, mainly at the gym. I'm happy about it, but it makes me feel a little self-conscious. And some of them are kind of back-handed: "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! When you first started coming, I looked at you and thought, 'PHEW!! She REALLY needs to be here!'" Not much you can say to a comment like that! Anyway, I think it's a fun idea to get a new DL for your new self!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #477  

176,8 today (80, 2kg).

Frances, actually i still have 47.1 lbs to go... i'm short, only 5' 1'' (1, 58m). I've lost 45.8 lbs so far, which means i'm almost half way through. I'll start weight training soon, so that might help boost my weight lossa little. I'll be happy if i continue to lose at this pace, though, i just hate the fact that i regain almost all i lose and then start losing again.... Not sure if this is my body's new pattern or if i'm just eating more in some days (i don't count calories, so it could be that).
Old 09-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

wow, this thread is taking off! I am at 178 today. I go up and down quite a bit but I'm for the most part maintaining. Hopefully I'll get the forward momentum going again.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #479  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

Did a bunch of a shopping today for my new body and my new job! I was so surprised at what I can fit into! I definitely have a warped image of myself, I wish I could view myself from someone else's eyes--I think then, I would better appreciate the weight loss. I bought tons of fitted outfits to show off the little hard work I can see and appreciate though! I had a mini fashion show in my mirror at home, just completely crushing on myself. I mean, I always though I was cute but now me, she, her, who? you sexy!--is just getting so snatched! I am too much today ....

Frances123 See? That is why I can't go to the gym , I don't need those kind of comments. I know they say people are in their own worlds at the gym, but I am a people watcher (or just nosy) by nature, so I don't believe it. I don't need you critiquing me and my workout plan . I don't care to think about what you think I need to be doing at my weight .

Marina Brasil Yeah, if you are not calorie counting, it could very well be that, trust me. I learned quickly that just because you don't feel like you ate a lot, that such is the case. For now though, try and live in the moment--I know easier said than done--but you finally made it out of the 180's, and you're now just about midway through this one. Excellent progress? I think so .

lotsakids It will happen hun, the moment you decide it will . And congrats on holding steady .
Old 09-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #480  

"Unofficially" 178 today - hooray! That's the pound drop I was looking for this week, so anything else is just gravy.

MarliQQ - congrats on the new job! What do you do? And, of course, congrats on the size/store stuff! Doesn't it feel good? You've worked hard - enjoy it!!

Hey, lotsakids, we're exactly the same weight! Fingers crossed for momentum!

Marina - oh, I see what you mean! I bet weight training will help, although you'll probably see a slight bump UP in the scale at first, maybe for a couple weeks, from gaining muscle and all. I don't know if that happens to everyone, but I've heard about it from a lot of people. You'll be losing inches, though, and the scale will catch up pretty soon!
Closed Thread