Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Scale regurgitates the same number?

Has anyone had this problem with their scale, or am I just going crazy?

I have been weighing roughly the same weight for the past week, nothing suspicious there, I know it happens. I ate out two times this week, yet no change on the scale. NONE. I actually stayed at the same weight I was the day previously, which I thought was strange, I was sure that I would at least hold some water weight, and deep down I had a thought that maybe there was something wrong with the scale, but instead I just looked on the bright side of things.

Last night after dinner I decided to weigh myself and test my suspicions. I was up 1.5 lbs than I had been in the morning, which seems suitable. I initially thought my scale was fine, and it was just me getting frustrated that I've been stuck at about the same number with less than a pound variations if there was a change. This morning though, when I weighed myself my scale showed me the same exact weight as last night.
I grabbed a 2lb dumbell, weighed myself with it, (I can't remember if it was exactly 2 lbs higher, I think it may have been slightly off by a .1 or .2 of a lb). Re-weighed myself without it, and it was about a 2lbs lower than my first morning weight.
I then asked one of my family members, who is much lighter than me to weigh themselves, they did. A few minutes later, I again stepped on the scale and it told me I was up about .5 pounds from the first weight (which I am going to assume is my actual current weight)!

It almost feels like the scale just remembers and then regurgitates the last weight showing the same number or something close to it (less than a pound in variation) unless someone with a drastic weight difference weighs themselves on it in between weighings. Am I overreacting or does it sound like I should look for a new scale or try replacing the batteries?
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've had similar experiences. Then I try to move the scale to different locations my house and get different readings. Sometimes the variations have been as much as 2-3 pounds. Grrr!!!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I'd replace the batteries. How old is the scale?

We had to replace our scale a few months ago, it was about 6 years old, it was the opposite of yours, you could weigh yourself any number of times and get a different reading. Not good for a scale addict, I'd be weighing myself 3 or 4 times in the a.m.

Best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Mine came with a little thing telling you how to reset it and to do so if you moved its location. With mine it's just tapping it so it turns on and waiting for it to turn back off before stepping on it. If I don't trust the numbers I'm getting I will reset it and try again.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/196/170

Lol...this sounds like my morning routine. Thank goodness I'm not the only one!
chubnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 167

Height: 156cm

Even i thought i was the only one.
These scales make you go crazy.
Angelique32 is offline   Reply With Quote