Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Summer and Thanksgiving-New Year are generally harder to regulate caloric intake than late winter, spring and fall. Summer = BBQ SEASON and, well, I don't really need to explain Thanksgiving and Christmas.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #17  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Summer is much harder for me now that I live in the desert. It's just hard to get motivated to do anything when it's over 100°F before the sun even comes up. But food-wise, it is indeed easier. I'd rather eat lighter, less filling things.

Holiday-themed meals and treats can make winter hard, plus simply wanting to eat more. But once again I'm in the desert now, so it's easier to be active and enjoy the fresh, crisp air. I spend a lot more time outside in the winter, and once I have the baby I plan on getting back to jogging like I'd started last winter.

Last edited by Elladorine; 09-09-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #18  

As a Canadian, I never quite understood Black Friday. After eating so much on Thanksgiving, the *last* thing I ever wanted to do the next day was try on clothes!

Winter is tougher for me, but I don't think it's a weather thing. If Thanksgiving and X-mas took place in July, then that would be the hardest part of the year. Also, after New Year's, the gym gets so crowded due to the influx of newly signed members.
memememe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #19  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Summer is my most difficult time by far. Three trips this summer put 7 lbs right back on me. I'm actually pretty proud that's ALL it put at me.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #20  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

The holidays are the worst for me! That's what derailed me last time. I had the mindset of "Oh it's the holidays! This food isn't around all year long, just enjoy it!"

Now that I know that, for me, that thinking is a bunch of bull (lol), because the food will be around next year, and the year after that, I'm going be more mindful this year .
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #21  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
The holidays are the worst for me! That's what derailed me last time. I had the mindset of "Oh it's the holidays! This food isn't around all year long, just enjoy it!"

Now that I know that, for me, that thinking is a bunch of bull (lol), because the food will be around next year, and the year after that, I'm going be more mindful this year .
I get that mindset too....and i have to tell myself that the food will be there anytime i want it...if i want to make sweet potatoes in the middle of summer, i can...if i want to make date candy and sugar cookies in July, I can go right ahead and do so...most of what i indulge in during the holidays is something that i've made anyhow as i do nearly all the cooking and ALL of the holiday baking at our house...so i tell myself if i want to bake a whole turkey in June, I can always do that...or any of the other numerous family recipes that I enjoy making
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #22  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Pumpkin is my problem. I loooooooove it. Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin bars/cookies/cakes...UGH!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote