Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 08:12 AM   #121  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Day 10

Good Morning, Lovelies! Whoa, have I been busy - hurricane DGS hit yesterday. Also had my sister over for lunch, counting on DGS' 3-hour naps. Well. OF COURSE he didn't sleep yesterday. Had him from 6:45 till 4:45, going non-stop. And then I had an assignment last night, so I was working from 5 'til 10. T-I-R-E-D. The day before I'd opened a word file to write some responses off and on through the day, rather than trying to do it all in one, so some of these might be going a couple of days back. Hope you can still figure out what I'm referring to

Noticed yesterday how much flatter my tummy is.

KAYLETS! Yes, our BDs are both in July -- did you slip that past us? July 5th is our beloved Kaylet's birthday and the closest I could see to a mention was that you said DH was making you breakfast! Ah, let's just celebrate Kaylets all month!

Happy Belated!

For some reason, I cannot think of you as being my age. You always seem to be maybe early-mid thirties: mature, but still fresh and youthful. You're a beautiful, beautiful spirit!

Eydie, my birthday's July 18th - Friday. I have been making enough noise about it! I always thought that was the perfect time for a birthday. Really mid-summer here, and one of the times of the year that you can expect nice weather. We've had terrific summer weather here this year, though. Lots of sunny days in the upper 20s. Would be ideal for living on the shore, which is my ultimate dream.

Metta, I think you shouldn't worry about eating more on days when you're extra hungry. Some days are hungrier than others, and I think it means that we need more calories on those days. On the bright side, DBF did say that you ate a lot "for a woman your size." Back-handed compliment? I remember years ago, when I was rather slender (where's the wistful smiley?) I was at a fast-food place with DBF and was having a ravenous day. I wolfed a goodly portion and sat back to see that DBF was only half-finished his plate. I hadn't even looked up! He stood up and picked up my tray and said in a loud voice, "Can I get you another tray of food, Lovey?"

Anagram, I was v. relieved to see how long it took you to do your floor. I thought, "How can it have taken me so long?" But you're right. That's just how long it takes. If we allowed ourselves to realize how long those things REALLY took, it would be WAY too hard to make ourselves do them I told myself the same thing, too. That I wouldn't have to do it again in the forseeable future, because I had no intention of waxing over dirt myself.

Punkin, your wall sounds lovely! What color is it? Someone on one of the other threads just did some technique like that on her dining-room wall and posted a pic and it looked tres elegante!

Second anniversary of my 24th B'day.... uh, okay! Can I say I'm twice as good as a 24-year-old?

Happy belated to your mom, too. So glad that chemo's half done, too

Jenn, 150 sounds fantastic! What's your goal? You're getting there!

ZadieK, frozen chocolate covered banana rolled in nuts? That sounds WAY too good. And... let's see... mostly natural ingredients, not much sugar, no flour. Protein, potassium... That is definitely going on my sometime treat list. Should be possible to make at home.... Dark or milk chocolate? Inquiring minds want to know

Cerise, you are beyond sweet! I will continue flitting, and grow increasingly ageless rather than increasingly aged

I loved what you wrote about your brief sun-dappled glade experience! I was very touched. I hadn't thought of it before, but so many of these lovely experiences ARE very fleeting. Really, though, they are eternal, and last forever because we can call them up. Loved Anagram's lavendar, too.

A friend of mine used to pose for a drawing class. She really liked it, and found it empowering. She was slender, but had gained 10 pounds or so and thought she was fat. No complaints from the class, however. Then, over a Christmas break of maybe a month, she gained another 15-20 pounds (may have quit smoking, I'm not sure). After the first class back, one of the "artists" said to her: "Wow. I guess you really enjoyed your Christmas turkey!" OW! I think she quit then and I'm sure she still thinks of that as one of her most humiliating moments. What kind of a moron would say such a thing!?

I'm sure this is not a representative experience, though, just one of a very provincial, redneck sexist plunked into an art class.

Right then. I'd better get some work done. I'm determined to get the house party-ready, so I can mostly just relax on Saturday.

Let's make this a fabulous day. Love to all, mentioned or unmentioned!

Last edited by Arabella; 07-16-2003 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:01 AM   #122  

I'm in on a quickie this a.m. too as I've decided to make sure some of my "me" time today is off the computer.

I've already had the first slice - leisurely breakfast/paper read on the patio. One of the joys of my day with bunnies, squirrels, peace and quiet (marred slightly by some one who felt the need to share his music with the world). Oops - and with dh, too.

Second slice will be the pool and a relaxing workout. Third will be a class tonight (third of four). Lots of LITTLE things to squeeze in between but those darn little things can take so much time.

Kaylets, thanks for my new motto IF YOU'RE NOT DONE, KEEP GOING. It's a real positive, energizing thought for me.

Anyhow, folk, have a great day, op or not. WE'RE ALL HEALTHIER THAN WE'VE BEEN IN YEARS.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:15 AM   #123  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Yo! Still braindead so I'll be brief as well. So many great posts in here and all I can do these days is go !

Wood Nymph: That's a neat idea about just writing responses throughout the day and then posting! Hope you get some rest today.

Wildfire: Yo! How's your program going?

Punkin: I can't find your post about dizziness, just saw a response to it. Maybe it's just a stress response (could be sinus infection as well) but likely you should mention it to doc. Couldn't hurt. Happy belated birthday to your mom!

Frogger: Congrats on the new digs!!!

Sword Bearer: Yo!

Eydie: Are you still bellydancing? There are two people on the 21-day challenge thread that seem to be into that! Maybe I'll give it a try! Could look like the woman on that old genie tv show ... ... hm, that'd be nice!

Kaylets: Happy belated birthday to you! Thanks for all your inspiring posts and here's my answer to qod:

Yes, I've made pictures with food, long, long ago in the Girl Scouts or Brownies or Elfs or something. Remember gluing macaroni on paper to make a house and I think we did something artistic with peanut butter once, though I can't imagine what that could have consisted of. Also, we made gingerbread men and decorated them, so I guess that qualifies as a picture. Once I made a gingerbread house for Christmas.

To all, mentioned or unmentioned, have a great day!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-16-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #124  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy week-half-over Wednesday!

It's decision day here... my Mom just called me in to her bathroom and there was a sink full of hair. God I was dreading this day... How many pounds can I loose if I cry for an hour or so? We both said at the same time "let's just get this over with" - but she's trying to decide *when* to shave it - right now you barely touch her head and 30 hair fall out. Ug... this is hard. I need virtual hand holding you guys!

Snuck a peek at the scale this morning and I was down to 216.8... I am amazed, but I've been waiting for all my ellipticalling (is that a word?) to kick in, and wow did it!

Eydie, yeah, still bellydancing, but not as much... I've been attacking my elliptical almost every day for 20 minutes. For some reason it's just hitting the spot and I feel like I *have* to (or really, really want to). I've been just listening to what my body wants to do. I am taking my dvd's to Bo-Beena's house for her to see.... I'm gonna have her gettin' swively soon too!

Wildfire, I have my 2 month Dr. appointment today and I was going to bring it up. It's not a side effect of the meds that I could find anyway - but even if it was, last week was my "week off" with no drugs and it hit me on Sunday so I don't think it's related. I swear it's probably just psychosomatic - I don't want to go to work on Mondays!!!!
I am just loving the visuals of you on your new bike!!!

Anagram, congrats on the new wheels! You'll be able to give DH his shot, not problem. It's hard the first time, but you get used to it (the feeling IS like sticking an orange). I used to give myself Imitrex shots for migraines...

Amarantha, I'll go have a lurky-loo at your 21 day thread if you don't mind! One can never have too much support or inspiration!

Frogger, I'm impressed that you can keep all those neices and nephews straight! I have 1 "natural" neice (brother's daughter) and 4 neices and nephews that are the children of my bestest friends - and I have to keep a cheat-sheet on their ages and birthdays!

Ceara, you're right, this week is flying by!

Arabella, I'm tired reading about your day too! Work *and* hurricane DGS??? I hope you got some sort of visit in with your sister!
My wall has a cream base, then sponged with a warm burnt orange color and a green color that's kind of mix of dark dried grass and green olives... it turned out very nice and 4 days later I'm *still* impressed with it! I'll have to see if I can get a digital pic of it....
Oh, and yes, you CAN consider yourself twice as good as a 24 year old!

Kaylets, happy belated! You celebrated a very quiet birthday! We would've thrown roses and toasted with champagne for ya!

Q o' the day ~ absolutely I've made pictures with my food!

Off to find breakfast!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 07-16-2003 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:20 PM   #125  
Empress/Queen

Punkin, if there were a hand holding smilie, I'd be clicking it right now!!!!

Remember that this is just a stage in the process of mom getting well. She's going to get there!

Would love to have you do a 21-dayer with us!!! I'm totally sold on this challenge (thanks be to Arabella for introducing it here) and am gonna do it and then do another one with a new set o' "rules"!!! No deviations!
Old 07-16-2003, 05:40 PM   #126  
deleted2

Major Breakthru for me today! The toxic co-worker came into my workspace today, baiting me to start gossipping with her and when I didn't play along she insulted me by saying that she knew I'd just tell everyone what she said anyway. A complete untruth! Next thing I knew this mysterious crimson veil came down over me [too over the top?] and I told this woman that I wasn't having this EVER again. I think that she was quite surprized that I didn't just give in like I've done for the last 9 years. Let's just say that I made it clear that I wasn't interested in getting involved in any of the petty intrigues she tried to stir up; I suggested she engage a mediator or file a grievance if she had problems with the staff, etc. [In case anyone thinks that I was a complete lady about this, let me put your mind at ease and say that I used some choice expletives as I relayed this message!]

Not only that I've signed up for another yoga class. And I don't really want tp drive to it tonight, but I'm making the effort and stirring my old bones to do it.

All Hail, Queen Eydie! [if I do say so myself!!!]

Old 07-16-2003, 09:27 PM   #127  
caffeine free!

Hello,
It has been a very hectic day. I did a full run of the multiple choice section of the exam today. I have improved since last time and I am almost to passing with two weeks to go (from yesterday). By this time two weeks from now it will be all over and I will probably be drunk. Tomorow we are running a set of the essays which will be a little less grueling becuase it is less boring.

Terri - Please have a dose of handholding from me. Remember the chemo is almost over and the radiation is MUCH easier to deal with. Frequent, uncomfortable, but really not so bad. I ended up with a wacky tan on my stomach and they put me on the no fiber diet, but aside from that it is a piece of cake compared to chemo. So just hold on and wait it out a bit longer and it will all be much better.

Arabella - dark chocolate on the banana. it was so good it had to be bad for me but not too bad. a great treat for a hot day.

Eydie - Good job. Hopefully once will be enough for her to get the point that you do not play that game.

happy birthdays both belated and premature.

well, back to the grind.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:39 PM   #128  
Hot Stuff

Jesse Cook was FABULOUS!!! I even met him afterward, and he signed a CD for me!!!

I've got to get to bed, but I'm still high from the whole thing! Standing ovations, THREE encores.... What a night! If we hadn't changed our dinner plans at the last minute, we would have had dinner at the same restaurant that Jesse was at! While we were waiting outside before it started, he casually wandered in the front door, saying hi to everyone who was there. He's just incredible.

Old 07-17-2003, 06:10 AM   #129  

Angry Day 1

Good Morning, Lovelies! I had a big off-P incident yesterday, so I'm back to Day 1. Exhausted from day before. What I should have done was to allow myself to take the day off. I really got almost nothing done, anyway, because I just came to the computer and mostly goofed off. Wandered around the house. This is really a dangerous situation for me, plan-wise. I need to give myself what I need or my inner child will rise up and take the substitute of choice Back OnP again today, and reminding self that this is the way I intend to live forever, and I must just take any aberrant behavior for what it is, an aberration, and go on with my life.

Punkin, consider your hand held! Where is the darn hand-holding smiley? This one will have to do What an emotional event! We're all (women, that is) so involved with our hair, I think that the hair loss is one of the most stressful parts of chemo.

Re: ellipticalling (let's make it a word if it isn't one!) - there's just nothing like that high-intensity stuff for burning off the stress! How fantastic that you know you need that, and don't think you need ... oh, deep fried mars bars!

I did get in a visit with my sister, but it was surrounded by missed phone calls and waiting for calls returned so that I spent about an hour and a half trying to track her down. It was a stressful day The actual job (summarizing a conference call) actually went well, though. I finished by deadline, which is just possible when all conditions are right.

Do see if you can get a digital shot of your walls. They sound sumptuous!

Amarantha, I was braindead all day yesterday. I don't know why I can't just stay away from the computer when I'm in that state. I almost never accomplish anything. And it's a mystery to me where the time goes, too. That's one behavior I'd really like to shake. I should just go back to bed, with a novel or a stack of magazines if i can't sleep. Unfortunately, what I had instead was 3 ice cream treats. Oh well, today is another day. Day 1, that would be

Eydie, a big congrats on your confrontation! I know how much those nasty episodes with TCW (toxic coworker) bothered you. You're free!

Your spanikopita sounds yummy! I've thought of adding in more veggies, but never quite did it. And I'm always trying to get in more veggies, so it sounds helpful in that regard. I had some good chickpea patties at a women's dinner the other night. I think they'd be even better with a spicy or raita-type sauce - hmmm.... maybe coriander-mint sauce - but they were delicious, healthy, easy and cheap to make - can't beat that! I'm going to try them on DH some time soon.

Anagram, your setting sounds positively idyllic! What a lovely place to have coffee and gently start your day.

Frogger, DHs are like that! Mine asked me if I was thinking of doing laundry the other day. I was going out and said that it might not be all dry before I left, so there might be some left on the line. What a look I got! And then he expected applause for taking it off the line (and leaving it in the basket for me to put away).

Kaylets, old QoD: I will definitely take the personality over the looks. #1 - Good looks are just a crunchy candy coating; the personality is the real thing. Can't have a conversation with looks, just with a person. It just so happens that we're all lovely and have fabulous personalities! To some extent I think our personalities show in our looks and that makes us look either much better or much worse than we would otherwise.

#2 - I have known some people who were so gorgeous that you could hardly help but stare, but once I got to know them, they didn't look very good at all. To me, people with nasty personalities, or really stupid people (I know this is a failing on my part) are not attractive. Looks and personality are a great package deal. On the other hand, I've known people who were not really attractive that had terrific personalities, and as I got to know them they looked better and better to me.

Wildfire, sure sounds like you're having a blast these days! Your new bike, Jesse Cook again. I love JC too, and it's always so much better when a performer is a nice person, which he sounds like. Are you coming to PEI in August? That would be so cool!

Love to all, mentioned or unmentioned. Let's make this a great day!

Last edited by Arabella; 07-17-2003 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:45 AM   #130  

Hello all!!

Punkin-- I have the other hand!! And a big smooch for Mom!
I am so sorry you both have to go thru this.

Arabella- Enjoy your day tomorrow! I am suprised you went back to read my post for my birthday. I was in denial I guess that the last 40 number was being celebrated.
Am better adjusted now to it "being just a number, its how you feel..." but it is moving by quickly isnt it??

Thanks to eveyone who had such nice things to say with birthday wishes. I didnt mention it much on the board as I said, I was in denial. But frankly, am still suprised that my work group missed the whole thing. We have a round robin type of system for celebrating and somehow the last person who celebrated doesnt realize. I feel like it would just embarrass everyone to bring it up so I am not saying anything. Although it almost came out yesterday when we were reading the Humorscopes. ( Which by the way, I'm wondering if our thread would enjoy them. Hmmm--
maybe too much for here, perhaps just a separate thread for the Humorscope )

A wonderful email arrived from Bob Perks this am and here it is:

All stories are copyrighted 2003 Bob Perks.
Today's Message:

"A Sense of Possibility!"
(For my son Evan as he begins college.)
By Bob Perks
[email protected]

"Pop, what do I say to him? What one thing do I offer my son that would be the standard for him to live his life?" the man asked.

"Oh, the age old question," the old man said.

Realizing the significance of this moment in the relationship between he and his own son, he thought long and hard before answering.

He could reference faith, ethical and moral issues, hard work, commitment and of course, love. But deep within he heard the Voice that spoke clearly and concisely to his heart. Acknowledging it, he realized that he, too, had come full circle in his own life. For without this, there was no hope.

With his left hand on his son's shoulder, he lifted his right hand through the air like a stroke of a brush and said, "Begin each day with a "sense of possibility."

Look at a seed and marvel at all the "possible" within.
See a flower as your life, an expression of love, sympathy, beauty and forgiveness.
Watch a sunrise wash away the "impossible" of yesterday.
See rain and cloudy skies as a gift in contrast to the sun for they are equally important to life itself.
Look at a stranger and see the possibility of friendship and an expression of God's love.
See the road before you as a great adventure.
Hear the sound of a single note and realize it can become a symphony.
Hold a book in your hand and see it as an unopened treasure.
Discover that both noise and silence are equally important in your life.
See the possibility in the complexity of a city or in the simplicity of one single home.
Understand the significance and role of faith.
Know that both tragedy and loss are great teachers.
Believe that birth is ..... way of saying there's still hope for the world and death is but another dimension of life.
Laugh often. It will give you strength in the darkest hours of your life.
See the value of things discarded, unwanted by others. It proves that nothing is worthless.
Be in awe of both wide open spaces and crowded places.
Be the "possible" in "hopeless."
See the ocean in a single drop of water.
Perceive a tear as a world in itself.
See yourself as a needle and thread and rejoice in all you can create, mend, improve, change or cover up.
Recognize all the "possibilities" in old age and youth.
Believe that there are better days ahead for your country and the world because you are a participant, not just an observer........
"I believe in you!"
Bob Perks
[email protected]

Today's thought of the day is:

To know there is always more than what is seen, makes everything you look at a treasure."
-- Bob Perks
Question of the day:

"Have you ever felt sick from stress?"
-- Table Topics

To everyone-- have I told you lately how much I appreciate being a part of this group?? You're the best.

Take care--
Old 07-17-2003, 11:14 AM   #131  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Fly-by postie on way out door!!!

Arabella: I do that sitting on the computer when I really need to sleep or read thing as well, even when I'm not working. Now I'm getting a palm (used) for work but intend to use it in my 21-day challenge as a calorie counter, whatnot, when I could just write the calories down in a journal. I just can't leave computers alone!

I like having the 21-day thing on a separate thread ... it's really aiding me to focus on that. I think this is a powerful tool to advance the journey.

Eydie: Good for you for braving the ire of the toxic coworker ... there's one up in the newsroom where I'm working this month (but hopefully not forever) and it's making me crazy, though the venom is not directed towards me, rather I'm the prospective suckee into her world of anger and bitterness. It's not like I have no anger of my own, but why just feed it everyday?

I need a vacation.

Kaylets: No need to be in denial! You can be any age you wish to be ... it's all in the mind (and a little in the hormones).

QOD: I believe many of my ailments are caused by stress, including being overweight, and that this is a physical thing, the result of the stress hormone cortisol, which is good in some instances because without it we'd not be able to fight off attackers or get up in the morning, etc., but is bad in excess because it harms our bodies and also aids the body to hold onto excess fat, especially around the core area where it poses a greater risk for heart disease. All this is my own unscientific opinion and medly of mumbo jumbo. I don't really know. But cortisol be bad!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 12:59 PM   #132  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday eve!

Aaah, the week's almost over.....
Thank you all for the virtual hand holding. It helps to talk about it and for some reason, knowing that there's support there and that people care, is immensely comforting. Tomarrow after work we're all going to our hair dresser. My stepfather's shaving his head too. They both forbid me to but my Mom did buy me a hat! She keeps coming home with new hats - I had to ask her how long she intends to be bald!

I had my mood lightened a few shades yesterday afternoon... I had my 2 month Dr. appointment where she literally said "oh my God" like 3 times while weighing me and then proceeded to tell me how impressed she was with my loss - and especially how I'm managing to do this with all the "mom stuff" going on. Very few people understand why it's easy to lose weight now, because it's the ONLY thing I *can* control. So you grab what you can control and run with it... (oh, and the dizziness *is* a side effect and she thinks was also part low blood pressure, rapid weight loss and the fact that each time it'd happened I hadn't eaten in awhile....).
Then afterwards at the grocery store the lady checking me out said "you've lost weight!" (she and I have spoken in the past, she's from my hometown). Finally! Someone's noticed!!!

Kaylets, I agree with Amarantha, age is mostly in the mind. You are as old as you *feel* and I betcha' you were in denial because how you feel doesn't match what your birth certificate says! I think that's a GOOD thing!
Oh, and I'm all for a humorscope thread!

Amarantha, thank you for your hand.... yes, I have been reminding myself that it's part of the process. Heck, if she *wasn't* loosing her hair we'd be a little concerned that the chemo wasn't working right! I think it's the waiting that's getting us - let's just get it over with and break out the hats! I like this hat - or this one - ...

Eydie, indeed all hail Eydie! Good for you! Or as my friends would say "Go Goddess!".

Zadie, we'll all have a drink with you when your test is over! (virtual or otherwise!). Good luck!!!!!!
Thank you for your continued insite in to all this.... We were forewarned about the tanning - and she still has blue in her skin from the sentinel node surgery that they said would take 6 months to clear. So she'll be tan, blue, tired, bald and have a dent in her boob (also warned about radiation toughening the skin), but damn it, she'll be cancer free!

Wildfire, it sounds like you had an awsome time!

Arabella, hey, weren't you the one that told me things like this are gonna happen occassionally? You have an excellent attitude - it IS just an aberration! A passing phase, a ghost of an occurrance.... but now, finito!
And yes, I'm beside myself with glee that it's a yearning for ellipticalling and NOT a deep fried Mars bar!

Q o' the day ~ I used to make myself physically sick from stress. Either I've gotten good at handling it, or I'm in denial because I don't get that sick anymore... I remember actually being taken to the Dr.'s when I was 6 during my parent's divorce because they thought I'd had the flu for a month. The things kids do...

Toodles for now,
Terri
Old 07-17-2003, 04:55 PM   #133  

QoD: Oh, dear. I have a really hard time with that. I have literally gotten sick overnight when something especially stressful happened. That is one of my major focuses now, trying to control my stress levels instead of letting them control me.

Punkin, just in case you didn't know, the hair loss IS a sign that the chemo is working. The hair loss is an indication of that -- it's a side effect of cell-killing I think, or something like that. But a good sign, definitely. My dad really never lost much hair from chemo, and died of his cancer. And then a friend of mine, who went almost totally bald, was told by her oncologist that the good news was, bald as she was it meant that the chemo was really blasting the cancer.

Amarantha, I agree that the separate thread helps focus, but I feel like one thread is all I can handle at the mo. If that! I just have to use my me-news to focus on the challenge. Avanti!

Last edited by Arabella; 07-17-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:00 PM   #134  
Is it Friday yet?

Arabella, it's funny that you mention that hair loss is a sign the chemo's working. Mom and I were playing (more like fighting) some scarves this afternoon and I told her "ya know, I think I'd be more worried if you *weren't* loosing your hair by now". She said that was very true.... Her hair's so thin this afternoon that it's like a preview of seeing her bald - maybe it won't be so shocking now... funny how life works sometimes isn't it?

We've learned not all chemo involves hair loss - it's the side effect of only certain drugs. Mom's getting 3 different drugs specific to breast cancer. 1 doesn't involve hair loss as a side effect, 2 of them do. One of my Mom's best friends is going through chemo for a type of bone cancer and she's still the owner of a head of hair. I believe Zadie said she didn't loose hair with her chemo either. But anyway, in Mom's instance, it IS proof that the drugs are doing what they need to - essentially stopping the replication of certain cells, the ones that grow hair, nails, the lining of your mouth, stomach and intestines and skin cells. Most importantly it causes cancer cells to be unable to replicate. Where's that nuclear bomb smilie??? It causes 'em to just blow apart.... Bu-bye cancer cells, see ya, ain't nevah gonna be ya!!! Ka-BOOOM!

Ok, 'nuff of my silly self!

Terri
Old 07-18-2003, 12:53 AM   #135  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Hats are great Punkin!! I wear them everyday. Lately, they've served to cover up a bad haircut, but they also can cover up a multitude of other things. Hats are very special. Whenever I feel sad, I put on a hat and it cheers me right up! Hope the hat your mom bought you is the start of a wonderful collection! I think it's cool your stepdad's shaving his head!!!!

Wood Nymph, didn't mean to imply pressure on anyone to post on the 21-day thread, just sharing my enjoyment of doing it that way and how important the challenge has become in my journey at the moment.

For some reason, guys, I am profoundly sad today. Not sure why, since the journey is going so well and I actually wore my next smaller size jeans today.

I would think it was hormones if I had any.
Closed Thread