Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 11:51 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Just peeking in before I head for bed. I plan on being IN BED before midnight tonight. I am establising new healthier habits... and getting enough sleep is going to be one of them.

Tina... I see you posting elsewhere.... we miss you HERE !!!
I am all for joining other groups too... just don't anyone leave us. LOL

I can't say my food was bad today... because it wasn't.
But I also did not eat my veggies today. That is not good.
I need to focus on eating right.... not , not eating. YOu know what I mean?

Okay ladies... good night... sleep tight
Old 07-02-2003, 12:07 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Another busy day for me. I had my last opportunity to play in men's underwear for awhile! Had 3 grocery stores to do, then lunch with my boys. Took the 'baby' to Verizon to see if we could get him set up with a new phone CHEAP! We decided his plan was ok for him, but his phone was big and awkward and he wanted something smaller. Bless Verizon's heart, they came through for us again. FREE phone upgrade. The kid's excited.

Did a 'showgirl' job tonight. Had to do trailers on Terminator 3. We all really liked it. Finally, a movie this season that we liked.

I'm meeting a friend for a lunch job tomorrow on the other side of town. That will be nice. We try to get together about once a month. Her mother lives with them and has Alzheimers like my dad. The mother has been living with them for about 13 years now. The Alzheimers has been around for about 4. It's getting worse daily. She really has alot on her plate.

Connie: I'm glad you get a chance to jump in now and then. How's your dad doing with his salt substitute?

2cute: I think I'm really looking forward to starting at Curves. I was a bit disappointed in the girl's 'salesmanship techniques'. She was not pushy, shovey, or in any way 'selling' the program. It's really funny but I hate pushy, shovey salesmen, but this girl didn't even try to sell it. We talked, and I had to ASK about the cost, etc. I told her about my knees being so bad and she said that the different machines are made to work different parts of the body and there was only one that she thought I might have to skip or work into. It was right in front of me and when someone used it, I could see why it might be a problem. You have to squat as you pull down this big padded pole. I guess I was most disappointed because I wanted to start this week. I had already figured out where I was going to fit it in a couple of times. You know me, I'm an instant gratification, gotta do it now, type of girl. Oh well, we'll see. BTW, 2cute, you ARE too cute! The fish is Mahi Mahi, Maui Maui is in Hawaii! I know, you were just dreaming we could all vacation there, weren't you????

Sandy: The girl at Curves told me that all of their coupons are sent out by corporate so I wonder if you'll get coupons at the same time I do???? Anyway, she said the next ones were due out for July 15th. Keep an eyeball out. I will let you know if I convince them to give me something good on Monday when I go.

Tina: Does that cereal have a name, or does it just say Optimum on the label? We don't have Bi-Los here. Is it their store brand? Is Bi-Lo a health food store, or just a regular grocery? Sorry to be so inquisitive.

Sophie: Hi! Glad you stopped lurking for a minute to let us know you're here. Anyway, honey and I went on a cruise in the mid 80's and at that time I weighed about 250-275. I didn't have any problem with the seats and stuff at that size. You didn't mention your weight so I thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in. You ARE welcome to join us on a regular basis. I have no idea what Barb meant when she said the showers were a little cozy. Just because if you drop the soap you have to step out into the room to bend over???

Barbara: That's nice to know about the Disney cruise. I would love to cruise again, but I'm not a good size for the airline seats, which I worry about more than anything else. There are so many places that I would like to go.

Michelle: I'm so sorry to hear about John's dad, honey. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. [[[hugs]]]

Deb: Glad you got the scale, and YES your pounds will fluctuate throughout the day. Don't jump on it all day long or you will get mighty discouraged. Weigh once a day (if you're obsessed enough to have to, like me) and always at the same time. And as far as Little Debbies go........you DO NOT want to EAT them....you want to BE ONE!!!!!! "Little" Debbie, get it??? Sorry, it's late!

Kat: Honey, they say guests are like fish (or dirty laundry ) after three days, they stink!!!! I think you're ready for the house to be yours again, no matter how nice it was to see her.

Amanda: That's great news about hubby's job offer. I'm glad he found something so quickly. Anything governmental usually has some pretty good benefits so that will be a real plus for you guys. Hopefully, it will be enough for your DH to want to keep the job.

Mary: Good to see you. You didn't say much so........ I did not get those books packed yet, but I promise, I will one day!

JoeAnne: You were away for a week at the food mercy of someone else preparing. I'm glad you're not beating yourself up about it. Your blood sugars dropping is far more important. The other will come.

Andria: Where are you, my dear??? You drop in for a minute and then you're gone again??? What's with that?

Here's a recipe for you all. I confess I have not made it yet, but I volunteered to bring pies for dessert for my MIL's Fourth of July picnic so this will be one of them.

Strawberry Cheesecake
8 servings - 1 WW point each

24 oz fat free Cottage Cheese
3/4 cup diet red pop
1 small pkg. sugar free strawberry jello
1/2 cup strawberries

Heat pop and dissolve jello. Then put all ingredients in blender. Pour into 9" pie plate and refrigerate.

Sounds simple enough to me!!!!!

Well, girls, when I work all day, I have to do paperwork all night. So you'll have to excuse me now so I can get some work done. Do you like the fact that I came here to talk to you all FIRST???? That just shows you how much I love you ALL!!!

"Any man may make a mistake; none but a fool will persist in it" - Latin Proverb

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-02-2003 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:04 AM   #18  

Thin.... LOL LOL Maui/Mahi

You know what they say in Hawaii....

"Here today... gone to Maui "

Thanks for the longggg post. I love it when we all post longggg posts.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-02-2003 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:33 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

I feel so totally usless today. I do not want to go to work today. That is the first time since I started at the Library that I have felt this way.

It is hot and muggy here and food is terrible. A woman brought us a batch of homemade cookies to the library Monday, Choc chip, sugar, peanut butter, and oatmeal raisin. I ate 4 then last night DH went in and got cookies and I ate 2 with milk.

Hope all of you have a better day than I feel I am goiung to have.

Michelle my prayers are with you and John
Old 07-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning, ladies! I know, I know, I was just here late last night. Oh well, just couldn't log on this morning and not stop here. After that long post last night, I went to bed so now I had to get up early and do that paperwork that was supposed to be done already! YIKES! These are just my bad habits, the biggest of which is PROCRASTINATION!!!!

2cute: Glad you took the Maui/Mahi jest all in good fun. It was one of those things that written out you might have taken wrong. Glad you know me well enough to know I was just razzing you!

Mary: Oh, honey, suck it up!!! You can do this! Put those damn cookies in the back room at the library and tell hubby if he wants them at home to hide them from you and not to eat in front of you. Sometimes we just have to put our foot down and say "Whoa, baby, STOP sabotaging me and my efforts!" I don't think people give it a second thought sometimes and I have to do that here periodically. #1 son is famous for bringing home pound bags of M&M's. Well my gosh, with those you say 'just a couple' and before you know it, the whole bag is gone! We have to STOP this cycle that we're on, even if it's one baby step at a time. [[[hugs]]]

Well, I'm off to do reports. See you all later.

"Mistakes are often the best teachers. The shortest mistakes are always the best." - French Proverb
Old 07-02-2003, 09:36 AM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning All,
I can't stay right now to post because I am getting a late start on work today. However I wanted to stop in and wish everyone a great day!!!
Talk to you later!
Love,
Barb
Old 07-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile Miles and Minutes

Good morning Friends
Here is my miles and minutes for last week
6/23-6/29
Total Miles; 5.75
Total Minutes; 147
I can see where my gains come from, not enough minutes of exercise and too much sodium and carbs. But I got things in control now and am looking forward to a loss or at least a turtle next week.
You all have a Blessed day friends.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #23  

HI guys....
Barb... I was cleaning my desk top and found your photo... I forgot what a pretty lady you are. Your baby is cute too...(4legged baby) but you are much prettier.

Joanne... I love that you still post your photo in your avatar.
It just feels more intimate when you post looking at your beautiful face.
I am so impressed with you keeping account of your exercise.
I need to do that since this is a new month... new plan.

Thin... I make soooo many errors like that... I have to be able to laugh at myself. LOL

I AM GOING TO BE PRODUCTIVE TODAY

So it is written... so it is done !!!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:38 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks -
I hope you are all having a great day! I am finally finding a few minutes to catch up with you all. I just haven't had much time on the computer lately. I've been spending most of my free time finishing up my dining room project and reading the new Harry Potter - almost done with both.

I'm looking forward to the long weekend. I am taking a 1/2 day tomorrow to stretch it out even a little more. We don't have any plans for the weekend - we'll spend most of our time around the house which is fine with me. Anyone have big plans for the holiday?

Thin - Way to go on the 3.5 pound loss and going to Curves! You've got it together!! You sound like you been quite a busy gal lately!!! I loved the first Legally Blonde and can't wait to see this one --- I'm hoping to talk DH into going Friday to the early show. I'm sure he'll go with me. So, you've been playing in men's underwear??? I am interested in hearing how the strawberry cheesecake turns out! Let us know.

Deb - We ended up going out last night instead of cooking the fajitas - however I still have the makings, so we'll probably do them again. I don't do anything fancy --- I grill some boneless, skinless chicken breasts - seasoned w/ salt, peper and chili powder --- or whatever spices you like to give it a little zip. Then I saute green and red bell pepper with onions. Mix them all up -- top with lettuce, cheese, sourcream, whatever you desire, put them in tortillas. I have been doing what Thin mentioned -- not putting them all together, but eating the meat and veggies alone. You can be creative and do whatever you like. I have some wheat tortillas right now so we might try that. I know what you mean about the scale --- I was excited when I got my new one as well. Yep - your weight will fluctuate from morning to evening. I tried only weighing myself on Friday mornings, however I end up weighing everyday. Everyone is a little different. It gives me a little extra motivation, but can also get you frustrated. Some days you can stick to the plan and be a pound heavier the next day, or blow it and be a pound lighter. Just don't rely too much on it. Good Luck!

Kat - Are you officially guest free now???? I know what you mean. I love to have people visit, but after a couple days I'm ready to boot them out!

Joanne - I am happy to hear that you aren't beating yourself up about your very small gain!! You've got the right idea and you can do this!!! Your health is improving and that's the important thing!!

Mary - Come on gal! You can do it, get yourself to work and stay away from the cookies!!! Be strong!! Bad !!!

2Cute --- awwww.... you are so sweet. You make me blush! You sure know how to make a gal feel good! Are you being productive yet????

Where's everyone else? Come out, Come out where ever you are!!! Time for me to get back to work. I have some wonderful invoices waiting for me to review. Ugh!!!

Bye for now!
Barb
Old 07-02-2003, 01:39 PM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hello....hello....hello!

How are you all doing today? Great, I hope. Except for a small bout with a fast break Reese candy bar at the drive in the other night, I am fine! I know I went over my points that day, but with all the other points I've been banking, I'm sure it will level out. I am very anxious to weigh in, but I'm holding back. You gals know how I like to see the big numbers. I know that I have lost weight though because I can feel it. My clothes fit different (better) and I just FEEL better. I can't wait to WI. I was going to wait till right before I go on my trip, but I may break down and do one day this week. I haven't re-joined WW yet, because I am a cheapskate, and I want to save all my $$ for going out of town, but it hasn't stopped me from being OP. The last time I weighed in, I weighed 288.3 so keep your fingers for me.

Thin: You are not being too inquisitive at all....you know you can ask me anything. Bi Lo is a regular grocery store....I'm sorry, I assumed they were a national chain. The reason I went there is because I called every health food store (where you're supposed to be able to find them) near and far and no one had any flax and soy cereal, so my Bi Lo has a health food section and I found it there. I just love it. When I get home today, I will post exactly the name and everything for you, ok?

2cute: First off...don't you worry your pretty little head. THIS place has always been and will ALWAYS be my home. I will never ever leave. The first day I joined this site, I made my first post with you guys and this is the only thread I have ever posted to and I just thought with the site as big as it is, I was being a little closed minded not looking at other threads to see what could be offered as far as good ideas, recipes or motivation. And.... eating healthy does NOT mean not eating. You know that...I don't have to tell you that. But sometimes we don't eat as much as others, so don't beat yourself up too much, unless you are purposely not eating, then I'll have to take a detour to your neck of the woods and kick your butt myself!

Joanne: I definitely would not beat myself up if I were you about the weight gain. You have been on vacation and it is a little harder to control your food intake. All in all, I think you've done really good!

Amanda: You're not asking for too much sweetie. It sounds like you guys have had a real tough time with all the moving. I think we've all been where your at now at some point and it can be really rough. I will definitely say a prayer for you and your whole family.

Kat: I have to say you are a better woman than me...isn't it your SIL that has been visiting? If my SIL was at my house for that long, either one of two things would have happened. #1. I would have moved or #2. I would be on America's Most Wanted! Come back to us soon.

Deb: Don't feel bad girl...it's the little things in life that excite me too. Congrats on the new scale. I have to keep them out of my house or I'm weighing on them all the time. Sorry you had a rough night the other night though, brothers can be very frustrating sometimes!

Michelle: First of all, don't you every worry about dragging down the spirit here...that is what we are here for, don't you know that by now? My thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie and if you need anything, you just let me know.

Sandy: Awww, have fun on your camping trip. We sure will miss you around here though. I hope you do have time to sneak away though. When will you be back? In time for the race Saturday night...remember, they're in Daytona this week!

Barb: Sounds like you've been a busy beaver these days. Don't forget to take care of you, ok?

sophiebonz: Sorry to say that I can't be of much help to you since I've never been on a cruise, but I would be willing to bet you will be just fine! Try not to worry about these things and just have a wonderful time!

Hello to everyone else!

I'm out of here for now....I think I'm pretty much caught up. I hope you all have a terrific afternoon and I'll stop in a little later.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:18 PM   #26  

Hello there....

Barb... yes I HAVE BEEN PRODUCTIVE since I was here at 9:30 this morning.
It is now nearly 1:30. I ate a healthy lunch a few minutes ago and I decided to let it settle while I check in here for a few minutes.

Tina... good to see you again. I missed you.
I am not... not eating. I just have not been eating my veggies like I should. I got where I ate more veggies than anything else... I need to get back to those good habits.
I lose more weight eating veggies than not eating veggies.
Hmmm ... eat more and weigh less....
I think veggies are definitely needed back in my food plan.

Okay ladies.... I have been productive and I am going back to be productive again.
It is amazing... the more productive I am.. the less food calls my name too.
As ole Martha would say.... "it is a good thing".

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-02-2003 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:35 PM   #27  
BELIEVE!

I had to stop back in for a minute....I am having MAJOR munchies today. I just want lots of junk food. HELP!!! I just realized that TOM is a day or two away and that's the problem. Luckily there is no junk in the house, so I would have to drive somewhere. I'm trying to ride this out.... Maybe I'll try some lite popcorn....nope, doesn't sound good. I'm just going to avoid the kitchen for now......sorry, just had to get this off my chest.......
I've got to be strong!!!

Okay, back to work!!

2cute - Glad to see you are getting lots done!!!

Tina - You are doing such a good job these days!!! It's a great feeling when those clothes start feeling better!!! Thanks for your concern --- I am taking care of myself. Actually it's been a pretty darn good past week or so... I was showing a few pounds down this week, but now that TOM is headed my way that may not show this Friday. That's ok - I know I am doing a good job!

Well, phone's ringing.....
Old 07-02-2003, 03:11 PM   #28  

I'm AWAKE! I'm AWAKE!

Anyway, everything went well at the doctor today; I have another three month checkup on October 1; by then, I should know more about my WLS consult to report to him.

He did bump up my Synthroid from 0.25 mg to 0.50 mg, as well as change my Neurontin 300 mgs at night to a new medicine that won't only control seizures as the Neurontin did--but has an appetite supressant effect as well. It is called Topamax, and I have to take 2 (read: tiny) 25mg pills a day-better than choking down a 300mg capsule of Neurontin anyway. I guess he wants to jump start my metabolism (I am in my early 40s after all); I said, gee, if that is the case, I can just call Brian (I'm kidding)!

Right now I am doing laundry, and tonight is the tenant council meeting (I am council secretary)--no rest for the weary!
Old 07-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Talking For Thin:

The cereal is by Nature's Path. It is called OPTIMUM organic Power Breakfast Flax * Soy * Blueberry (optional, I'm sure) It has 8g Protein, 10g Fiber, Low Fat, Soy Isoflavones, 500mg Omega-3's, 100% RDI B-12, 25% RDI calcium, 100% RDI Folic Acid. Hope that helps...

See ya later!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Thanks for the info, Tina. I'll be looking for it, or something similar.
Closed Thread